Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: giannis

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Default giannis

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks...291013381.html

A pretty good read about a young player learning his trade, and became player of the week

Here's to you bucky = pour me one

Default Re: giannis

Dude has been awesome this past week. Singlehandedly brought us back tonight's game with his passing and defense. Wish he would've gotten the trip dub tonight, but Kidd was trying to give him and Knight some rest.

He's gotta be a PF going forward, enough with the PG nonsense. He's just a nightmare at the 4..too quick, athletic, fluid for traditional 4s, and too big, long for normal wings. Exciting to see him building on his post game. His vision is unreal, he's easily the best passer on the team after Marshall, but his size/length makes it so dangerous. He needs to keep working on the jumper..it's looked so much better in recent games, might be the shooting sleeve..and get Henson to teach him that lefty hook.

There've been a decent amount of guys that have given off a star vibe..but it's been a long time since I've seen Bucks fans so enamored with a player, in such total agreement that we might have a special talent on the team. Not to mention we estill have the #2 pick from last year to pair with him going forward.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

Dude has been awesome this past week. Singlehandedly brought us back tonight's game with his passing and defense. Wish he would've gotten the trip dub tonight, but Kidd was trying to give him and Knight some rest.

He's gotta be a PF going forward, enough with the PG nonsense. He's just a nightmare at the 4..too quick, athletic, fluid for traditional 4s, and too big, long for normal wings. Exciting to see him building on his post game. His vision is unreal, he's easily the best passer on the team after Marshall, but his size/length makes it so dangerous. He needs to keep working on the jumper..it's looked so much better in recent games, might be the shooting sleeve..and get Henson to teach him that lefty hook.

There've been a decent amount of guys that have given off a star vibe..but it's been a long time since I've seen Bucks fans so enamored with a player, in such total agreement that we might have a special talent on the team. Not to mention we estill have the #2 pick from last year to pair with him going forward.
    Weren't you the one saying he was gonna be a full time pg?

Anyways this guy is starting to look pretty good. I thought Jabari was better than him but he's proving me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Weren't you the one saying he was gonna be a full time pg?

Anyways this guy is starting to look pretty good. I thought Jabari was better than him but he's proving me wrong
    No, I said they were trying. Maybe I was trolling around or some shit but all I ever seriously said about it is that even if it ends up failing, it's good because it'll help hone his natural playmaking ability. Just letting him try it out is better than anything we did the year before with Drew, who flat out didn't give a **** about his development.

And Jabari is gonna be a stud. I'm more sure about him than Giannis. His game isn't as reliant on his physical tools, the skills are all there. He just needed to get more comfortable. He's an easy 20+ ppg when he settles into the league. It's gonna be a 1A/1B scenario going forward imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    http://www.jsonline.com/sports/bucks...291013381.html

A pretty good read about a young player learning his trade, and became player of the week

Here's to you bucky = pour me one
    hey there bud

Giannis is a freak of nature. I don't know why there isn't more buzz about this guy.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

He will be a SF for life.
    Quickness , length , shooting, slashing all say SF

His slashing and going to the rack is a prime example of a player his size , becoming a better player than Kevin Durant,

Durant started with a jumper, and worked on his elbow and release over the years... but just this year he has really started slashing.

Where as Giannis was a slasher , and good handles , and is now starting to have a decent 'J' from Kidd's teaching.

Last night if he played longer , he would of had a triple double....

Kidd is still using him in a guarded minute fashion.

Not airballing my layups anymore

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjZFIhJ2nPI

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    Giannis is a freak of nature. I don't know why there isn't more buzz about this guy.
    Because I can beat him in a shooting contest

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

I believe.

National High School Star beastee's Avatar

No, I said they were trying. Maybe I was trolling around or some shit but all I ever seriously said about it is that even if it ends up failing, it's good because it'll help hone his natural playmaking ability. Just letting him try it out is better than anything we did the year before with Drew, who flat out didn't give a **** about his development.

And Jabari is gonna be a stud. I'm more sure about him than Giannis. His game isn't as reliant on his physical tools, the skills are all there. He just needed to get more comfortable. He's an easy 20+ ppg when he settles into the league. It's gonna be a 1A/1B scenario going forward imo.
    It's a shame Larry Sanders didn't pan out. With him and 1a, 1b all they would need is a stud PG and will be a top force for years. The Bulls and Cavs have this division locked for the next 2-3 years, but the Bucks are gonna start making major noise if they stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    He will be a SF for life.
    Quickness , length , shooting, slashing all say SF

His slashing and going to the rack is a prime example of a player his size , becoming a better player than Kevin Durant,

Durant started with a jumper, and worked on his elbow and release over the years... but just this year he has really started slashing.

Where as Giannis was a slasher , and good handles , and is now starting to have a decent 'J' from Kidd's teaching.

Last night if he played longer , he would of had a triple double....

Kidd is still using him in a guarded minute fashion.
    No one ever expected such a sentence to ever be formed

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Because I can beat him in a shooting contest
    Giannis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Noel
    Quote Originally Posted by beastee
    It's a shame Larry Sanders didn't pan out. With him and 1a, 1b all they would need is a stud PG and will be a top force for years. The Bulls and Cavs have this division locked for the next 2-3 years, but the Bucks are gonna start making major noise if they stay healthy.
    Yeah, couple seasons ago the dude seemed like a DPOY in the making..I still have a sliver of hope though lol. The weirdest thing is that right now we're still a top 5 defense without Sanders..can't imagine where we'd be if he wasn't a ****boy.

Honestly..with Sanders and a healthy Jabari, I think we'd be able to push Toronto, Washington, or Chicago to a tough 6-7 game series. Cleveland and ATL would be too much. But the fact we're on pace for 46 wins..crazy to me.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by KungFuJoe
    I think I heard something about him being Greek too. They need to come up with some fun nickname for him.

"Kid is a freak of nature"

All you dudes say when it comes to him. Broken record.

Giannis >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Noel
    I bet Noel can beat him in horse