Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Scottie Pippen: Strong Side/Weak Side

I thought the OP was kinda lame. Not just because I'm a Pippen fan (I lie, it might have something to do with it ), but because it was kinda lame?

some of those strong side/weak side pics are cool.. others aren't. This one wasn't my taste. No need to act butthurt like some posters in this thread though

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    I thought the OP was kinda lame. Not just because I'm a Pippen fan (I lie, it might have something to do with it ), but because it was kinda lame?

some of those strong side/weak side pics are cool.. others aren't. This one wasn't my taste. No need to act butthurt like some posters in this thread though
    I agree, it wasn't one of the better Strong Side/Weak Side pics, I just posted it for the sake of it, but some people took it waaaay to personally, it barely even mentions Jordan! Damn, I forgot how easily Kobe trolls catch feelings!

Local High School Star Alhazred's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Manute for Ever!
    I agree, it wasn't one of the better Strong Side/Weak Side pics, I just posted it for the sake of it, but some people took it waaaay to personally, it doesn't even mention Jordan!
    Yes it does.

It was alright though. I chuckled at a few of them, particularly the one about being overshadowed by Rodman.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by Alhazred
    Yes it does.

It was alright though. I chuckled at a few of them, particularly the one about being overshadowed by Rodman.
    I checked back and it does so I edited my post. You must have posted this while I was doing it
    He's definitely not mentioned in away that makes him the focal point of the article, that's for sure.

I agree, it wasn't one of the better Strong Side/Weak Side pics, I just posted it for the sake of it, but some people took it waaaay to personally, it barely even mentions Jordan! Damn, I forgot how easily Kobe trolls catch feelings!
    Damn, that's like forgetting where you live
    you ok buddy?

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by Toizumi
    Damn, that's like forgetting where you live
    you ok buddy?

NBA Superstar

was underrated for so long he is now supr-overrated.

If I gotta hear one more person say he was the second best player in the NBA in his prime I am gonna shit myself.

Quote Originally Posted by JtotheIzzo
    was underrated for so long he is now supr-overrated.

If I gotta hear one more person say he was the second best player in the NBA in his prime I am gonna shit myself.
    He's apparently better than Kobe, Wade and Lebron to some people...

Oh and don't forget Grant Hill; he was like, Lebron, but before Lebron... lol.

Some of the kids on here need to shut the f*ck up and stop pretending like they knew shit about previous eras if they haven't read up on it and watched tapes of the games.

Bol'd over

It's mainly guys like Fatal9 who overrate him; They claim to be Bulls fans, but are Jordan haters and feel the need to prop up Pippen at any chance. I liked Scottie, I thought he was good, but I still don't know how he got into the 50 Greatest Players over Dominique Wilkins. 'Nique definitely deserved it more.

It's mainly guys like Fatal9 who overrate him; They claim to be Bulls fans, but are Jordan haters and feel the need to prop up Pippen at any chance. I liked Scottie, I thought he was good, but I still don't know how he got into the 50 Greatest Players over Dominique Wilkins. 'Nique definitely deserved it more.
    Unlike Pippen, Nique was a clear nr 1 option for his team, but who was the better player in terms of individual skills and team play?

Nique was a better scorer without doubt, eventhough they were almost equally effecient in percentages - Wilkins carried his entire team.. Pip had better teammate(s) and got better looks (less defensive attention then Wilkins). so scoring edge definitely goes to Nique.

Still though, Pippen was a better overall player in terms of passing, courtvision, defense. They have almost similar rebounding numbers.

So yeah, Pip was more versatile. That doesn't necesarilly make him the better player though, just saying. Rankings are subjective, but I'd take Pippen over Wilkins.

I'll admit that I'm slightly biased, but that doesn't mean that I don't respect your opinion. Nique was great. I'm happy Pip made it though - 50 greatest sounds good

I checked back and it does so I edited my post. You must have posted this while I was doing it
    He's definitely not mentioned in away that makes him the focal point of the article, that's for sure.
    Lol fair enough.

Banned

We have a lot of people who don't know much about basketball and I am not one of them.

You guys are in here discrediting Pippen, who is a hall of famer, and the Finals MVP of '98. Many people, journalists and members of the media gave it to Pippen. Unfortunately he didn't win it.

How soon you guys forget this.....

Quote Originally Posted by TheLogo
    We have a lot of people who don't know much about basketball and I am not one of them.

You guys are in here discrediting Pippen, who is a hall of famer, and the Finals MVP of '98. Many people, journalists and members of the media gave it to Pippen. Unfortunately he didn't win it.

Stopped reading after that.

Bol'd over

Quote Originally Posted by TheLogo

Nobody is discrediting Pippen, it's just that some of us can take a joke about someone we respect.
    Also, if someone didn't win the Finals MVP of '98 then they are not the Finals MVP of '98, whether you want them to be or not.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado
    All of them combined weren't even close to the way Jordan was massively advertised, MJ had the biggest marketing campaign in North America sports history.

With all the immense money put into all of the companies advertising and the all of corporate America and perhaps the entire world behind him Jordan's marketing machine rivals that of a national presidential campaign--except over 20+ years, not for one year.
    Um, LeBron's exposure is on par with MJ's, relative to his career achievements. Once he finally wins a title, prepare to go well past the saturation point.
    Last edited by jrong; 08-23-2010 at 10:57 AM.