Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 01-09-2008, 04:14 PM   #31
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

Default Re: Have any of the 50 Greatest NBA players ever shot lower than 44% during their pri

Quote:
Originally Posted by dejordan
bill russell was i think (i think he shot like 42% or something, which is hard to believe).

i've asked this before, but does anyone know if the rules were interpretted differently back then? i find it astonishing that these guys would score so many points and still miss so many shots. i keep thinking maybe they credited guys with fgas even if they were fouled in the act, but nobody has been able to confirm here, and everybody i know who watched ball back then doesn't remember.
The rules weren't different teams just used to shoot more shots, it was a faster paced game. Back then, most teams used to average about 110 a game, (I think the Celts one season averaged 126 and that was without the 3 point line!)
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:15 PM   #32
Sharas
Good college starter

Default Re: Have any of the 50 Greatest NBA players ever shot lower than 44% during their pri

"Crazed LeBron-promoting troll. Please twist my ridiculous statements into good conversation"

does administrator put your tags, or you do it yourself?
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:44 PM   #33
I'm Sorry, Guys!
Crazed yet creative LeBron-promoting troll. Please twist my ridiculous statements into good conversation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
"Crazed LeBron-promoting troll. Please twist my ridiculous statements into good conversation"

does administrator put your tags, or you do it yourself?
I'm Sorry, Guys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:01 PM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricForman
you know, not to feed this troll's post... but i wanna ask

why is kobe shooting lower % this year when he's forcing less shots and playing within the team?

I have him on fantasy and it's pissing me off. I can't even trade Kobe for Caron straight up in fantasy NBA

Lebron turnovers and FT% is killing me.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:04 PM   #35
Optimus Prime
Ringsssss

Optimus Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:14 PM   #36
CySniper
Banned

isnt wilt there? he always did crazy stuff
CySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: