Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    NBA Legend

Default Re: If you don't believe in Climate Change..

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    You don't need to know that in order to claim humans have a HUGE impact on greenhouse gas amplification and climate change. Fact: we have not had natural CO2 levels anywhere as high as it is now over the last 7 ice ages, and it is correlated directly to industrial revolution - there is zero question about that.

Yes, that is what we agreed on from the beginning. Logically, it is circumstantially reasonable to expect greenhouse gasses having some impact on the atmosphere at a certain thresh hold.

You do not know precisely what the threshold is, nor do scientists. There is nothing empirically proven about HOW we have affected the environment. You are speculating on the specifics, based on the general concept of CO2 creating a greenhouse effect.

You and I can speculate on OJ killing his wife. "We know innocent people aren't gonna flee the scene in a high speed chase with a gun to their head. We know he was an angry man with a violent temper. We know all these other things that point to a reasonable conclusion." We don't have empirical evidence of OJ killing his wife. Even though you and I both know it.

We don't have empirical evidence that Earth's current climate trajectory has more to do with humans than natural factors. We can speculate all we want. It has not been proven empirically.

I don't think it can be explained any clearer than that. You're going to believe what you want. I'm not gonna go back and forth on it anymore. If you wanna post your chart again and think you've triumphed in the discussion because I've stopped responding... go for it. Nothin more I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Yes, that is what we agreed on from the beginning. Logically, it is circumstantially reasonable to expect greenhouse gasses having some impact on the atmosphere at a certain thresh hold.

You do not know precisely what the threshold is, nor do scientists. There is nothing empirically proven about HOW we have affected the environment. You are speculating on the specifics, based on the general concept of CO2 creating a greenhouse effect.

You and I can speculate on OJ killing his wife. "We know innocent people aren't gonna flee the scene in a high speed chase with a gun to their head. We know he was an angry man with a violent temper. We know all these other things that point to a reasonable conclusion." We don't have empirical evidence of OJ killing his wife. Even though you and I both know it.

We don't have empirical evidence that Earth's current climate trajectory has more to do with humans than natural factors. We can speculate all we want. It has not been proven empirically.

I don't think it can be explained any clearer than that. You're going to believe what you want. I'm not gonna go back and forth on it anymore. If you wanna post your chart again and think you've triumphed in the discussion because I've stopped responding... go for it. Nothin more I can do.
    Don't worry, we'll listen to you and not the mountains of scientists with their degrees, knowledge, data, and research which tell us otherwise

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by eliteballer
    Don't worry, we'll listen to you and not the mountains of scientists with their degrees, knowledge, data, and research which tell us otherwise

Ok. And then what are you gonna do?

Hold a bunch of world summits where you pat yourselves on the back for agreeing with each other about global warming?

Demand we strip certain people of their jobs in the name of global warming, while the most ardent proponents take no responsibility?

What do you actually care about global warming other than as leverage for being pretentious?

Tell us what your plan is.

Anyone that isn't worried about climate change:

- don't have kids, yet

Once you start having kids, your kids having kids, your perspective changes.