Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Banned

Default Re: Sorry, Kobe Bryant is not a top 10 player all time

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    The truth stings like a b***h...doesn't it....dumbzuki?
    The infamous lakersreign Extremely Mad here

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Boring

Boring
    What a well argued and constructive post, It is quite obvious that you put a lot of thought in to that post and I think that you should be applauded for it.

In regards to the thread, Kobe is anywhere between 7-10 in the all time ranking. Winning 5 rings with two of them being the guy, along with two FMVP and an MVP, longevity, 7 finals appearances etc, should automatically make him a top 10. I have him 8th in truth.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by Dukem
    What a well argued and constructive post, It is quite obvious that you put a lot of thought in to that post and I think that you should be applauded for it.

In regards to the thread, Kobe is anywhere between 7-10 in the all time ranking. Winning 5 rings with two of them being the guy, along with two FMVP and an MVP, longevity, 7 finals appearances etc, should automatically make him a top 10. I have him 8th in truth.
    Can you name your top 10? Just curious.

I agree with you, b/c as a Kobe fan i have him in those same spots as well. but question, how come this "the man" thing only goes against Kobe? Kareem has 6 titles, only 2 FMVP, yet no one says that about him. Magic has 5 titles, 3 FMVP and no one says it about him. I can continue with Duncan, Shaq or Bird. But it seems like this agenda is only used against Kobe. Not saying you are using it but u get what i mean. It's not like Kobe wasn't HUGE during the 3 peat, as evidenced by the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011

I agree with you, b/c as a Kobe fan i have him in those same spots as well. but question, how come this "the man" thing only goes against Kobe? Kareem has 6 titles, only 2 FMVP, yet no one says that about him. Magic has 5 titles, 3 FMVP and no one says it about him. I can continue with Duncan, Shaq or Bird. But it seems like this agenda is only used against Kobe. Not saying you are using it but u get what i mean. It's not like Kobe wasn't HUGE during the 3 peat, as evidenced by the stats.
    The reason is, is because there was no debate as to who's team it was for those first 3 rings. Duncan was > Parker in 07 as well.

If Shaq was winning most of his rings in similar fashion to 06, he'd get the same shit.

The comparison you are trying to draw here doesn't work.

(yawn)

It's so hilarious how they LOVE to spout their pathetic hater tripe of "slap ANYBODY on the Lakers with Shaq and they'll still win." But when asked to back it up, they CAN'T EVER prove it
    How does one go about proving such a specific hypothetical?

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    The reason is, is because there was no debate as to who's team it was for those first 3 rings. Duncan was > Parker in 07 as well.

If Shaq was winning most of his rings in similar fashion to 06, he'd get the same shit.

The comparison you are trying to draw here doesn't work.
    Fair enough, but does that make his rings count any less like people try to make it? Did he not put up great numbers during the 3 peat? If i didn't know any better and listened to people on here who try to discredit him, i'd think he was merely a bench player.

Depends. If a player, hypothetically, as a 2nd option, played much better than the 1st option with whom you are comparing him to, it shouldn't take much away, if anything at all (another issue would be the talent on the respective teams). At least that's how I choose to rationalize this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Jack
    Depends. If a player, hypothetically, as a 2nd option, played much better than the 1st option with whom you are comparing him to, it shouldn't take much away, if anything at all (another issue would be the talent on the respective teams). At least that's how I choose to rationalize this issue.
    I don't think it should count against him though because i strongly believe no one could've been better than a prime Shaq. Nobody would've won FMVP over him. No one could've ever been number 1 option over a prime Shaq. No smart coach would choose a guard as the main guy OVER a prime Shaq. Kobe still put up respectable numbers during that 3 peat.

But i get what you're saying though, i just don't like how people completely dismiss those 3 rings as if he did nothing.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

10-15

Very good NBA starter

indisputable top 10 player ever, and if his name wasn't Kobe, he'd be getting top 5 all-time talk.

Quote Originally Posted by swag2011

Actually when I typed that post, I forgot about Russell so Kobe is 9th BUT can climb as far 5th with another ring and FMVP. Top tens are usually flawed anyway because of the various positions but i'll give it a shot.

1) Michael Jordan
    2) Kareem
    3) Magic
    4) Russell
    5) Shaq
    6) Wilt
    7) Duncan
    8) Bird
    9) Kobe
    10) Hakeem

I only consider 'the man' thing with other contexts. Kareem won 6 rings with maybe 3 of them being the man but I take into account that he's the record holder for most points scored, was versatile and had a 20 year career as well as other records and impressive stats as well. Kobe has the rings, being the man, finals appearances and being 'clutch'. What makes him not any higher is because the top 3 were just flat out the best 3 players ever at their position, the players ahead of him in the 4-7 positions were just better/more dominant than him (although Kobe in 2006 was just a machine). Although I believe that Kobe will overtake Bird anyway when he retires and may reach Duncans level, but it'll take a ring and a FMVP to be in the Wilt and Shaq region.

That's just my opinion though. I prefer ranking in terms on positions or Guards, Fowards, Centers personally.