Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Clippers should move Blake Griffin..

I understand the backlash to previous Blake overrating, but it's sliding a little too far in the other direction. Blake Griffin is a fcking good player. He's not an "elite" player, but he's definitely one of the top PF's in the NBA.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    I understand the backlash to previous Blake overrating, but it's sliding a little too far in the other direction. Blake Griffin is a fcking good player. He's not an "elite" player, but he's definitely one of the top PF's in the NBA.

i've said numerous times in this thread that yes, BG is really good player.

However, his trade value is higher than the impact he brings.

If the Clips could get Jsmith & Horford for BG then it would be a good trade for the Clippers.

Somehow, Clippers fans think Griffin is better than the combination of Josh Smith and Al Horford which to me is just

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Blake Griffin is on par with if not better defensively than Smith this year. Stop giving players merit on reputation and start actually watching the games dipshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    it's insane to me that these are real thoughts someone has and is 100% serious about.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    . I'd be careful saying "overrated" though. I think Blake was WAY overhyped and spoon fed to everybody and MAYBE slightly overrated but not enough to get a title for it. People nowadays act like Griffin may not be a top 8 PF .

Local High School Star TheCalmInsanity's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    i've said numerous times in this thread that yes, BG is really good player.

However, his trade value is higher than the impact he brings.

If the Clips could get Jsmith & Horford for BG then it would be a good trade for the Clippers.

Somehow, Clippers fans think Griffin is better than the combination of Josh Smith and Al Horford which to me is just
    And we've called you an idiot numerous times. We didn't misunderstand you.

The trade value being higher is not just because of razzle dazzle. It's because of age, having him for another guaranteed 5 years, current production, AND future production.

If the Clippers trade him for what he's worth now, he will show his improvements and spend his physical prime dominating with some other team. How stupid are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    . I'd be careful saying "overrated" though. I think Blake was WAY overhyped and spoon fed to everybody and MAYBE slightly overrated but not enough to get a title for it. People nowadays act like Griffin may not be a top 8 PF .
    i havent seen anyone say blake is not a top 8 pf. He is top 5 without question whether ppl want to say it or not.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

It would be a horrible trade for the Hawks tho, why would they give up two top notch starters?

Quote Originally Posted by ncrizzle
    i havent seen anyone say blake is not a top 8 pf. He is top 5 without question whether ppl want to say it or not.
    At the start of the year, with his play, I'd say he was arguably top 7. Over the past handful or so of games, he's been arguably the best.

Dude just need to have confidence and I think he can be cemented as a top 3 PF.

OP is right. Clippers are title contenders if they had moved griffin for Howard when they had the chance. Not sure who they could get for now.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    It would be a horrible trade for the Hawks tho, why would they give up two top notch starters?

yeah i felt like the hawks weren't getting enough back, somehow the clippers are getting ripped off though

yeah i felt like the hawks weren't getting enough back, somehow the clippers are getting ripped off though
    No one said anything about getting ripped off.

Fact of the matter is, considering EVERYTHING, Clippers will turn that deal down unless the Hawks add incentive. Why? Blake is younger, the difference on defense between Smith and Blake is equivalent or pretty damn close to the difference on offense, Blake is locked in, Smoove is an unrestricted free agent, and everything else that has already been mentioned.

But I expect that to all to be flown over your head. I mean, it is apparent you think Smith is equal to Blake on offense, essentially (or pretty damn close), so if that is what you believe, then nothing else can be said.

Local High School Star Ol Dirty Bastard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talkingconch
    OP is right. Clippers are title contenders if they had moved griffin for Howard when they had the chance. Not sure who they could get for now.
    Actually heard a great debate about this before the season started on ESPN radio.

National High School Star I.R.Beast's Avatar

Chris Paul is hindering blakes development

Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    No one said anything about getting ripped off.

Fact of the matter is, considering EVERYTHING, Clippers will turn that deal down unless the Hawks add incentive. Why? Blake is younger, the difference on defense between Smith and Blake is equivalent or pretty damn close to the difference on offense, Blake is locked in, Smoove is an unrestricted free agent, and everything else that has already been mentioned.

But I expect that to all to be flown over your head. I mean, it is apparent you think Smith is equal to Blake on offense, essentially (or pretty damn close), so if that is what you believe, then nothing else can be said.
    Quote Originally Posted by qrich
    Atlanta would have to throw in both of their first round picks this year, take on Butler/Hollins and give up Ivan/Pachulia for that to be considered by the Clips.
    Sounds like you're saying the clips would be getting ripped off.

Chances are Smith would resign with the Cippers, this would also give CP3 more incentive to resign.

Horford & Smith with Cp3 would be scary, add in Crawford, Butler, Bledsoe, that team could do some damage in the playoffs.

This was just the first trade that popped in my head, i'm sure the Clippers could get even better than this out of a Blake Griffin deal

Sounds like you're saying the clips would be getting ripped off.

Chances are Smith would resign with the Cippers, this would also give CP3 more incentive to resign.

Horford & Smith with Cp3 would be scary, add in Crawford, Butler, Bledsoe, that team could do some damage in the playoffs.

This was just the first trade that popped in my head, i'm sure the Clippers could get even better than this out of a Blake Griffin deal
    No, I'm saying Atlanta would need to add in incentive to get the Clippers to consider. There is a ton of reasons for more incentive being needed than value. Such as marketability, age, potential, etc.

Yes, chances are Smith will reup, just like Elton Brand was. Or Carlos Boozer was. Or chances are Iverson will lead Denver to the promised land. Or Horford won't miss any games. Shall I continue?

Horford and Smith will get murdered in the paint in the playoffs if they were to face the Lakers, the Grizzlies hell even the Jazz. I wouldn't be confident with them against the Nuggets either.

But hey, Smith is tons better than Blake. He's superior on offense due to putting up worse stats in more time and more shot opportunities and is a million times better on D due to rep.