Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Lebronyte Kryptonite

Default Re: Are Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili hall of famers?

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    Beginning to catch up to him....yeh that happens when you're about to hit 35 douche bag.

(yawn)

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

Manu is in definitely... Parker, probably not. I don't see him winning any more titles, and then what has he done? Won 3 titles with 2 Hall of Famers and won one FMVP in the most one sided Finals series ever. Does not deserve it (although there are certainly some players in there who probably don't either).

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease MochaUdoka's Avatar

It would be a travesty if Manu didn't get in the HOF. I don't see how anyone can say otherwise with his accomplishments.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by MochaUdoka
    It would be a travesty if Manu didn't get in the HOF. I don't see how anyone can say otherwise with his accomplishments.
    Besides getting carried by Tim Duncan to 3 championships, what accomplishments?

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease MochaUdoka's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NJW1247
    Besides getting carried by Tim Duncan to 3 championships, what accomplishments?
    Someone already mentioned it earlier in the thread : It's the basketball HOF, not the NBA hall of fame.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Parker will be a HOF. If he retired today, it would be close. But he won't. He has at least 3 years left in him. He will be 30 years old by the end of the year. Right now he has 2 rings, 1 FMVP, 3 all star appearances and nearly 13k points and 4k assists.
    Last edited by Locked_Up_Tonight; 12-24-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Biased Troll

If Parker is in because the Spurs won titles, Bowen should be in as well.

Manu YES. All basketball is taken into account, including international competitions. So yes, definitely.

Tony Parker absolutely not. NOt even in the discussion.

I don't get the "Parker, maybe." NO. He's nowhere near a hall of famer. He's getting ridiculously overrated.

I think Parker's three rings and Finals MVP gets him in regardless. Can't say that all Manu's Olympic and Euroleague accomplishments alone will get him in, but at the end of the day he's one of those guys whose play dictates more than his NBA accomplishments. 3 rings, a SMOY, and a huge impact on those championship teams might just be enough to get him in. Prime Ginobili was an incredible thing to watch.

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    Better than DWade, Jerry West, Clyde Drexler, Joe Dumars, Ray Allen? You'd have to be born yesterday or a retard to believe that. Oh wait.
    Jerry West a shooting guard?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I don't get the "Parker, maybe." NO. He's nowhere near a hall of famer. He's getting ridiculously overrated.
    Overrated isn't the word to use in this situation. But accomplishments and awards aren't forgotten, and there aren't too many PGs in the league right now with a Finals MVP in their trophy case. I believe it's just him and Chauncey right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TMT
    Overrated isn't the word to use in this situation. But accomplishments and awards aren't forgotten, and there aren't too many PGs in the league right now with a Finals MVP in their trophy case. I believe it's just him and Chauncey right now.
    Duncan was the MVP of that series. Parker was the highest scorer and the little white sportswriters like little men. Anyone who looked at that series and thought Parker was the most important person on the floor for the Spurs only saw what they wanted. If Parker burst into flames prior to Game 1, SPurs win that series. If Duncan went down, do Spurs win more than 1 game? Duncan was getting swamped, and Parker abused Boobie.

Parker is not a HOF level talent. He's never been dominant, never been one of the best at his position. His victories come with two players on his own team more important than him. He also doesn't have the (ridiculous) international resume of Gino.

I hate these discussions, because in two seconds im going to be callled a hater and i'm not, i'm not saying Parker isn't great. HOF is for the best of the best, and that does not in any way describe Tony Parker. Not remotely.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by niko

Parker is not a HOF level talent. He's never been dominant, never been one of the best at his position. His victories come with two players on his own team more important than him. He also doesn't have the (ridiculous) international resume of Gino.
    Yea I dont think Parker is HOF worthy but he was a top PG in the league in the mid 2000s. 07 Parker was second to who? Steve Nash? Him and Kidd were a wash at that point. He was the most dominant penetrating PG and one of the most elusive and creative finishers I've ever seen.

Born again Cavs fan bballnoob1192's Avatar

i think the question is a little misleading because manu ginoblie is a HoF and Tony parker is not, but both of them will get into the HoF if you know what i mean. there are shittier players with lesser resumes than TP that are in the HoF he might not be first ballot, but he will prolly get in 3 titles and FMVP no matter how fluke will get you in. so i agree with people who say he isnt HoF material, but at the end of the day he's prolly still gonna get in