Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    All Through Your Body Illuminati's Avatar

Exclamation The GOAT coach Phil Jackson said: "Lakers paid Kobe more than I would have gone for"

[quote]@bill_oram
    On NBA TV, Phil Jackson says he agreed with extending Kobe for two years but that the Lakers

Default Re: The GOAT coach Phil Jackson said: "Lakers paid Kobe more than I would have gone for"

Quote Originally Posted by Illuminati

Pretty much what everyone has been saying.
    nothings sounds better than the truth.

Default Re: The GOAT coach Phil Jackson said: "Lakers paid Kobe more than I would have gone for"

No shit. Kobe was a beast last year, put we have no idea how well he come back. Chances say he will suck.

Banned

Kobe is nothing without Phil Jackson.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

The GOAT has spoken

The Zen master is 100% right

phils coming home

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by RightToCensor
    Kobe is nothing without Phil Jackson.
    Like Jordan?

YouGotServed
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Phil just said what everyone else was already thinking. Kobe pretty much crippled the Lakers franchise. He's an egotistical douchebag. Go ahead and take your millions. The Lakers will be taking up the ass by every other team for the next few years.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    The GOAT has spoken
    yes he has

Lakers coach Phil Jackson joined the show to discuss the upcoming playoffs.

-- Dan asked Jackson who he would want to start a team with. Jackson said that power players are really the key to the NBA. There are exceptions, like Michael Jordan, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, but he would take Dwight Howard over James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Paul if he was starting a team right now.
    anyways yes giving a 34-35 year old coming off a devastating injury a huge contract doesn't sound like a smart idea, however this is the Lakers & Kobe Bryant who have won 5 championships together 2000, so i'll wait and see, but I have faith that they know what they are doing and have a solid game plan moving forward.

Lakers home sell out streak ended this year, and i'm sure their sponsors were more than adamant that Kobe Bryant be a part of the roster until he leaves the NBA

Banned

Easy to say after seeing Kobe have a failed return due to a second injury.. Hindsight is 20/20..

Phil is right.

Banned

the problem was signing him to this much before having him return, could have waited until the end of the year to sign him

Believe in the Zen.

All Through Your Body Illuminati's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    yes he has

anyways yes giving a 34-35 year old coming off a devastating injury a huge contract doesn't sound like a smart idea, however this is the Lakers & Kobe Bryant who have won 5 championships together 2000, so i'll wait and see, but I have faith that they know what they are doing and have a solid game plan moving forward.

Lakers home sell out streak ended this year, and i'm sure their sponsors were more than adamant that Kobe Bryant be a part of the roster until he leaves the NBA
    lol @ posting an article from what, 2009?