Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe - "Cleveland is making the same mistake that Charlotte made with me"

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I admire your wisdom in this, despite what other Cavalier fans think.

However I think the long term impact of this trade will be a worse mistake than the Hornet trade for Divac.

Firstly, the Cavs are giving up Wiggins AND Bennett AND a protected first.

Secondly, Love value to Cavs isn't defined by 25/14 on Wolves.
    3 out of 6 seasons he has injury plagued seasons.
    He is a below average defender, no matter what cavs and media say. As a Pek fan, I watched many wolves games.
    He is a selfish player and poor leader.
    And he won't average 20 points with the Cavs with Lebron and Irving, and he wont average more than 12 rebounds with Andy V and Lebron.

Wiggins on the other hand will be a superstar in a few seasons.
    Bennett will be an all star.

First round pick is still unknown

The trade should have been Bennett and protected first for Love.

If no, then get lost Wolves.

Just because you say that...it doesn't make it true.

Banned

Default Re: Kobe - "Cleveland is making the same mistake that Charlotte made with me"

Quote Originally Posted by SupermanOnSteroids
    didn't Kobe FORCE his way out of Charlotte to get to the Lakers?
    No. That's a common ISH myth. The Hornets had agreed to trade Kobe before they had actually drafted him. The deal was already in place. The Lakers wanted to move Divac to have space to get Shaq.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    It means nothing, just like me. Go on your f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking way.
    banned

shhhhhhh

Won't say if it's a mistake or not, obviously the Cavs have shifted to win now mode, the plan they had going into the summer is going to be nothing like the plan they need to put in place now..

That being said I think Wiggins is the next real big thing and any team is lucky to have him on it

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

It means nothing, just like me. Go on your f[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]cking way.
    Uhhhhhh okay...

And now the tweet is deleted.
    Can't believe how far this actually went considering the source. ISH, Reddit, Alex Kennedy, and Dimemag all citing this "2014MrBasket" twitter account

ok learn something new everyday

NBA rookie of the year

Could be a huge mistake. Can't wait to see Wiggins posterize Bran in a couple of years.

The Cavs gotta 25 year old 26/13 player.

If the cavs traded for Dirk or Gasol then yeah but thats not the case. Love is still young as hell
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 08-17-2014 at 07:52 PM.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    I admire your wisdom in this, despite what other Cavalier fans think.

However I think the long term impact of this trade will be a worse mistake than the Hornet trade for Divac.

Firstly, the Cavs are giving up Wiggins AND Bennett AND a protected first.

Secondly, Love value to Cavs isn't defined by 25/14 on Wolves.
    3 out of 6 seasons he has injury plagued seasons.
    He is a below average defender, no matter what cavs and media say. As a Pek fan, I watched many wolves games.
    He is a selfish player and poor leader.
    And he won't average 20 points with the Cavs with Lebron and Irving, and he wont average more than 12 rebounds with Andy V and Lebron.

Wiggins on the other hand will be a superstar in a few seasons.
    Bennett will be an all star.
    First round pick is still unknown.

The trade should have been Bennett and protected first for Love.

If no, then get lost Wolves.
    I was openly opposed to this trade just based on the fact that I thought we should be able to get Love for a lot less. Guys who've made it clear they want out on the last year of their deal -- regardless how good -- haven't fetched anything even remotely close to what the Cavs are apparently giving up. It "felt" like we could have called their bluff and pushed this thing all the way to the trade deadline, if need be.

But, then again, I'm not privy to what is happening behind closed doors. And, Kevin Love is really f#cking good. And he's only 25.

Yes, this deal has the potential to blow up in our faces. I liked Wiggins' ceiling quite a bit and I'm pretty sure Bennett is going to end up being really good... potentially a better version of Millsap.

But, getting Love is nothing to scoff at, either. Players that good that young are almost never available, especially for a small market franchise. And, while this is obviously a "win now" move, it also sets us up pretty well for the future.

Four years from now when LeBron is approaching his mid-30s and likely slowing down, we'll still have Irving approaching his prime alongside Love (29), Waiters (26) and Thompson (27). I'm very high on Waiters, as you know. That could be one hell of a trio if they all reach their respective ceilings.

One thing is for sure... it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Local High School Star

Love is a proven great player, and Wiggins hasn't even played a game yet. By the time Wiggins becomes great (if he even does become great), Lebron will be out of his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by edrick
    Love is a proven great player, and Wiggins hasn't even played a game yet. By the time Wiggins becomes great (if he even does become great), Lebron will be out of his prime.
    I'm not even sure if Wigging was even gonna star to be honest.

He may not have LeBron and Kyrie giving him pointers in Minneapolis but at least he will have no choice but to play his ass off since his team looks mediocre and the spotlight is going to be on him

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Nostradomousbe

goat analyzer of players