Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

Default Re: Why are people overhyping the Bulls? They need to rebuild

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    "They lack scoring and shooters" is just a tired cliche everyone spews about the Bulls because of past seasons. It couldn't be further from the trust this time, they've added a ton of offensive weapons to the roster. The Bulls have arguably the most balanced roster offensively and defensively next to San Antonio.

Rose, Gasol, Noah, Mirotic, Butler, Taj, McBuckets, Dunleavy Snell, Brooks is quite a bit offense. Especially with their bench..Brooks/Snell/McBuckets/Mirotic/Taj is an elite offensive bench with shooters at 4 positions. The only way they'd have trouble scoring is if Rose went down again..as even then they have a hell of a lot more offense than the team that just won 48 games this past season.

2nd round exit

Barring injuries, they're contenders.
    This.

They just upgraded from Boozer to Gasol, added one of the best international prospects, a lights out collegiate scorer, and will, all but be, adding Derrick Rose back into the fray, and they need to rebuild?

For the people calling the Bulls regular season wonders, when they last had Rose in the playoffs they reached the ECF only to lose to the Heatles.

NBA All-star

they are going to be as good as Thib goes.

and getting him a player that expands his playbook and imagination will be critical for the Bull's long term success

Giving Rose one more shot.

3rd time and they are done

Quote Originally Posted by imnew09
    are people hyping the Bulls or is the East really that bad? This Bulls team is not going anywhere because they lack scoring and good shooters.

It would be way better if they rebuild from the bottom. As of now, farthest they could go is 2nd round exit in the playoff.
    Buddy, they were trying to tank last year when they lost Rose again and traded Deng. They ended up with the 4th seed.

Now with a more balanced East, they didn't make any moves to suggest a rebuild is on the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Buddy, they were trying to tank last year when they lost Rose again and traded Deng. They ended up with the 4th seed.

Now with a more balanced East, they didn't make any moves to suggest a rebuild is on the way.
    Exactly,

Healthy Bulls could get the top seed.

Hell, any of the top 4 or so that manage to stay completely healthy can get the 1 seed next year.

Da Mavs

are people hyping the Bulls or is the East really that bad? This Bulls team is not going anywhere because they lack scoring and good shooters.

It would be way better if they rebuild from the bottom. As of now, farthest they could go is 2nd round exit in the playoff.
    The 4th seed in the East should rebuild? Hello, the East is wide open next year. Bulls add a ton of scoring: Gasol, Mirotic, McDermott, Brooks, and hopefully Rose. One of the top 3 coaches in the league. Best front court rotation in the league. GTFO.

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    The 4th seed in the East should rebuild? Hello, the East is wide open next year. Bulls add a ton of scoring: Gasol, Mirotic, McDermott, Brooks, and hopefully Rose. One of the top 3 coaches in the league. Best front court rotation in the league. GTFO.
    4th seed but first round exit, HELLO?! Best front court with a scoreless Noah and washed up Gasol? Stop kidding me man Only live they have left is on D Rose, but is he coming back as the same player before his injury?

Consensus Top 20-30 AT Roundball_Rock's Avatar

4th seed but first round exit, HELLO?! Best front court with a scoreless Noah and washed up Gasol? Stop kidding me man Only live they have left is on D Rose, but is he coming back as the same player before his injury?
    They were in the second round the previous year with the same squad. Gasol put up 17/10 last year. He is an upgrade over Boozer. That is all we need from him. We don't need him to be prime Gasol. Noah-Gasol is the best passing big man duo in the game. Mirotic and McBuckets will add needed bench scoring, Brooks is a solid backup PG and Rose will be back. Even if Rose is 80% of himself that would be enough to have the Bulls battling at the top of the East.

Last year Chicago had the #2 defense--but the #30 offense. Adding these above players should give the Bulls a solid offense. A team with the #2 defense and, say, the #15-17 offense should be a 55+ win team.

NBA sixth man of the year

The Bulls are as over-hyped as NY is.

MJ retired from the Bulls almost 18 years ago. It's time to stop hyping them up.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Because evidently some people still think Rose can run and jump without breaking his vag.

LOL OP.

The Bulls are one of the favorites to win the championship.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    "They lack scoring and shooters" is just a tired cliche everyone spews about the Bulls because of past seasons. It couldn't be further from the trust this time, they've added a ton of offensive weapons to the roster. The Bulls have arguably the most balanced roster offensively and defensively next to San Antonio.

Rose, Gasol, Noah, Mirotic, Butler, Taj, McBuckets, Dunleavy Snell, Brooks is quite a bit offense. Especially with their bench..Brooks/Snell/McBuckets/Mirotic/Taj is an elite offensive bench with shooters at 4 positions. The only way they'd have trouble scoring is if Rose went down again..as even then they have a hell of a lot more offense than the team that just won 48 games this past season.

2nd round exit

Barring injuries, they're contenders.

Milbuck knows what's up

I regard you as an honorary Bulls fan, since you know more about our team than some of our own fans

Bulls are taking the East.

CT: Noah/ Gasol
    PF: Gibson/ Mirotic/ Bairstow
    SF: Dunleavy/ McDermott
    SG: Butler/ Snell
    PG: Rose/ Hinrich/ Brooks

Not sure of the line-up, but I think they settle on this. That bench is dominant

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Milbuck knows what's up

I regard you as an honorary Bulls fan, since you know more about our team than some of our own fans

Born and raised in Hinsdale (suburb of Chicago) till I was 12 when I moved to Milwaukee..hate to be that bitch that roots for two teams, but I'm always hoping the Bulls do well

Banned

Last chance for Rose to come back.