Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-05-2013, 06:23 AM   #691
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Get to know my views on the game....

Since people gave me hell about my evaluation of Tyreke Evans as a prospect/rookie.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:50 AM   #692
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
So not only is Evans in unique company as a player who peaked as a rookie, but he also appears to be trending in the wrong direction. This isn’t a matter of shots just not falling, but an apparently declining skill set and an eroding basketball IQ.
Completely wrong

1. His skill is not declining and if you actually WATCHED him play you would know hes actually having his best season, since hes defending well and shooting the highest 3point % while coming back from a knee injury and his all round game is far better. His IQ is not eroding its staying the same as it was when he came in.

2. Sacramento have done nothing to build a team that suits his strengths and have gone on to do the opposite.

3. If he were in a better situation he would be putting up better numbers and on top of that to base something completely on numbers is dumb, so what if statistically hes not putting up 20,5,5 how can he when the ball is in Isaiah Thomas hands more than his? Let alone Cousins & Thornton when they are on the floor? The guy is normally shooting great percentages and still gets to the rim as easily as anyone on a team where the floor is easily closed off.

Quote:
He’s decided to try and get himself going more this year, posting a career-low assist rate of 17%. He has also used his penetrating ability to create for others less, assisting on only half as many threes as usual.
The Kings have for 99% of this season up until the last 5 games games been the 2nd worse perimeter shooting team in the NBA hence why his assists are down and the ball is not in his hands as often meaning he gets less chances to create since hes not playing the Point like he did in his rookie season. There is no offensive system due to a pathetic coach which means no one moves on offense and often him and Cousins stand on the outer while no one cuts looking like idiots.

He is averaging a career low 31mins (compared to 37 in his rookie season) a game due to poor coaching rotations and while hes on the floor consistantly guards the oppositions best outside player (which requires a lot of energy). Will he reach his hype by his inflated rookie stats? I don't think so, has he declined no...hes had injury problems and is stuck in a atm terrible position and gets mis-used badly and has shown a far more complete game this season.

Last edited by andremiller07 : 03-05-2013 at 08:12 AM.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:07 PM   #693
Purch
"Yung D-Will"

Purch has decent reputationPurch has decent reputation

All time, in what order do you rank Barkley, Dirk, Malone And Garnett? And what are your reasons for each ranking
Purch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:46 AM   #694
Da KO King

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purch
All time, in what order do you rank Barkley, Dirk, Malone And Garnett? And what are your reasons for each ranking

I'm a skill and ability guy and feel like career achievements are a matter of circumstance (NBA championships) and popularity (All NBA honors). So with that said....

Tim Duncan
Charles Barkley
Kevin Garnett
Dirk Nowitzki
Karl Malone

Duncan is arguably the greatest combination of low and high post skills/effectivenss the league has ever seen.

Barkley and Garnett is a tough one for me. Barkley for all the things he could do gave an extremely inconsistent effort on the defensive end. Not just game to game but play to play. That is simply not something even the biggest KG detractor could say about Garnett. In the end I go with Barkley because I have accepted my coaching/scouting personality is offense first. Barkley always stuck with what worked for him and played the game as efficiently as he could; KG has some of the best post footwork we'll ever see and has not come close to using it to it's maximum.

Dirk is the best shooting PF ever. Even if you consider Larry Bird a PF, Nowitzki has a STRONG argument for being the best shooter ever at the position.

I was never a Karl Malone fan. I felt like he benefited heavily from the talent around him and opposing coaches of the time period preferring physical defense over smart defense. That's not to say Malone was a total scrub or anything. Just that playing with smart teammates who all made accurate entry passes and stayed active off the ball made his job easier.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:37 AM   #695
Purch
"Yung D-Will"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
I'm a skill and ability guy and feel like career achievements are a matter of circumstance (NBA championships) and popularity (All NBA honors). So with that said....

Tim Duncan
Charles Barkley
Kevin Garnett
Dirk Nowitzki
Karl Malone

Duncan is arguably the greatest combination of low and high post skills/effectivenss the league has ever seen.

Barkley and Garnett is a tough one for me. Barkley for all the things he could do gave an extremely inconsistent effort on the defensive end. Not just game to game but play to play. That is simply not something even the biggest KG detractor could say about Garnett. In the end I go with Barkley because I have accepted my coaching/scouting personality is offense first. Barkley always stuck with what worked for him and played the game as efficiently as he could; KG has some of the best post footwork we'll ever see and has not come close to using it to it's maximum.

Dirk is the best shooting PF ever. Even if you consider Larry Bird a PF, Nowitzki has a STRONG argument for being the best shooter ever at the position.

I was never a Karl Malone fan. I felt like he benefited heavily from the talent around him and opposing coaches of the time period preferring physical defense over smart defense. That's not to say Malone was a total scrub or anything. Just that playing with smart teammates who all made accurate entry passes and stayed active off the ball made his job easier.

Also, how would you rank them as playoff performers, regardless of how far they got?
Old 01-06-2014, 12:06 PM   #696
Purch
"Yung D-Will"

Also the exact same to questions for Stockton, Nash, Kidd and Payton
Old 01-09-2014, 09:28 PM   #697
Da KO King

Quote:
Also, how would you rank them (Tim Duncan, Charles Barkley, Kevin Garnett, Dirk Nowitzki, Karl Malone) as playoff performers, regardless of how far they got?

Tough because all these guys have had some huge playoff performances. That said:

Charles Barkley
Dirk Nowitzki
Tim Duncan
Karl Malone
Kevin Garnett

Quote:
Also the exact same to questions for Stockton, Nash, Kidd and Payton
Steve Nash
Jason Kidd
John Stockton
Gary Payton