Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789

Default Re: LeBron's legacy in the line

It is well known that all the legends do NOT respect Lebron. Jordan, Kareem, Magic, Bird all have quotes against Lebron.

As for his legacy, it doesn't matter if he goes down with triple double, it's on him. You find a way to win, especially when your team is so stacked. Winning 1/3 with such great teammates and making the decision? That's not going away, no matter where he goes and what he does after.

GSW Fan Since the 90s Cleverness's Avatar

Now that the Spurs have won and Tracy McGrady is 1/1 (100%) in the finals, I think he may pass LeBron 1/4 (25%) on the all-time list.

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    LeBron is only 28 years old. He has another 8 years to win titles and MVPs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    It is well known that all the legends do NOT respect Lebron. Jordan, Kareem, Magic, Bird all have quotes against Lebron.

As for his legacy, it doesn't matter if he goes down with triple double, it's on him. You find a way to win, especially when your team is so stacked. Winning 1/3 with such great teammates and making the decision? That's not going away, no matter where he goes and what he does after.
    Right. This series wouldn't matter as much if we didn't watch Lebron do whatever the hell he did in 2010. At the time...we could give him a pass for that because he might have been injured and he had very poor help to beat those Celtics.

But then 11 happened. What is the excuse there? He was healthy...playing a team with less help...and his two guys played well...with Wade playing great.

So we can't just ignore that stuff. If they lose again....once again it's Lebron not being able to do enough...even though this year is harder, it's just more of the same.

I'm the first guy to talk about team strength...but lets look at the facts when we are comparing Lebron to the 10 best of all time.

Cavs made the finals in 07...lost with Lebron playing like ass.
    Cavs came the closest to beating the Celtics in 08...Lebron played a great game 7, but was awful early on in that series
    Cavs lost to the Magic in ECF...Lebron was great
    Cavs lost to the Celtics...Lebron was below average overall
    Worst superstar choke in the finals in NBA history
    Title
    ????

I mean...some of the guys we are comparing him to simply yield better results than that. If you took the top 10 all time...the minimum for each of them during 07 to present with the kind of help he got is 1 or 2 titles. I mean...Kobe is probably the only guy I could see winning 0 or only 1. All of the rest simply win more in my opinion.

So a loss this year is ****ing huge....

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Right. This series wouldn't matter as much if we didn't watch Lebron do whatever the hell he did in 2010. At the time...we could give him a pass for that because he might have been injured and he had very poor help to beat those Celtics.

But then 11 happened. What is the excuse there? He was healthy...playing a team with less help...and his two guys played well...with Wade playing great.

So we can't just ignore that stuff. If they lose again....once again it's Lebron not being able to do enough...even though this year is harder, it's just more of the same.

I'm the first guy to talk about team strength...but lets look at the facts when we are comparing Lebron to the 10 best of all time.

Cavs made the finals in 07...lost with Lebron playing like ass.
    Cavs came the closest to beating the Celtics in 08...Lebron played a great game 7, but was awful early on in that series
    Cavs lost to the Magic in ECF...Lebron was great
    Cavs lost to the Celtics...Lebron was below average overall
    Worst superstar choke in the finals in NBA history
    Title
    ????

I mean...some of the guys we are comparing him to simply yield better results than that. If you took the top 10 all time...the minimum for each of them during 07 to present with the kind of help he got is 1 or 2 titles. I mean...Kobe is probably the only guy I could see winning 0 or only 1. All of the rest simply win more in my opinion.

So a loss this year is ****ing huge....
    Pretty much my thoughts. As it is, Lebron is at at a level I believe has only been surpassed by MJ, Hakeem and Shaq at their peaks as far as players from the 90's on, but because of what we've seen in the past, he needs more than just last season. Just my opinion and how I rank players.