Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Local High School Star

Default Re: This site needs more Jordan stories.

After one of the Bulls' practices in 1997, Scott Burrell, Jordan's teammate, challenged Jordan to a game of one on one. They played and Burrell had a good chance to beat Jordan with the score tied at six a piece (going up to seven). Burrell had the ball, but Ron Harper who was watching the game on the sidelines called Burrell for traveling. Jordan got the ball back and without hesitation drove past Burrell and dunked the ball making it a 7-6 victory. Michael got the last shot to win, but Burrell was right up in MJ's face trash talking. MJ didn't say a word and just walked off the court. A few days later Burrell convinced MJ to play again, but Jordan won easily this time. Again, Jordan just walked off the court without saying a word. But Burrell couldn't keep his mouth shut. Burrell said to MJ, "C'mon, let's go back out there and finish this!" Jordan replied, "You just want to play so you can go tell your kids when they grow up that you beat Michael Jordan once. What am I gonna tell my kids? I beat Scott Burrell? Big deal. They'll slap the hell out of me."

Local High School Star

everyone knows gary payton was one of the biggest trash talkers ever. one night, he was going up against jordan. Payton was telling Jordan, "you ain't special, Mike - I got my ferraris and mercedes, too." And Jordan replied, "yeah, but you have to pay for yours."

Banned

[QUOTE=Im so nba'd out]
    You know it

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

"You (expletive) flaming (expletive)," Jordan exploded. "You don't get a foul call on a (expletive) little touch foul, you (expletive). You don't bring that (expletive) here. Get your (expletive) ass back on the floor and play. I don't want to hear that (expletive) out of you again. Get your ass back and play, you (expletive)."

Burrell said to MJ, "C'mon, let's go back out there and finish this!" Jordan replied, "You just want to play so you can go tell your kids when they grow up that you beat Michael Jordan once. What am I gonna tell my kids? I beat Scott Burrell? Big deal. They'll slap the hell out of me."

GOAT gonna GOAT.

Banned

I love all these little peniis syndrome stories.

Gentleman Desperado East_Stone_Ya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by f0und
    everyone knows gary payton was one of the biggest trash talkers ever. one night, he was going up against jordan. Payton was telling Jordan, "you ain't special, Mike - I got my ferraris and mercedes, too." And Jordan replied, "yeah, but you have to pay for yours."

7-time NBA All-Star

Here's a pretty good one with corroboration from all parties:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbSIJO-EI90

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

My favorite MJ story comes from early in his career, during the Bull first championship run. Prior to that season, MJ was generally viewed as a tremendously talented player who was too selfish to ever have much post-season success.

SMITH: The clincher, Game 5 [in Los Angeles], was sort of the bookend to Phil’s season. [The Bulls] are up [three games to one], but the Lakers are in it. The Forum’s going nuts, and [there’s] a time-out with six minutes to go. [The Lakers are] trapping Michael all over the court, and he’s in a fury trying to win this game by himself. And, like Detroit used to take advantage of him when he was like this, now the Lakers were doing it.

REINSDORF: The score, I believe, was 93–93, give or take a point. Phil calls a time-out, and he looks at Michael and he says, “Michael, who’s open?” Michael gives him a blank stare. He puts his hands on Michael’s shoulders and he says, “Michael, who’s open?” Michael says, “Paxson.” Phil says, “Get him the ****ing ball.” Paxson scores 10 points after that, and we win going away.

Quote Originally Posted by baudkarma View Post
    My favorite MJ story comes from early in his career, during the Bull first championship run. Prior to that season, MJ was generally viewed as a tremendously talented player who was too selfish to ever have much post-season success.

SMITH: The clincher, Game 5 [in Los Angeles], was sort of the bookend to Phil’s season. [The Bulls] are up [three games to one], but the Lakers are in it. The Forum’s going nuts, and [there’s] a time-out with six minutes to go. [The Lakers are] trapping Michael all over the court, and he’s in a fury trying to win this game by himself. And, like Detroit used to take advantage of him when he was like this, now the Lakers were doing it.

REINSDORF: The score, I believe, was 93–93, give or take a point. Phil calls a time-out, and he looks at Michael and he says, “Michael, who’s open?” Michael gives him a blank stare. He puts his hands on Michael’s shoulders and he says, “Michael, who’s open?” Michael says, “Paxson.” Phil says, “Get him the ****ing ball.” Paxson scores 10 points after that, and we win going away.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by f0und View Post
    After one of the Bulls' practices in 1997, Scott Burrell, Jordan's teammate, challenged Jordan to a game of one on one. They played and Burrell had a good chance to beat Jordan with the score tied at six a piece (going up to seven). Burrell had the ball, but Ron Harper who was watching the game on the sidelines called Burrell for traveling. Jordan got the ball back and without hesitation drove past Burrell and dunked the ball making it a 7-6 victory. Michael got the last shot to win, but Burrell was right up in MJ's face trash talking. MJ didn't say a word and just walked off the court. A few days later Burrell convinced MJ to play again, but Jordan won easily this time. Again, Jordan just walked off the court without saying a word. But Burrell couldn't keep his mouth shut. Burrell said to MJ, "C'mon, let's go back out there and finish this!" Jordan replied, "You just want to play so you can go tell your kids when they grow up that you beat Michael Jordan once. What am I gonna tell my kids? I beat Scott Burrell? Big deal. They'll slap the hell out of me."

Very good NBA starter Round Mound's Avatar

Charles and Michael played alot of golf but not during the 1993 finals.

Michael Jordan is extremely afraid of having his legacy left in tatters.

During the 2016 finals he gave the green light to a ten hour long "documentary" about himself saving the Chicago Bulls. He slandered multiple team mates in the ten hour documentary while trying to regain his somewhat forgotten acclaim. (His former team mates did not like this). As the GOAT was on his way to winning his next chip MJ green lighted Michael Jordan To The Max to be screened in theaters during a global pandemic. (Hmm...) When Space Jam 2 (starring LeBron James) was released Michael Jordan suddenly gave a rare interview to Australian media that was supposed to be about Luc Longley and their times together at Chicago but was mostly about himself because he is a very selfish person. He appears calm in public but is well known to be an alcoholic sociopath behind the scenes.

It's quite obvious.

Good college starter ELITEpower23's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post

During the 2016 finals he gave the green light to a ten hour long "documentary" about himself saving the Chicago Bulls. He slandered multiple team mates in the ten hour documentary while trying to regain his somewhat forgotten acclaim. (His former team mates did not like this). As the GOAT was on his way to winning his next chip MJ green lighted Michael Jordan To The Max to be screened in theaters during a global pandemic. (Hmm...) When Space Jam 2 (starring LeBron James) was released Michael Jordan suddenly gave a rare interview to Australian media that was supposed to be about Luc Longley and their times together at Chicago but was mostly about himself because he is a very selfish person. He appears calm in public but is well known to be an alcoholic sociopath behind the scenes.

It's quite obvious.
    +1

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SATAN View Post
    Tatters? How do you see that happening? Which active player is going to claim the GOAT title and leave MJ in the dust?

Is MJ watchful over his legacy? Sure. He's a self-centered narcissist. In his mind the universe revolves around Michael Jordan. He'll take steps to head off any potential challengers to his throne. Whether it's a documentary or a HOF speech where the he's only concerned about himself, or an interview (2017) where he says that he ranks Kobe above LeBron. Well, we all know that MJ is better than Kobe, so if MJ says Kobe is better than LeBron... MJ must be much better than LeBron! It's simple logic!

MJ is not "extremely afraid". There are no contenders on the horizon to his title as GOAT. He is watchful, and if he sees a chance to kick a rival in the teeth, he'll do it.