Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Bad locker room players who were very good players

Elvin Hayes - Never heard his teammates say a good word about him. Came off as very selfish. Bill Fitch demanded Ralph Sampson to not hang around him.

Rick Barry - Most arrogant player ever. Robert Parish said he was shocked out how arrogant Barry was. Huge ego.

Michael Jordan - Teammates hated practicing with him. Called Kwame Brown a flaming faggo.t. Gave Steve Kerr a black eye. Messed around with Parish one time in practice, but Parish was ready to fight, MJ backed off.

2012 Lamar Odom - Quit on his teammates because he was an emotional bitch.

Any others?

Banned

Default Re: Bad locker room players who were very good players

Tracy McGrady - constantly threw his team under the bus and blamed all of his teammates for his failures in both Houston and in Orlando. He also quit on his teammates in both Orlando and in Houston as well.

Charles Barkley - constantly getting into fights with teammates in the locker-room, showed up out of shape frequently, got in trouble with the law,

I rep Lakers!

Shaq -tried to stunt the growth of Kobe,agrogant, demanded money from the owners in a rude way, came into camp out of shape, and constantly kept drama going between a young 22yr old Kobe when he was supposed to be the seasoned vet.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Arenas- Tried to shoot people.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    Tracy McGrady - constantly threw his team under the bus and blamed all of his teammates for his failures in both Houston and in Orlando. He also quit on his teammates in both Orlando and in Houston as well.

Charles Barkley - constantly getting into fights with teammates in the locker-room, showed up out of shape frequently, got in trouble with the law,
    You must not have watched Orlando T-Mac..... his teams there were some of the worst Ive ever seen, had he even had the roster of the 2003 Knicks he wouldve made the second round. Orlando's '02 (i believe) roster (aside from mac) was worse than the Charlotte Bobcats...by far..

So when your teammates are as good as Matt Carroll...youre allowed to blame them for being horrible.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    You must not have watched Orlando T-Mac..... his teams there were some of the worst Ive ever seen, had he even had the roster of the 2003 Knicks he wouldve made the second round. Orlando's '02 (i believe) roster (aside from mac) was worse than the Charlotte Bobcats...by far..

So when your teammates are as good as Matt Carroll...youre allowed to blame them for being horrible.
    He was also a bad teammate and did the exact same things in Houston which is why I don't care and it is why I put him on that list. Houston actually did have a talent for McGrady but McGrady was still this lazy immature dick head.

AK47DR91
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

You can't leave out Shaq and Kobe.

Shaq threw Kobe under the bus in the three-peat era.
    Kobe has thrown Pau under the bus this past season.

Both of them were at each others throat when they were teammates.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
    He was also a bad teammate and did the exact same things in Houston which is why I don't care and it is why I put him on that list. Houston actually did have a talent for McGrady but McGrady was still this lazy immature dick head.
    Mac gave it his all during games. His practice habbits and conditioning left some to be desired but he gave everything he had while he was out there.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    Mac gave it his all during games. His practice habbits and conditioning left some to be desired but he gave everything he had while he was out there.
    I agree bro....

This game surely shows how much effort Tmac gave and it was a whole lot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjbkXewxlGI

Also if his practice habits/conditioning were left to be desired then he clearly didn't give it his all. I'm glad you can accept the fact that Tmac was a crappy teammate in Houston though. It's too bad for whatever reason you thought he gave it his all.

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Last edited by no pun intended; 07-18-2012 at 12:16 AM.

Banned

I really doubt TMac's practice habits were bad at all. You're not as skilled as he was, meaning one of the most skillled perimeter scorers of the last decade, without practicing a huge amount. There is nothing about his conditioning that I know of that was bad either. In fact, his problem was that he constantly came back from injuries to early and that was a huge part of his prime being cut so short.
    As for the locker room stuff, I just don't think it's worth talking about for a couple reasons. The first being no one knows what's happening anyway, and the people that get pointed out as good in the locker room by fans are always winners, whether it's reported that they were universally hated ass holes (like Jordan) or not. Secondly, the impact that this sort of stuff has on the game is extremely minimal anyway.

College star

Kobe. The GOAT king of throwing teammates under the bus.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    I really doubt TMac's practice habits were bad at all..
    I'm sure his former coach had no idea what was going on.

Best-selling author and noted hairsman Malcolm Gladwell introduced the concept while moderating the opening session of this year's Sloan conference. The talk dealt with how the "10,000 hour rule" that Gladwell discussed in his 2008 book "Outliers" — that the key to success in any field is the purposeful practice of a specific task for 10,000 hours — relates to an athlete's development.

But while McGrady's abilities were awe-inspiring, his willingness to further cultivate them wasn't, according to panelist and ESPN NBA analyst Jeff Van Gundy, who coached the Florida-born star with the Houston Rockets from 2004 through 2007.

Van Gundy estimated McGrady at "probably 1,000 hours of practice," just one-tenth of Gladwell's rule, a figure that elicited laughter from the crowd.
    McGrady admitted his lack of practice habits as well.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/bal...?urn=nba,wp220

Tracy McGrady: ‘I just wasn’t a great practice player’

"I really don't see how, maybe I'm wrong on this. I don't just see how going hard in practice is going to take my talent to another level. I just don't see that… As far as the team jelling and practicing like that, yeah that's how you make your team better. I'm saying me personally, I just didn't see how me practicing hard was going to take my talent to another level. I always felt like working on my individual skills was taking my talent to another level… Now when I say I wasn't a great practice player, it's not like I sat out of practice. I was participating. I always participated."

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by AK47DR91
    You can't leave out Shaq and Kobe.

Shaq threw Kobe under the bus in the three-peat era.
    Kobe has thrown Pau under the bus this past season.

Both of them were at each others throat when they were teammates.
    Kobe has been nothing but supportive towards Pau. He even criticized the FO for putting him through all the trade rumors and always praises him. All he said was "Pau has to be more aggressive" and you guys ran with it...