Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Re: LeBron: I want less playing time

Quote Originally Posted by stalkerforlife
    Are those guys in the prime of their career?
    Have those guys just got done playing 4 straight finals?

This notion that someone is in the prime of their career means someone should play unlimited minutes... it's ****ing absurd. A lot of players in the playoffs worn out from too many minutes.. look at Durant last season or the entire Bulls team in 2013.

Plus weren't you and some other posters trying to say that LeBron looks like he's athletically declining? Or does a guy go from physically declining to his prime depending on what the agenda is for the day?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMilkyBarKid
    The Spurs have a minute restriction and it seems to work well form them. However, since it is LeBron suggesting it he is just a little bitch, right guys???
    dmg ctrl

NBA rookie of the year

Why are players saying this stuff out loud?

All Lebron needs to do is talk to the coach and there is a decent chance people dont even notice

Quote Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
    Why are players saying this stuff out loud?

All Lebron needs to do is talk to the coach and there is a decent chance people dont even notice
    LeBron is retarded when it comes to PR. This is just another example.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    LeBron is retarded when it comes to PR. This is just another example.
    I think he's trying to get his coach fired.

I think coming into this season the talk was about him playing less but there have been many games above 40 minutes. This clearly has to go down.

It's a good idea just depends if it's possible to be given so much rest with who comes in.

All those posts got deleted?

Anyway, I agree that bron SHOULD be playing less minutes. I thought I was hearing/reading stuff about him playing less minutes this season... I guess it's up to the coach though. I highly doubt all 3 of them will end up being top 5 in mpg by the end of the season anyway, especially bron.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Great moderating

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

what a crybaby. In his first 848 games, Michael Jordan was averaging 38.57 MPG. During that span he also played 158 playoff games and averaged 41.78 MPG. That's not including 3 years of college ball. That also puts him at the age of 34 years old at the end of the 96-97 playoffs. Jordan played in an era of much more physical defensive basketball... hand checking was allowed, no such thing as defensive 3-seconds, and groups like the Detroit Pistons "Bad Boys" whose sole purpose was to murder people who went to the rim. I can't offer you stats of how many times he was fouled but over those combined 1,006 games, Jordan went to the line an average of 8.88 times a game. Watch the games back then and watch what it means to get hammered every time going to the rim. Add to the fact that Jordan was listed at 6'6" and a mere 195 lbs and it's amazing Jordan even survived... let alone put in over 39 minutes a game (reg + playoffs)

Banned

mods deleting posts again.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by hiphopfan777
    what a crybaby. In his first 848 games, Michael Jordan was averaging 38.57 MPG. During that span he also played 158 playoff games and averaged 41.78 MPG. That's not including 3 years of college ball. That also puts him at the age of 34 years old at the end of the 96-97 playoffs. Jordan played in an era of much more physical defensive basketball... hand checking was allowed, no such thing as defensive 3-seconds, and groups like the Detroit Pistons "Bad Boys" whose sole purpose was to murder people who went to the rim. I can't offer you stats of how many times he was fouled but over those combined 1,006 games, Jordan went to the line an average of 8.88 times a game. Watch the games back then and watch what it means to get hammered every time going to the rim. Add to the fact that Jordan was listed at 6'6" and a mere 195 lbs and it's amazing Jordan even survived... let alone put in over 39 minutes a game (reg + playoffs)
    hi 3ball

Oh, that's cool mods. I guess you're only allowed to troll and spam if you have a Henry Abbott avatar. Then you can shit post all you want.

Good college starter NZStreetBaller's Avatar

Why dnt they just let him sit out all the 4th quarters. It would be best for the team and lebron

Banned

It's a statistical era. Everyone is so focused on stats and MPG.

Back in the days, they just played ball. Nobody has their minutes limited just because a stat sheet says it is too high.