NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Default BREAKING: Mozgov - 4Y, $64M

I just dont get this one... 4 years for this guy?

p.s. glad to see clarkson re-sign.

I rule the local playground

Default Re: BREAKING: Mozgov - 4Y, $64M

i dont get what they are doing....

High School Varsity 6th Man

We should sign Seth Curry. He is unrestricted now. Started to come into his own in Sacramento. An absolute sniper from three with a nice handle and good court vision.

Personally I would have gone for Mahinmi first but it is what it is

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Not certain that he's ever really been able to completely remove Blake Griffin's DNA from his ear socket.

$16,000,000 per for Mozgov. Wow. . . . . Didn't we pay prime Pau Gasol around that much or less?

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by EllEffEll
    Not certain that he's ever really been able to completely remove Blake Griffin's DNA from his ear socket.

$16,000,000 per for Mozgov. Wow. . . . . Didn't we pay prime Pau Gasol around that much or less?
    Pau made 16.5m in 2010. 16m per for 2 yrs. I think we can all understand, but 4 yrs.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...gasolpa01.html

NBA lottery pick

Seeing the money that other people got it's not a terrible contract. He'll be a starter and he's just now getting into his prime. We have to keep our fingers crossed I guess....

Home of the 16

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Seeing the money that other people got it's not a terrible contract. He'll be a starter and he's just now getting into his prime. We have to keep our fingers crossed I guess....
    16m per is terrible. I do not care if the salary cap increases every year, it would just mean you'll have more money to spend on quality players & be thankful, then you spend it wisely. 16m for 4 years on Mozgov is just ..... terrible. Don't adjust just because you see all these big money thrown around at players who are solid 3rd options on a contending team but yet getting paid like superstars. But I don't really care much, likely going to get traded too anyway.

Edit: He's 29 yrs. old, overpaid & likely going to start declining in a couple of yrs.

Welcome, Timofey Mozgov, but, let's be real.
    Last edited by $LakerGold; 07-11-2016 at 01:41 AM.

Local High School Star EllEffEll's Avatar

Things are pretty bad when the Lakers can't even get a meeting with KD, and then have to pay Mozgov $16,000,000 per.

I am at the point where I feel like either Jim Buss should either step down or be fired. If that isn't going to happen, they should sell the team. Never thought I'd say that, but there is obviously a lack of respect around the league (the players) and the most respectable FA's are not even even considering the Lakers. Don't even want to use them as a bargaining chip.

At least the Clippers got a courtesy meeting.

Gentlemen, it's getting increasingly difficult to come to any other conclusion other than to surmise that the Laker's FO has an image problem.

If the Lakers double their win total from this past season, they could still miss the playoffs in 2017.

NBA lottery pick

The Lakers aren't making the playoffs. I don't think anyone had those expectations.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease Lakers91's Avatar

From a pure contract standpoint it's not great more so because it's four years but then it could be potentially traded as an expiring contract - who knows. Biyombo is on about 17 million so if you wanted a younger option he was a possibility but his offensive game is very limited.

As a player I like Mozgov - as a starter? Eh I'm unsure, but he's a good presence to have and a veteran and I expect he'll be pretty productive, I don't think his knee will continue to be a problem either. I think he'll be serviceable, and he'll be a good professional around the lockerroom, as a player I'm very happy he's on the team, the contract wasn't very good but eh it's at the point where the team has to overpay now.

They saw a need at center and addressed it and if healthy he'll definitely be an upgrade on Hibbert.

The Mozgov deal is just a bitter reminder on how far our franchise has falling off.

NBA All-star

I see this move as quite similar to Verizon purchasing Yahoo

"Popularity is the slutty little cousin of prestige"