Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Do any of you want religion/God to be true?

Quote Originally Posted by Nanners

you are damn right i am vile

and where exactly do you think i am copy pasting my replies from? thats a new one.

btw i am agnostic, not atheist. big difference. i have never claimed there is no god. i think it is unlikely that there is a god, and extremely unlikely that there is a god as described by any of the mainstream religions, but it is possible, and there is really no way for anybody to be sure either way.

the only responses that your idiotic ramblings warrant is insults. maybe if you showed an inkling of intelligence you would get a better response.

Still waiting for your science since Einstein's Theory of Relativity wasn't good enough for you.

God is real. Big bang theory is nothing but a bullshit cover up. P.Chewing knows what he's talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
    Still waiting for your science since Einstein's Theory of Relativity wasn't good enough for you.
    what the hell are you talking about? how exactly does relativity disprove anything about the big bang theory?

btw i am agnostic, not atheist. big difference. i have never claimed there is no god. i think it is unlikely that there is a god, and extremely unlikely that there is a god as described by any of the mainstream religions, but it is possible, and there is really no way for anybody to be sure either way.
    Honestly, people who claim to be "agnostic" are bigger idiots than people who believe in deities.

Of course you're agnostic. Every living thing on the planet is. It's redundant to label yourself as "agnostic".

i am actually considering joining the church of satan, they seem pretty legit

http://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2...8IN/story.html

If anybody don't believe in God then they definitely believe in satan that includes atheists. So yea maybe you should

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Honestly, people who claim to be "agnostic" are bigger idiots than people who believe in deities.

Of course you're agnostic. Every living thing on the planet is. It's redundant to label yourself as "agnostic".
    An agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in the existence of a deity or deities, whereas a theist and an atheist believe and disbelieve, respectively.

You smokin' san? Just because we may never know doesn't mean we don't assert.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

what the hell are you talking about? how exactly does relativity disprove anything about the big bang theory?

since you only understand science at a grade school level, wouldnt that make this is the perfect place for some insults?

you are an idiot.

You were rebutting my statement about God being ever-present I'm assuming. You need to keep up with your replies. I was actually trying to be civil with you and warning that you that we cannot get into a debate about who came first and who created what since we honestly do not know. The best we can do is use Einstein's Theory of Relativity to possibly answer the question about a "Creator" always being there and the universe/stars/planets/life coming afterwards.

I'm no bible-thumper. I'm trying to use science to prove Creationism and not the alternative. But if you guys have other science proving otherwise, I'd love to see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness
    An agnostic is someone who neither believes nor disbelieves in the existence of a deity or deities, whereas a theist and an atheist believe and disbelieve, respectively.

they are still as guilty just like an atheist because they don't fully believe in God.

religion is stupid as ****

You were rebutting my statement about God being ever-present I'm assuming. You need to keep up with your replies. I was actually trying to be civil with you and warning that you that we cannot get into a debate about who came first and who created what since we honestly do not know. The best we can do is use Einstein's Theory of Relativity to possibly answer the question about a "Creator" always being there and the universe/stars/planets/life coming afterwards.

I'm no bible-thumper. I'm trying to use science to prove Creationism and not the alternative. But if you guys have other science proving otherwise, I'd love to see it.

and HOW EXACTLY can relativity be used to explain the existence of a creator? i dont see any connection there.

if it was possible to prove creationism with science, someone would have already done it. god knows plenty of people have tried (and failed spectacularly)

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

I'd prefer it if the devil was real since god is such a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Nowitness

Not even close

Gnostic

Relating to knowledge, especially esoteric mystical knowledge.
    Origin

late 16th century (as a noun): via ecclesiastical Latin from Greek gnōstikos, from gnōstos 'known' (related to gignōskein 'know').
    Gnostic = to have knowledge

Agnostic = to lack having knowledge

"Agnostic" literally means "not knowing". "Not knowing" applies to everybody. None of us know what is or isn't outside of the known universe.

[QUOTE][B]the

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Not even close

Gnostic = to have knowledge

Agnostic = to lack having knowledge

"Agnostic" literally means "not knowing". "Not knowing" applies to everybody. None of us know what is or isn't outside of the known universe.

Theism = belief in god(s)
    Atheism = the lack of belief in god(s)

Lacking a belief =/= believing the opposite.

Agnostic = not knowing if there is a god.
    Atheist = not believing there is a god. That doesn't mean believing there ISN'T a god.
    Which is exactly why I label myself as an antitheist. Checkmate.

God no by the time I'm old and crusty I will probably be so sick of the human experience that I hope there isn't anything that resembles it after I die.

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Royal Society = 97% non-theists

American National Academy of Sciences = 93% non-theists

But hey, what do they know? I'm sure you can set them straight.