Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Default Re: 2011 Slam Dunk Contest Participants leaked

javale mcgee has BOUNCE what are you guys talking about. so does brandon jennings this dunk contest will be sick Jennings is a showman this will be the best dunk contest since 2004!

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm

im sorry but power dunkers in the dunk contest are boring as hell to me.

the only thing they ever do that looks cool is assault the rim but its just not that impressive when a big dude crushes it with nobody guarding him.

other than that they have no creativity and are forced to use stupid props to win (see idiotic Superman dunk that wasnt even a dunk)

never mind you are just as likely to end up with a Birdman-like performance when you pick an in game dunker.

they need to do something like an And1 showcase or whatever dunk artists there are out there go up against some NBA guys.
    qft, bring back some finesse.

i know were running out of dunks but seeing people do the same stuff is boring.

Why would the NBA do this? Not denying that these guys can dunk well, but when you're 6'10, and 7', your dunks just look so much worse because you're already so close to the rim. Think about all the best dunk contests in history. All of them were almost completely guards or small forwards. The classic duel between Jordan and Wilkins, Carter against McGrady and Francis, etc etc. They seem to think that just because Dwight won it once, athletic big men are what draw views. Ibaka and Mcgee? Griffin is tall, but he needs to be there, and Jennings is like the Spud Webb/Nate Robinson, of the contest. But McGee and Ibaka? I mean sure they're nice dunkers, but they're not contest worthy at all. Derrick Rose should definitely be in there, along with a nice swingman like Gay or Derozan.

McGee will win simply because his long ass arms will make dunks look stupid crazy. Not only can he jump, but he's like 7'1. He needs to do some crazy FT line dunk we haven't seen before. Griffin is cool but what cool dunks has he done? All I see are in-game alley-oops and tip dunks. I think he's gonna be like Shannon Brown. Hyped to no end but no real creativity...just a shitload of hops and good hands.

LeBron would be cool but at this point, I don't even care anymore. If he's worried about getting injured, then I understand. If he's worried about losing, that's lame. No one is going to remember the dunk contest anyway...

BTW...the title still remains in Seattle

Peeps are still surprised King James is not a contestant? He's never going to be in one despite what he's said in the past.

Griffin is the only participant that makes sense. Jennings hardly ever dunks in games. Never seen him do a dunk.

This might be the worst collection of slam dunk participant's ever. Griffin is the only reason to watch this.

Last edited by Kujo; 01-05-2011 at 06:19 PM.

Jennings is going to embarasse himself between this guys.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    McGee will win simply because his long ass arms will make dunks look stupid crazy. Not only can he jump, but he's like 7'1. He needs to do some crazy FT line dunk we haven't seen before. Griffin is cool but what cool dunks has he done? All I see are in-game alley-oops and tip dunks. I think he's gonna be like Shannon Brown. Hyped to no end but no real creativity...just a shitload of hops and good hands.
    lol.

Serious playground baller mans1ay3r's Avatar

They'd better make these guys watch film. Make sure they know what a real dunk contest is.. dont be pulling off sht we can see in any game. I just hope Blake Griffin isnt another Shannon Brown. I want to see some 360 between the legs blind-folded type stuff haha

Local High School Star Harrison_Barnes's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by M.V.P
    Why would the NBA do this? Not denying that these guys can dunk well, but when you're 6'10, and 7', your dunks just look so much worse because you're already so close to the rim. Think about all the best dunk contests in history. All of them were almost completely guards or small forwards. The classic duel between Jordan and Wilkins, Carter against McGrady and Francis, etc etc. They seem to think that just because Dwight won it once, athletic big men are what draw views. Ibaka and Mcgee? Griffin is tall, but he needs to be there, and Jennings is like the Spud Webb/Nate Robinson, of the contest. But McGee and Ibaka? I mean sure they're nice dunkers, but they're not contest worthy at all. Derrick Rose should definitely be in there, along with a nice swingman like Gay or Derozan.
    Very nice post. Repped.

Quote Originally Posted by IamSofaKing
    A chance for McGee to embarrass himself even more..

I mean seriously why this guy? He barely gets off the ground, he just has a long wingspan
    No hops...yeh right.

He's the most fluid 7 footer in the league. His dunks look natural for a big guy. A guy like Dwight is mechanical compared to him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BrKduFXBni4&feature=fvsr

jennings has been missing time with a broken foot injury. doesn't this affect his dunking ability?

Brandon Jennings in definitely an underdog. He hardly ever dunks in games which could actually be good because that means hes not only an in-game dunker.

If you look at a guy like Nate Robinson he is not much of an in-game dunker either but if you put him in an open gym he can throw down between the leg dunks.

After seeing all these highlights of Jennings on Youtube of him dunking I think he can actually put up some good dunks in this Slam Dunk Contest.

Wow, you're tall CelticsDraftee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    they need to do something like an And1 showcase or whatever dunk artists there are out there go up against some NBA guys.
    The NBA is not going to allow some street ballers or whoever come and try to show up the NBA players in this kind of spotlight. Never gonna happen.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by porebo

WOW F***!
    That's Carlos Arroyo.