Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Lebron will turn 30 in December, Peak/Prime Lebron James likely already happened

It's now likely that the highlights of his career from here on out are of a player entering his twilight. I'm sure for the next few seasons he'll still have top tier consistency and a few great glimpses of his youth with some great performances, but they will be fewer and farther between from here on out. His best years are probably now behind him, on average he will be winning less individual awards and putting up gradually less impressive stats for the remainder of his career, and this will be on a downward curve that will get sharper as the seasons go on.

Seems like this was Kobe and Lebron's league just yesterday. Now even Lebron has become the 30+ aging vet, "cutting weight" and what not going through all the veteran motions to fight father time. Time sure flies doesn't it?

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: Lebron will turn 30 in December, Peak/Prime Lebron James likely already happened

Pretty much.

Players don't magically get better after 30, especially wing players.

Default Re: Lebron will turn 30 in December, Peak/Prime Lebron James likely already happened

I still think he has at least one 1 MVP left in him. He's still in his prime though, he's just reinvented himself slightly. He still depends tremendously on his size, strength and athleticism, but he's improved his jump-shooting and his post play greatly compared to his first stint in Cleveland.

nah i don't think so. Right now, hes working hard like crazy, trying to lose weight and gain that early athleticism he had before. Now we see him mature as a player, improving his jumpshot and overall iq.

Maybe he can get some bs free throw calls like durant

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    nah i don't think so. Right now, hes working hard like crazy, trying to lose weight and gain that early athleticism he had before. Now we see him mature as a player, improving his jumpshot and overall iq.

Maybe he can get some bs free throw calls like durant
    I agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I still think he has at least one 1 MVP left in him. He's still in his prime though, he's just reinvented himself slightly. He still depends tremendously on his size, strength and athleticism, but he's improved his jump-shooting and his post play greatly compared to his first stint in Cleveland.
    Sure lots of 30+ players can be MVP caliber and still play dominant, just take a look at dirk in 2011... IMO 30-34 are generally still solid years barring injury of superstar players. But the electrifying athleticism and pep in the players step usually goes away (if that was one of their traits), and the general buzz about their "celing" and "potential" from the fans and media goes away. They can remain steady, but the spotlight is probably going to shift to a lot of the younger guys who's "ceiling" and "potential" is still a mystery as they continue to light up the league with great scoring nights and clutch shots.

The mystery about how good Lebron could get is now becoming a thing of the past, I'm pretty sure we've now all seen how good he could get. Now the rest of his career will be about what he can still accomplish, and how long he can hold out against father time.

He'll adjust and age gracefully. I'm more concerned about how a player like Rose is going to do when he hits that age.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragic4Life
    I agree.
    Of course you agree with yourself

Kobelicious

bran is declining as we speak,
    no im not talking about his hairline

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    wow that alt is obvious

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Yeah, I think peak Lebron already happened in the 12-13 season. 27/8/7 on 57/41/75 with elite defense. If he had Clevelandesque team that year, I think he could've gotten a statline like 32/8/8 on 54/40/75 like Jordan in 89.

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    Future repped

Very good NBA starter

Op are you gonna stop rooting for the cavs for the next 5+ years until lebron retires?

He will still be one of the top players in the league for years to come, but after 30, decline is inevitable. Especially since he's been in the NBA since he was 18. If he can reinvent his game like Kobe did, LeBron should have a gradual decline and still be extremely effective well into his 30s. If he is more like Wade, well...

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Op are you gonna stop rooting for the cavs for the next 5+ years until lebron retires?

Why the fuc.k would I stop rooting for the Cavs?