Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving

Lillard's got the athleticism and 3 point shooting, Kyrie's got the craftiness and ball-handling. Lillard's proven in the playoffs, but Kyrie's 2 years younger.

Who you got?

Banned

Default Re: Damian Lillard or Kyrie Irving

I'll take Lillard, dude has ice in his veins and has a better head on his shoulders.

Lillard all day everyday

its funny, a year ago i would have had kyrie>>>
    but now, damn i dont think its even close tbh.

Lillard it isnt close. However I Lillard has a much better team so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Lillard it isnt close. However I Lillard has a much better team so there's that.
    Yeah, that's definitely a factor in Lillard's efficiency, no matter how small.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...shooting/2014/
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...shooting/2014/

Lillard was assisted on 39.8% of his buckets this season to Kyrie's 31.0%, and if you break it down, Lillard was assisted on 24% of his 2's to Kyrie's 26.7%, but on 57.1% of his 3's to 45.5% of Kyrie's. Shows how useful a dominant big man like LMA is, to be able to draw doubles and kick it out for a good look at the 3.
    Last edited by Inferno; 05-21-2014 at 10:52 PM.

Lillard, he has a little Kobe attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Lillard's got the athleticism and 3 point shooting, Kyrie's got the craftiness and ball-handling. Lillard's proven in the playoffs, but Kyrie's 2 years younger.

Who you got?
    lol Irving is far more athletic than Lillard. Lillard is not better than Irving at 3 point shooting. Irving won the 3 point challenge remember?

Lillard simply gets more media time since he is Adidas' favorite young player who is playing on a winning team. Irving is on a different stratosphere as a player at every level.

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    lol Irving is far more athletic than Lillard. Lillard is not better than Irving at 3 point shooting. Irving won the 3 point challenge remember?

Lillard simply gets more media time since he is Adidas' favorite young player who is playing on a winning team. Irving is on a different stratosphere as a player at every level.
    yeah but one showed up in the playoffs when it mattered and came through in the biggest moment whilst the other has never been there, has been called a bad leader by teammates, and has simply been underwhelming this season

Kyrie Irving isnt that athletic. His handles hide it. Lillard > Irving athletically.

lillard, he has the derrick rose spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Random_Guy
    yeah but one showed up in the playoffs when it mattered and came through in the biggest moment whilst the other has never been there, has been called a bad leader by teammates, and has simply been underwhelming this season
    Living in the ashes of post LeBron Cleveland. Portland vs Cleveland. Irving is being scapegoated for his team's lack of success. He has been de-facto one of the most hated players in the NBA by the virtue that he played at Duke. Fact: Duke is the most hated college basketball team in the US.

Do you even get the concept of team? Most of the Spurs role players would look like utter garbage on Cleveland without Pops/Duncan/Parker.

Irving is in no way more athletic than Lillard. Just look at some of Lillard and Irving's plays and you'll see that Lillard can get faster and he also has more hops. And the 3 point contest doesn't mean shit. Curry loses it every year

Not airballing my layups anymore

Have you seen some of the plays Lillard makes? The fact that you used the three point contest as evidence that he's a better three point shooter just shows how little you know.

Do you know how many people voted Kyrie for a starter just because of those Uncle Drew commercials and they haven't seen him play a game once? Those Uncle Drew commercials gave him so much publicity that idiots were saying that he was the best PG in the league. Even though Lillard has a much better team, it's clear that Irving has taken no steps to help the Cavs improve at all. Do you even watch games? Irving is a ball dominant iso point guard that doesn't do much besides making highlight plays.

Irving is very talented, but Lillard is much better.
    Last edited by DoodleDa; 05-22-2014 at 12:04 AM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno
    Irving is in no way more athletic than Lillard. Just look at some of Lillard and Irving's plays and you'll see that Lillard can get faster and he also has more hops. And the 3 point contest doesn't mean shit. Curry loses it every year
    Kyrie is a massively underrated athlete. In fact, he's become underrated period. It's amazing how his public perception has fluctuated so drastically in such a short period of time. It goes back to people constantly living in the moment and not looking at the bigger picture.

He walked into the league as basically an All-Star level player/talent. Right away, his skills were apparent which is very rare for a 19-year-old. It took some time for people to catch on, but when they did, they completely overcompensated.

Suddenly, ESPN had him ranked as the 7th best player in the entire NBA heading into this year as a 21-year-old. That was ridiculous... and so were the expectations.

When he failed to meet them, suddenly I see people questioning if he's a top 10-15 point guard in the NBA, which is even more laughable.

Why can't people temper their emotional responses a bit? He's an incredible basketball talent who is still very young and still learning the game, on and off the court.

Also, athleticism is about more than just who jumps higher or who is faster in a straight line. Kyrie's handles are the result of absurd hand/eye coordination and change-of-direction/quickness. He also has great natural reflexes.

They're both great young PG talents. I'd take Kyrie for being younger and having what I believe is a higher ceiling. Right now, they're close and I don't think there would be a dramatic difference in their respective teams if they traded spots.