Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron copping to much.

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    95% this. His loyalists, including OP, makes it way too easy to troll him.

However, dude did just call himself the GOAT on his own T.V show and recently tried to trade the ENTIRE roster for another Injury prone loser.

In the beginning, I was like you. But this season ha shined an entirely different light...
    Huh. I made a thread asking why Is LeBron better then Duncan but I'm a loyalist.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Of course, all this "Is Lebron teh Greatest EVERRR?!?!" shit is nonsense, and he did himself no favors entertaining that idea, but I never hated the dude.
    That's the reason people are dancing on his grave at the moment. He had to be humbled.

Hopefully he'll learn from that misstep the way he learned from the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Poetry
    That's the reason people are dancing on his grave at the moment. He had to be humbled.

Hopefully he'll learn from that misstep the way he learned from the decision.
    I get this and I agree but now the grave dancing is a bit to much.

Quote Originally Posted by nayte
    I get this and I agree but now the grave dancing is a bit to much.
    What

That's the single most odd thing about this entire season and so called "dancing on his grave". Lebron is held to standards no other player has ever been held to, not even Mj. No other player is supposedly judged by their worst moment, it's always been their best achievements as long as the good outweighs the bad. Obviously that's the case with James. We omitted bad stuff from every others greats resume like it didn't ever happen. Mj didn't lose to the Magic, 1-9 doesn't matter, Wizards seasons "don't count" all in the name of convenience etc etc. Lebron will be fine, there's always been this hate storm before the next big mark of his career, I'll be watching with my popcorn.

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    That's the single most odd thing about this entire season and so called "dancing on his grave". Lebron is held to standards no other player has ever been held to, not even Mj. No other player is supposedly judged by their worst moment, it's always been their best achievements as long as the good outweighs the bad. Obviously that's the case with James. We omitted bad stuff from every others greats resume like it didn't ever happen. Mj didn't lose to the Magic, 1-9 doesn't matter, Wizards seasons "don't count" all in the name of convenience etc etc. Lebron will be fine, there's always been this hate storm before the next big mark of his career, I'll be watching with my popcorn.
    Who said rusty baseball Jordan didn’t lose to the Magic?

1-9 doesn’t matter because it’s a) semantics and b) false narrative

Wizards Jordan was so far removed from his prime it wouldn’t matter.

Nuance and context is important with all of this debate or discussion.

LeBron has the audacity to self promote and call himself the greatest ever, something Mike, Russell, Kareem, Magic, Bird or Kobe ever did.

So once again he brings the light on himself, because he feels inadequate or insecure. That’s why he pats himself on the back and posts his own stats and congratulations to himself on his own social media.

He’s only 34 years old. He’s at the tail end of his prime. 8 straight finals in the Leastern conference and all its over hyping, a year removed from going to the Finals and he’s on a Laker team that might finish with a worse record than it had the season before his arrival.

When teammates are having to physically push you to play defense, and you’ve alienated yourself by leveraging your sports agency into trying to get damn near all your teammates traded, while constantly throwing all of them under the bus and always deflecting any sense of responsibility.

Then yea he deserves to have his face rubbed in the mud.

NBA sixth man of the year Indian guy's Avatar

Gotta get 'em when they're down. LeBron's been on top for so long and when you're as big as he is, there are countless people who are going to resent you for your success. That's just human nature. And then there are 2 humongous fanbases out there, the biggest ever in NBA history in fact, that have forever despised him because he's such a threat to their GODs. Of course, LeBron already surpasses one of them, so that fanbase only exists to see him fail, which lessens their pain of what LeBron did to their boy. The other fanbase is filled with such insecure losers that they simply can't stand anyone doing well.

This season is a gift from heaven for those guys. LeBron's got nobody to blame but himself though. At his age, nothing's a certainty and he basically made an off-court move by joining LA. You combine his decline with a lottery-bound roster in a tough conference....and this is the mess you get.

People who stan LeBron are objectively losers. They reward failure. Their go to hype mechanations is excuse making. It

Because the whole planet's going to hell in a handbasket and all Lebron has done about it is play ****ing basketball. Look, I've been a huge worshiper of the guy and in the past have only mildly mentioned my disappointment in him continuing to play ball[1] but at this point it's getting ridiculous. DO SOMETHING LEBRON!

He's getting bashed for doing this

With a bunch of 22-year old, 30-win rejects because Kobe ruined the organization.

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Because the whole planet's going to hell in a handbasket and all Lebron has done about it is play ****ing basketball. Look, I've been a huge worshiper of the guy and in the past have only mildly mentioned my disappointment in him continuing to play ball[1] but at this point it's getting ridiculous. DO SOMETHING LEBRON!
    Amen

Thankfully Space Jam 2 is only a matter of time. He will save the planet sooner than later!

This season is on him. He could have gone to Philly, or Houston where he puts those teams over the top and not have to extend himself to 27/9/8 averages on a young up and coming team that he then tries to get traded off and fracture the locker room. He's been a horrible leader this year and he's been rightly called on it even by some of his biggest media backers like Nick Wright and Colin Cowherd( you know shit is real when those guys criticize him).

Magic/Pelinka deserve their share of the blame for constructing a roster ill-suited to his drive and kick strengths, but Bron signed off on people like Rondo, Mcgee, and Lance know what's needed to win in this league. Not sure why he thought he was gonna buck the 3point trend at 34 years old and clearly declining physical ability( he's lost ALOT since last year when he actually managed some of the best athletic stuff since like 2016). We all know that joining the Lakers was more than a basketball decision. All of his prior passive aggressive behaviour is no longer being excused because his team isn't sitting at or near the top of the conference like the last 4 years.

[QUOTE=SamuraiSWISH]Who said rusty baseball Jordan didn

Quote Originally Posted by Indian guy
    Gotta get 'em when they're down. LeBron's been on top for so long and when you're as big as he is, there are countless people who are going to resent you for your success. That's just human nature. And then there are 2 humongous fanbases out there, the biggest ever in NBA history in fact, that have forever despised him because he's such a threat to their GODs. Of course, LeBron already surpasses one of them, so that fanbase only exists to see him fail, which lessens their pain of what LeBron did to their boy. The other fanbase is filled with such insecure losers that they simply can't stand anyone doing well.

This season is a gift from heaven for those guys. LeBron's got nobody to blame but himself though. At his age, nothing's a certainty and he basically made an off-court move by joining LA. You combine his decline with a lottery-bound roster in a tough conference....and this is the mess you get.
    This. This. This.

Very good NBA starter

I think what bothers a lot of people is he doesn't care. Frazier really went at him about simply not caring.

It's not about decline. He's shown he's still a top 7 player in the league (when ON) but it's more about effort. Not the best player but when engaged, only KD, Harden, PG, Curry, and Kawhi are better.

On the flip, his expectations have been crazy high compared to other all time greats. If you keep telling a player, all that matters for him is the playoffs and rings, why would they bust their butt to barely make the playoffs and lose first round?

Bron is excited about not making the playoffs this season and you can tell. He talked about getting 2-3 months to rest his body. I think you see him come back really strong next season and then 2020, you see significant decline unless he transitions. His next role should be to pick a role and do it the best. He's got to either be a PG, scoring SF, or a small ball 4 with 3 point shot.
    Last edited by PP34Deuce; 03-18-2019 at 10:28 AM.