Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Added a few clips to the hour long Wilt Scouting Tool

OP, I noticed some weeks ago that you had updated the mix, but 1+ hour is too much to search. Maybe you should also be creating/adding small "random Wilt plays #1, 2, etc" types of videos for the people who have already seen the older versions of the whole Wilt mix and just want to see the new plays.

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    OP, I noticed some weeks ago that you had updated the mix, but 1+ hour is too much to search. Maybe you should also be creating/adding small "random Wilt plays #1, 2, etc" types of videos for the people who have already seen the older versions of the whole Wilt mix and just want to see the new plays.
    Agreed. There should be clips for people to binge watch, or shorter ones showing specific moves, ir new found plays. I'd love to see a video just showcasing Wilts finger roll, possibly with the clip of bill walton talking about it. And also that dunk he had on Reed, in which Russell said he thought Reed was expecting a finger roll. Along with the clips of him doing it even quicker in his younger days

Wilt scouting breakdown (bold =good)

weak, skinny, slow, gay, black, taller than everyone else

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    Wilt scouting breakdown (bold =good)

weak, skinny, slow, gay, black, taller than everyone else
    sounds like a decent prospect

ceiling is Jason Collins?

If mj can get 5+hours mixes that get watched wilt can get 1+ hour mixes. Ive actually had requests to do 2+ hour version that includes passing rebounds and blocks. I do make shorter vids and have plans for vids of more isolated types of plays but the scouting vid thing is all-known baskets and I'll keep periodically updating as I feel I need. If people only want to watch it once that's fine there's always new fans who will not have seen the older ones.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 06-11-2015 at 06:09 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    If mj can get 5 hours mix wilt can get 1 hour mixes. I do make vids and have plans for vids of more isolated types of plays but the scouting vid thing is all-known baskets and I'll keep periodically updating as need be. If people only want to watch it once that's fine there's always new fans who will not have seen the older ones
    you should remaster it with https://youtu.be/UJOjTNuuEVw?t=38 as the soundtrack instead

If mj can get 5+hours mixes that get watched wilt can get 1+ hour mixes. Ive actually had requests to do 2+ hour version that includes passing rebounds and blocks. I do make shorter vids and have plans for vids of more isolated types of plays but the scouting vid thing is all-known baskets and I'll keep periodically updating as I feel I need. If people only want to watch it once that's fine there's always new fans who will not have seen the older ones.
    I didn't claim you shouldn't be updating your Wilt mix or even that you should break it up. But, you should make, in some way, your updates easy to spot.

I didn't claim you shouldn't be updating your Wilt mix or even that you should break it up. But, you should make, in some way, your updates easy to spot.
    Every time I do I post all the updates down in the YT comments with time codes straight to the "new" content as well as an updated section time code - hopefully that's enough but it's up to the viewers to see the comment I guess
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 06-11-2015 at 06:36 PM.

OP, did you make this video? If so, wow. It must've taken you many, many hours to get all of this footage. How were you able to obtain all this footage?

I didn't realize Wilt was as big as he was. I thought he was a little bigger than your run of the mill C. But he was 7'1"ish without shoes and started his career around at 265 lbs and played most of his career at around 300 lbs.

He's got some touch too. Definitely one of the greatest players to ever lace them up.