Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Timberwolves owner wants to keep Kevin Love

Minnesota Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor has reiterated his desire to retain Kevin Love, saying in a recent interview that he doesn't want to trade the All-Star forward.

Love, who can become a free agent after the 2014-15 season, has been pursued by the Golden State Warriors and Cleveland Cavaliers in trade talks this offseason, sources have told ESPN.

AP Photo/Jim Mone
    Kevin Love has been the subject of numerous trade rumors, but Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor has insisted that he would prefer to keep the All-Star.

Kevin Love has been the subject of numerous trade rumors, but Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor has insisted that he would prefer to keep the All-Star.
    But despite the widespread trade speculation, Taylor maintained his stance on Love's future with the Timberwolves in an interview Wednesday with NBA TV.

"My preference is that Kevin will come to [training] camp -- and I'm sure he will -- and play with the team," Taylor said.

Taylor also said that the Timberwolves would not trade Love unless they received what they perceived as "equal or more value" in the deal.

Golden State has been unwilling to include Klay Thompson in the framework of a deal, while Cleveland currently does not intend to part with No. 1 overall draft pick Andrew Wiggins, sources have told ESPN.

"We are going to look at everything that makes sense that would make our team better," Taylor told NBA TV. "But we are not going to move a superb player like [Love] without getting equal or more value back."

Love has said he wants a change of scenery so he can win. He has not made the playoffs in each of six seasons with the Timberwolves.

"I say back to Kevin, 'Well, that's all I want, too,' " Taylor said.
    ESPN.com's Marc Stein and ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard contributed to this report.
    http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11...a-timberwolves

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Default Re: Timberwolves owner wants to keep Kevin Love

He doesn't want to stay....

guys an idiot, hes gonna end up gaining nothing in return for kevin walking out of Minny. Dwight situation all over again. Just deal him for klay and pieces or picks and pieces else where asap.

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    guys an idiot, hes gonna end up gaining nothing in return for kevin walking out of Minny. Dwight situation all over again. Just deal him for klay and pieces or picks and pieces else where asap.
    Klay is off the market.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

The problem with this is that...even if they were to win 55 games and made the 2nd round.

I think Love would still leave.

This whole notion that they are going to be the Blazers of last year and that will be enough to keep Love...just don't see it happening. I think he'd leave even if that were to happen. Lamarcus likes Portland...he just wanted a team. I don't think Love likes Minny...

He's gone. Just move him now and don't drag this on all year. These teams never learn...they'll drag it out. Waste part of the year or perhaps the whole year...get less and less for him as time dwindles.

Just move him and start the new era of Wolves basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    The problem with this is that...even if they were to win 55 games and made the 2nd round.

I think Love would still leave.

This whole notion that they are going to be the Blazers of last year and that will be enough to keep Love...just don't see it happening. I think he'd leave even if that were to happen. Lamarcus likes Portland...he just wanted a team. I don't think Love likes Minny...

He's gone. Just move him now and don't drag this on all year. These teams never learn...they'll drag it out. Waste part of the year or perhaps the whole year...get less and less for him as time dwindles.

Just move him and start the new era of Wolves basketball.
    55 wins and a second round appearance sounds pretty good....

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Hel be traded mid season

the dude really expect to get an equal or greater value for him?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    55 wins and a second round appearance sounds pretty good....
    Yea...and I don't even think that would be enough to keep him though. That is the problem.

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

I heard him say this during the summer league game. Dude isn't very smart. Even Steve Smith said something about a him going to end up with nothing.

Wanting to keep a career loser that is the epitome of empty stats, that has nagged to the media for a while, and wants out.

Why?

Just give up this failed experiment and aim to gain someone that can do more than earn your franchise ping pong balls.

Translation: We really want Andrew Wiggins

Dunking on everybody in the park

If that were truly the case, then the Minnesota owner and front office should've had the foresight to offer Kevin Love a five-year contract back a couple of years ago and made it clear that he was their franchise cornerstone going forward.

It was a stupid decision at the time and it is stupid now. The owner and front office caused this mess.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SOD 21
    If that were truly the case, then the Minnesota owner and front office should've had the foresight to offer Kevin Love a five-year contract back a couple of years ago and made it clear that he was their franchise cornerstone going forward.

It was a stupid decision at the time and it is stupid now. The owner and front office caused this mess.
    Kahn wanted to save the 5 year max for Rubio

Loserville USA FireMcFailPlease's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trollsmasher
    the dude really expect to get an equal or greater value for him?
    Why trade him for scraps??