Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Do people really think the Big 3 Heat were more "stacked" than the 80s Lakers or C's?

smh...sigh...

its not about stacked....lebron who is/was arguably the best player in the league left his team to join another superstar in wade who at the time was a top 5 talent in the league and also bosh who was at the time arguably a top 10 player in the league... they should of won all four years they were together but they were too soft...i mean everyone should of known that as soon as you saw three grown ass professional nba players have to join up and to basically buy championships.

lebron left a joined forces to make a superstar team where it would be easy for them to win championships...as soon as they lost after winnning back to back...he leaves back to Cleveland.

lebron is a bitchass, and so are wade and bosh and thats why alot of people hate the heat and for the rest of you who rooted for the heat...well that just shows alot about your integrity as a person.

this is a league of competition...80s lakers and celtics were stacked yes...but they were stacked based off of talent, coaching, drafting, good role players..

not 3 superstar divas joining up to basically "cheat"

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Do people really think the Big 3 Heat were more "stacked" than the 80s Lakers or C's?

No, but relative to their competition they were, at least for the first few years.
    Perhaps not even then. Especially compared to the Lakers. The Lakers had no real competition in the west for like 6 years. They were upset once and both conference finals teams were sub .500. They played some 39-43 win teams in the WCF.

The margin between the 80s West and the Lakers and the last few years heat and the east...

The Lakers had it easier most of the time.

Like 7 teams the last 4 years could play with or beat the Heat in a series without it being THAT big of an upset.

Who could beat either the Lakers or Celtics before the late 80s(when the teams in discussion didnt even exist) and not have it be a monumental upset?

The Bucks and 76ers.

Who else?

Who but those teams knocking off the Lakers/Celtics wouldnt be considered shocking?

Other teams could play with them at the top of their game(80-87 id say).

Nobody else could beat them and not have it be the upset of the year.

There were a similar number of real threats to the Heat/Lakers/Celtics.

About 2 teams for each in any given season.

The Lakers lost a fluke series here and there. Same for the Celtics. And the Heat. all of them could expect to win in 5-6 vs all but maybe 3 teams in any given season.

I made a topic in 2011 about the Heat not even being that good and people acted like id lost my mind....

Then the remains of Mike Bibby starts 20 playoff games putting up 4/1 on 28% shooting with Anthony at the 5 doing 3/5 on 37% and the lightbulbs started coming on.

They literally had 7 guys playing in the playoffs who didnt need to be in the NBA anymore. They had like 5 guys who I bet didnt combine for 20 more starts after that season....and Joel Anthony who who started a lot more games because his coach loved him...and then went to Boston to never play again.

12 and 13 were the closest Heat teams to being as stacked relative to opponents at those 80s teams. And in only one of those years were the full big 3 even reminiscent of the players they were known as before.

They get together in like 06 id compare them to the true greats. They barely played together as real stars.