Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Are Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili hall of famers?

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    parker is not a medicore defender...he's better than that. You dont play for Poppavich being a medicore defender. His PG skill are definately above medicore as well. The spurs offense is not predicated on Ball dominant PG play...you clearly know nothing of tony parker.
    Parker is mediocre at everything except for scoring. His career assist/turnover ratio is very pedestrian. Just look at last season. The Spurs adopted a run-n-gun style because their old defensive grinding style was no longer suited to their skillset anymore since Duncan lost lost a few steps and Bowen retired.

You were clearly born yesterday if you think TP is HOF material.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    Parker is mediocre at everything except for scoring. His career assist/turnover ratio is very pedestrian. Just look at last season. The Spurs adopted a run-n-gun style because their old defensive grinding style was no longer suited to their skillset anymore since Duncan lost lost a few steps and Bowen retired.

You were clearly born yesterday if you think TP is HOF material.
    he played a very important role on championship teams 1 of which won FMVP..he's not first ballot but definately deserves to make it there. ....He should not be penalized because he played for a team that was predicated on ball movement as opposed to the PG setting up every play...hisgh assists totals are overrated and suggest poor ball movement and ball domination which is not good.

Manu = yes

Parker = no

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by greymatter
    Not really impressed by either of their careers. Had they both played in the 80s or 90s, neither would have ever come close to sniffing an all-star team and would at best be slightly above average starters.
    yah your pretty f ucking STUPID but considering this is ISH I dont hold it against you. both of these players are capable of carrying a team IN ANY ERA. go f uck yourself

ginobili and parker will both be HOF. ginobili first obviously

you forget parker is frances best player of all time. this is the basketball hall of fame.

If this idiot would care to watch any of the games that duncan or ginobili gets injured in he would see parker scoring 30+ a game but since he doesnt watch the nba ill just sum it up to pops offensive system. certain players get a certain amount of shots. this is not a iso superstar team like im sure this piece of SHIT is accustomed to
    Last edited by MooseJuiceBowen; 12-24-2011 at 04:56 AM.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

Manu is in for sure simply based on his international career. Throw in 3 NBA championships as a major key player and his ability I think voters will put him in.

Parker still has a bit left to do. But if he puts up solid enough numbers, and has some good totals when it's said and done then he'll be in, plus a Finals MVP.

Maeru Perinawa Achali TaLvsCuaL's Avatar

Manu for sure.

Championship or bust Cali Syndicate's Avatar

Possibly...but I doubt it.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Don't really care about either one. Parker is severely overrated, since he could only score on dribble penetration like Rondo. He only now started getting a decent jumpshot to get his points. And Ginobli plays like he's on crack. Half the time the dude hits the floor like a crash test dummy. Which is beginning to catch up with him now. Parker will probably get in for sure. Ginobli maybe on a 3rd ballot of something.

Banned

I'm probably the only one who thinks this, but I feel like if you switch out the teams Ray Allen and Ginobili played for, everyone would think Ginobili is better. So I do think Ginobili deserves a HOF spot, but I'm not sure if he gets it.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Don't really care about either one. Parker is severely overrated, since he could only score on dribble penetration like Rondo. He only now started getting a decent jumpshot to get his points. And Ginobli plays like he's on crack. Half the time the dude hits the floor like a crash test dummy. Which is beginning to catch up with him now. Parker will probably get in for sure. Ginobli maybe on a 3rd ballot of something.
    parker has had himself a decent jump for atleast 4 seasons now...Wow it really surprises me how little people know about tony parker....

They will both end up being HOF...
    Manu first i'm guessing but eventually Parker

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by I.R.Beast
    parker has had himself a decent jump for atleast 4 seasons now...Wow it really surprises me how little people know about tony parker....

That's cuz he's overrated and nobody cares to follow him. he's been a nonfactor in the last 2 playoff runs for the Spurs so that should tell you something.

Local High School Star Joshumitsu's Avatar

Ginobli, in my opinion, is almost as good, if not just as good, as Brandon Roy, who was also very underrated. Both were deceptive scorers and athletes, extremely clutch, and had killer instincts.

But because he plays in San Antonio, he gets overlooked as simply a good six man type of player when he really could be averaging, in his peak, 25+/5/5 as the main option.

Tony Parker, on the other hand, needs to play 10 more years and make the all-star game in half. He's a point guard so he has longevity. But I don't know if his game is good enough or if he has the will to be better. He's already won his rings and Duncan is not getting any younger, so he's sort of stagnated.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Manu yes because of his combined NBA and international career.

Parker, no.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    Beginning to catch up to him....yeh that happens when you're about to hit 35 douche bag.