Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Default Should Dan Gilbert blow it up?

Serious question:

If you were Dan Gilbert would you fire Chris Grant and Mike Brown?

This season has been epically disappointing. Team plays with no passion. Star player is unhappy.

I think Chris Grant's moves in a vacuum are good, not phenomenal, but good. His only real f*ck up has been Bennett, and he could still turn out to be a good player for all we know. However his free agent signings were awful, and the players don't seem to be jiving well with Mike Brown, which was his hire.

I thought MB would bring this team back to some level of respectability after Byron Scott. He has great assistants, Bernie Bickerstaff and Igor Kokosov. I don't think the offensive struggles are really his blame. The X's and O's aren't the problem and neither are the rotations. The more I watch this season progress it just seems like these young guys just aren't connecting with him. They aren't playing hard every night. I think MB's problem is getting this team motivated and getting them to believe in the system. Yesterday the players just abandoned it.

If you do blow it up who do you replace Grant and MB with? Or should Gilbert stay the course and try to better the team through stability?

Default Re: Should Dan Gilbert blow it up?

Blow what up? They're already a lottery team.

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    /thread

Banned

He meant it literary, genius...

Banned

blow up what?

they were in a very good position after they got the 1st pick and picked kyrie then all shit broke loose with their stupid decisions.

Dunking on everybody in the park Phantom_Blue's Avatar

Gotta find out whether Kyrie is a franchise player or the 2nd option. I don't follow Kyrie but it seems like he's not the greatest leader.

But yeah, get rid of Brown and bring in someone who instills discipline and commands some respecr, maybe a Lionel Hollins and trade the young guys for some solid vets.

Or Karl if you're going to stick with the youth and want player development.

Banned

Kyrie is a 2 guard playing point. That is issue #1.

Dunking on everybody in the park shallehalle's Avatar

I just wish we wouldn't of hired Brown back. I wanted Nate McMillan. But yeah, there is something going on, too much talent to be playing this bad. I thought Bynum might of been the problem, and it did seem like they were playing like new men as soon as he left but wow was that embarrassing or what on TNT? Like, I could undertand if it was Miami OKC, Indy or somebody but it was freaking New York. We beat them no problem earlier this year. Just nobody plays hard and I feel like the 2011 Cavs played harder then this group.

As for Chris Grant..... I don't think he has done a bad job at all. Really the only questionable decision he has made was drafting Bennett and its far too early to judge the kid yet. He only gets judged like this because he was #1, we don't know how he will be in 1-2 years. Its not like there has never been a player who didn't develop until their 3rd or 4th season. Steve Nash, John Stockton certainly come up for discussion. The FA signings this year, I mean, who would of thought Jarrett Jack would decline after coming off the best season of his career, where he was arguably the best bench guard in the league last year. Andrew Bynum, also coming off the best season of his career (not counting the Philly experiment where he did NOT play). Who knew he wouldn't want to play in Cleveland? Well why did you sign then moron? You weren't traded here. . But, also keep in mind this guy managed to trade Mo Williams and Jamario Moon to get Kyrie Irving. His other draft picks have not been bad either. I am satisfied with TT, Waiters and Zeller. Maybe we could of had Klay Thompson or Kawhi Leonard or even Harrison Barnes but they all are still developing and I am satisfied.

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe

You know what's really pathetic, Cleveland has had multiple trips to the draft lottery and multiple opportunities to rebuild their team the right way and in one offseason, Ryan McDonough in Phoenix has been able to exceed what they've done and put together a far better team.

I'll take Kyrie on the Lakers!

We will send you Jordan Famar.

NBA Superstar

they need a nazi coach like Skiles or someone like Thibodou who will push more team concept. someone who is willing to sit the star player for sucking and not give him the ball in crunch for choking, and make them earn those opportunities. and find guys who can deliver instead of going by their players reps. I feel like the Cav's suffer with how much leeway and emphasis they put on their 'good' players no matter how well or bad they're playing.

giving Kyrie the ball to do whatever he wants the last 2 minutes of every close game where he chokes more than he delivers is typical Mike Brown having no pull and being regulated by his stars rep's coaching. better coaches would have taken the ball out of their hands after so much failure and not have been afraid to piss their star players off where they get a chip on their shoulder to get better at things. so much guard iso with such streaky shooters that are poor decision makers is just dumb coaching to me.

for how much hype Waiters gets by Cav's fans he's extremely overrated imo. he has moments of talented drives but for the most part all he does is chuck shots that are as hit and miss streaky as Joe Johnson from game to game.

there has to be more a team ball movement concept imo, and less emphasis on their guards chuckinig, iso'ing and taking difficult shots. i mean go into tristan more than the guards if anything.

watching the Cav's is real frustrating to me. i think they should blow it up because the players they're counting on to take them to the top aren't capable, nor the coaching. Knicks made them look so amateur last night where they looked like a rec league team. JR's highlight reels were like playing playground on scrubs.