Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast
    Mars Blackmon Lives!

Default Re: One on One: Jordan vs. LeBron

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamian Balla
    Where was Jordan great defense one on one versus magic in the 91 finals. I remember Pippen had to guard a crying and abused Jordan. Magic and Kareem the two best individuals players playing on the same team. Best duo also.
    watch games instead of listening to rumors. jordan guarded magic the majority of the time. and beat him in 5 games. he also won their career series matchup 6 to 5 and held magic below his averages for the years they met in the regular season (including all of magic's mvp years). in fact if you'd been watching ball in the 80s you might have heard jordan referred to as one of the top magic johnson defenders of the day.

if you're wondering jordan's averages are all higher. in fact he had 2 more rebounds than magic, 12 more points, 1.5 more steals, and 1 more block per game. magic did have 4 more assists. than a shooting guard. who won more games despite not having kareem on his team. of course magic didn't guard jordan because magic didn't guard any good offensive players if riley could find a way to hide him.

nice try though. give it five or six years and you'll be able to say made up crap like that and there won't be anyone old enough to actually remember the games to correct you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteMosɘs
    Dribbling: LBJ
    Quote Originally Posted by The Answer
    Jordan's definately the better ball handler. He's more skilled in every aspect of the game.
    You saved me the trouble...

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease AirGordon7's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    you should be banned for this thread and if ANYONE picks Lebron I will be shocked...

Jordan's Defense >>>>> Lebron's defense

Lebron wouldn't even be able to score

and Jordan's offense > Lebron's O

Jordan is much more consistant than Lebron is...

jesus christ...Lebron has one great playoff series and now he can beat Jordan one on one!!!!!!

I thought this thread was a joke when I read the title
    I agree with everything you said Jordan would school Lebron.

The only person that can beat Jordan is Jordan

Local High School Star beau_boy04's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    More like 30.

And guys, size doesn't matter.
    finally i hear an intelligent comment. to ya. Dennis Rodman could be one of the perfect example - he went up against bigger and maybe stronger opponents, just to name a few - Karl Malone, Shaquille O'Neal, etc.

Lebron may have the size advantage but Jordan would be able to stop him 5 out of 10 times. Lebron will only be able to stop Jordan 2 out of 10 times.

Jordan wins ! easily! to Lebron.

to Jordan. and to Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by -primetime-
    to Jordan???? are you kidding me

all jordan would have to do is step out side and shoot the ball....no need to drive...

and Shaq can't dribble worth a SH-IT...Jordan would steal the ball 90% of the time...

Jordan 100
    Shaq 8
    give Shaq a break, we all know he can't dribble for sh-it. If they play full court 1 on 1 MJ wins 21-10. If they play half court 1 on 1 MJ wins again 21-15

Book it

Quote Originally Posted by NASH = BEST
    Nice Video...

Looks like Jordan is taking this by a Landslide,

Can some one please make a case for LeBron?
    he's takin steroids?

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    Unless LeBron becomes a solid defender and develops that consistent jump shot, MJ wins easily.
    for some reason I dont see that happening anytime soon, "its just basketball to him"

:)

Serious playground baller mid80sjordan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by White Chocolate
    Obviously, you don't know anything. Since when are dunks, baby hook shots, 45% free throw percentage, and simply mauling guys to get to the hoop considered skilled? Any 350 pounder can use his weight and barrel people over. How many guys at 7'+ can do just about anything from defense to 3 pointers other than Dirk Nowitzki?
    then why don't they?

is shaq just the only one to figure it out? hey, maybe i can just run over people. no, shaq is an athletic freak.

if you're wondering jordan's averages are all higher. in fact he had 2 more rebounds than magic, 12 more points, 1.5 more steals, and 1 more block per game. magic did have 4 more assists. than a shooting guard. who won more games despite not having kareem on his team. of course magic didn't guard jordan because magic didn't guard any good offensive players if riley could find a way to hide him.
    I guess you took these numbers from the "head2head" section of basketball-reference. Note, however, that in these 11 games, they include a game where Magic only played for 10 minutes (an injury kept him out for 5 games) and the 1996 game, when Magic was past his prime.

Even if we exclude only the 1st game, his numbers go up, from 20.1/5.7/10.8 to 21.4/6.1/11.5.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Psileas
    I guess you took these numbers from the "head2head" section of basketball-reference. Note, however, that in these 11 games, they include a game where Magic only played for 10 minutes (an injury kept him out for 5 games) and the 1996 game, when Magic was past his prime.

Even if we exclude only the 1st game, his numbers go up, from 20.1/5.7/10.8 to 21.4/6.1/11.5.
    yes i did. wanted to see if magic did indeed hand it to mj, statiscially speaking.

i believe those numbers are still below his career averages. you make a good point though. anyway, my point wasn't to run down magic, greatest pg ever, just to indicate that jordan's defense on magic was by no means sub-standard. i think the evidence supports that. not as well as watching mike defend did, but well enough.

Learning to shoot layups td21spurs's Avatar

With all respect to Lebron James, he wouldn't be a challenge for MJ. i'll wait to see how he will develop his skills, though, before judging him any further.

I have to go with prime LeBron.

Prime / Peak MJ got this easy

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23 View Post
    It is a close game so i would say Michael Jordan will win this one
    Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by bullettooth View Post
    Duh.
    Good observation.