Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Where do you find the time?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    Is that the excuse you use for not being motivated? I own my own home, work 40 hours a week, and still find the time to do what I'm doing. Not my fault I'm able to accomplish more with less time compared to those who do live at home with no other responsibility. I've been doing what I've been doing for the last 2 years and feel great. It's called time management. Maybe that's why my post count is so low?

I don't lift the full hour. I just thankful that I can play and haven't been injured recently so why not put 100% into it while I can? What am I missing? A TV show on FX or HBO?
    More time in the gym doesn't actually mean better results though, that's generally a misnomer by beginners. If your work out is that long, chances are you are taking too much time in between sets. Shorten the time and/or lift heavier.

The body doesn't care how long you spend in the gym, it's just responding to how much strain you put on the muscle.

I'm just saying if you're feeling tired, looking at your schedule, there's a lot of ways to minimize some of that I think. If you're not tired and you generally enjoy that, then that's thats fine.

It'd probably recommend giving your social life more time too ... basketball is great and all, but especially if you're not playing in any type of college program or high end league ... make sure you're building your social life too. You will thank me for telling you that as you get on later into your 20s/30s.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 07-21-2014 at 09:21 PM.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Ive been able to post from work if I decided to for well over 10 years. I get to work at 5am and might not see 3 people before 7 or 8. I dont struggle to find time.

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmode88
    not trying to knock you but that lifestyle seems boring as **** if all you do 7 days a week if work 9-5 and workout.
    LOL seriously, dude sounds like a psychopath

Does he think anybody is impressed by his marine corps-basketball training lifestyle? I'm sure he's just trolling but if that's really his schedule then the guy has some pretty serious issues. Get a life buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    More time in the gym doesn't actually mean better results though, that's generally a misnomer by beginners. If your work out is that long, chances are you are taking too much time in between sets. Shorten the time and/or lift heavier.

The body doesn't care how long you spend in the gym, it's just responding to how much strain you put on the muscle.

I'm just saying if you're feeling tired, looking at your schedule, there's a lot of ways to minimize some of that I think. If you're not tired and you generally enjoy that, then that's thats fine.

It'd probably recommend giving your social life more time too ... basketball is great and all, but especially if you're not playing in any type of college program or high end league ... make sure you're building your social life too. You will thank me for telling you that as you get on later into your 20s/30s.
    it all depends on his fitness goals. no point getting "big" if all you're going for speed / athleticism for basketball. lose a lot of size just from playing ball itself from the massive mounts of cardio.

NBA rookie of the year

it all depends on his fitness goals. no point getting "big" if all you're going for speed / athleticism for basketball. lose a lot of size just from playing ball itself from the massive mounts of cardio.
    Even there though I think a full solid hour of lifting is more than enough. If they dude is complaining about not having time to do other things or being tired ... well I mean you don't really *have* to be in the gym for more than an hour to reach any type of fitness goal unless you actually are training like a bodybuilder.

Especially if you already get your cardio from daily basketball sessions.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

I like watching basketball better than playing. Basketball talent doesn't = understanding of the game. Jordan proves this, as does millions of other people who are blessed with insane athletically ability that doesn't match there production/where they ended up.

I played alot when I was younger. Still play occasionally. Guess I got older and at 23 it's not like I'm going to play overseas, college, NBA etc. Get more enjoyment out of watching the NBA than I would playing basketball at the park for 6 hours straight. I'd actually probably die with that routine

I personally don't see the point of living that kinda routine unless your going somewhere with your basketball. Maybe if you have weight issues/fitness freak/whatever other things that would include that kinda dedication. Just for the enjoyment of the game? I dunno, that kinda routine seems like it'd ruin it.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    LOL seriously, dude sounds like a psychopath

Does he think anybody is impressed by his marine corps-basketball training lifestyle? I'm sure he's just trolling but if that's really his schedule then the guy has some pretty serious issues. Get a life buddy.
    Let me guess, you're the guy that thinks that if you are in the NBA, you should just do what you need to do since you are already getting paid millions, instead of putting it even MORE work to be better than the best on the biggest stage?

I mean shit, if an NBA player can have that kind of a work ethic when they already have everything in life, isn't it sad that those perfectly capable of putting in work would rather sit in their mom's basement and talk about how a dedicated work out program is psychopathic and whoever does something similar has issues. You need a life coach buddy!

And for the record, marine corps training shits all over what I'm doing, and would be much more rigorous. My program is a cake walk compared to college athlete training and marine training, and also inferior to the physical training actors do before a major role in which they need to change the way they look. Those guys have someone on their ass 24/7.

Aim high son, you'll go farther.

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Even there though I think a full solid hour of lifting is more than enough. If they dude is complaining about not having time to do other things or being tired ... well I mean you don't really *have* to be in the gym for more than an hour to reach any type of fitness goal unless you actually are training like a bodybuilder.

Especially if you already get your cardio from daily basketball sessions.
    training to be a better baller and a body builder..? the fcuk. lose all your gainz from am cardio and noon bball. you literally have to eat like 4000 calories a day to actually get gains.

training to be a better baller and a body builder..? the fcuk. lose all your gainz from am cardio and noon bball. you literally have to eat like 4000 calories a day to actually get gains.
    I know swimmers that eat 5000 calories a day just to maintain their weight.

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I like watching basketball better than playing. Basketball talent doesn't = understanding of the game. Jordan proves this, as does millions of other people who are blessed with insane athletically ability that doesn't match there production/where they ended up.

I played alot when I was younger. Still play occasionally. Guess I got older and at 23 it's not like I'm going to play overseas, college, NBA etc. Get more enjoyment out of watching the NBA than I would playing basketball at the park for 6 hours straight. I'd actually probably die with that routine

I personally don't see the point of living that kinda routine unless your going somewhere with your basketball. Maybe if you have weight issues/fitness freak/whatever other things that would include that kinda dedication. Just for the enjoyment of the game? I dunno, that kinda routine seems like it'd ruin it.
    23, holy shit you aren't even in your prime.

I started light, and then I just kept adding to my routine. Shit didn't happen overnight lol. When I notice a performance decrease, then I'll stop.

Let me guess, you're the guy that thinks that if you are in the NBA, you should just do what you need to do since you are already getting paid millions, instead of putting it even MORE work to be better than the best on the biggest stage?

I mean shit, if an NBA player can have that kind of a work ethic when they already have everything in life, isn't it sad that those perfectly capable of putting in work would rather sit in their mom's basement and talk about how a dedicated work out program is psychopathic and whoever does something similar has issues. You need a life coach buddy!

And for the record, marine corps training shits all over what I'm doing, and would be much more rigorous. My program is a cake walk compared to college athlete training and marine training, and also inferior to the physical training actors do before a major role in which they need to change the way they look. Those guys have someone on their ass 24/7.

Aim high son, you'll go farther.
    well it's a given fact that actual basketball players / marines have more advance programs seeing how they're paid to be in shape.

well it's a given fact that actual basketball players / marines have more advance programs seeing how they're paid to be in shape.
    Exactly, and I'm not getting paid for it so my program isn't as advanced. There's just something about making a ton of shots in pick up ball and all the respect that comes from younger guys for it that makes it worth it for me, and I'd rather do that and feel healthy than spend my time on basketball forums. Wtf is that doing for my health and well being?

Exactly, and I'm not getting paid for it so my program isn't as advanced. There's just something about making a ton of shots in pick up ball and all the respect that comes from younger guys for it that makes it worth it for me, and I'd rather do that and feel healthy than spend my time on basketball forums. Wtf is that doing for my health and well being?
    But what's the point? You make it seem like you have no social life outside work and workout. If you enjoy that lifestyle than sure but that's just boring as **** from most people's pov.

lol @ wasting so much time meal prepping and eating meals when you could be drinking soylent. I guarantee you my blood work is better than yours plus i'm not wasting time eating food like some dumb archaic hominid. more time to fap and post on IH, nomsayin.

Between lifting, doing cardio, prepping my meals, eating my meals, ensuring that I get 8 hours of sleep, practicing, and playing, I'm hard pressed to know how some of these members on ISH have the time to do all that. My schedule Mon-Friday looks like this:

6:00am - Wake up
    6:15am - Meal #1
    6:45am - at the Gym for morning shooting drills and cardio
    8:00am - get home, take a shower, meal #2
    9:00am - Start work
    10:00am - Meal #3
    noon - Afternoon bball open gym
    1:15pm - back at work, eat meal #4 at desk
    4:15pm - Meal #5
    6:15pm - Weight training starts
    7:45pm - get home, shower, eat meal #6, prep meals for tomorrow
    10:00pm - bed

So tell me, how the hell do I get 10,000+ posts and still be a baller in real life?
    I mean, who the hell is going to respect an opinion from someone about basketball if they aren't actually practicing what they preach?
    So what's your end game?

You're not playing college ball, you're not playing overseas and you're not in high school.

What is the goal of playing twice a day, M-F, working out everyday of the week and eating 6 meals a day (and prepping meals everyday instead of prepping days worth of meals in one day)?

Banned

When I see 10,000 + posts I just ask myself "wow....how much better of a basketball player could that person be if they spent that time actually playing instead of talking about others that play"

Yeah because everyone who likes watching basketball obviously loves playing it everyday too