Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    College superstar

Default Re: NBA Live 15 is a better game than NBA 2K15

Yes I agree. 2k15 is ****ing garbage.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bluechox2
    so live is pretty much like the older 2k's where they've already tried and done all that shit and this years version is something different when your actually bragging about an older 2k game that just had a title change to live 15

an in 2k, you dont get drafted, thats why the draft is the same...you sign as a undrafted rookie

seriously 2k 11 and 2k12 are better than 2k15. That's saying something right there. 2k is falling off.

russ - The main advantage to me seems to be that 2k15 better simulates team basketball (and it improves in that regard every year). Spacing, rotations/help defense in general, cutting, etc. is all spectacular. 5-man units actually seem to have some synergy, and the motion offenses built into the game keep everybody engaged. Not many people run plays, but for those who do, a lot of the rubbish/broken sets have been removed from the game.

2k15 isn't perfect. My two main issues:

I think MyCareer is a broken mode, and the cinematic content from my understanding doesn't go beyond the second year. MyGM is much, much improved over last year, and MyLeague is a beast of a mode (only issue I have is that they need to improve the logic for player improvement/regression between seasons). I like MyTeam for the collection element, but gameplay is broken. Domination mode rewards you for playing in a certain way (to pile up points from limited threes, lots of post-ups), and the only way to climb through the ladder in RTTP is to play unrealistic ball (I've had my best success playing with all super athletes, and just running out in transition every basket).

The animations are kind of suspect at times. A fair number of inside moves have predetermined outcomes, and it's not even worth reacting to them (some have been in the game for years as well). The turnaround jumper was broken for awhile, and now there seem to be a couple of issues preventing up-tempo play (sometimes you can get locked into an animation of walking up the court that takes so long that it lets the defense get perfectly in position; also, even in 2-on-1 situations, if one of your guys bumps the defender in transition, it can trigger a reaction/backpeddle animation that will prevent a scoring opportunity).

I do like some things about Live a lot more. Presentation is on point for sure. There seems to be more control over live dribbles and crossovers. The animations aren't as problematic either. Servers seem to be better. But I still don't think the title does a good job of representing team ball. It's fine if you're going to isolate a ton, or call tons of specific shit manually, but there's no flow to offense, and team defenses don't do a great job of denying penetration (like they do in 2k; really forces you to adjust how you play).

Nothing against Live of course, I hope they get back on track (last Live I bought was 08 with Arenas on the cover, just have played the last two years with friends). It would be awesome if both titles become viable options for purchase. I think in terms of control/graphics/presentation, Live is doing a good job of closing the gap. But they're just not there yet in terms of having a robust franchise mode, or in terms of simulating 5-on-5 gameplay.

Just my two cents...

7/11/14 We Witness NattyPButter's Avatar

2K15 pisses me off with how unresponsive the controls are this year. Every move you pull off takes 1 to 2 seconds to happen. I feel like I have no control of my player at all with all these stupid animations. Don't get me started on how stupid your teammate AI is. I don't play Live but may give it a try next year because 2K is to damn animation base and also unrealistic. Getting sick of seeing all the bigs that are scrubs getting in the post and doing turn around J's and hitting them. Bum players playing like they are superstars.

High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BasedTom
    So how much are they paying you for this?
    \

Was gonna say exactly this.

Last bball game I got was 2k13, I have heard the last two were shit.

Do yourselves a favour bruhs and start playing Fifa, even if you hate soccer you will like playing fifa.
    Last edited by BigMacAttack; 02-05-2015 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacAttack
    \

Was gonna say exactly this.

Last bball game I got was 2k13, I have heard the last two were shit.

Do yourselves a favour bruhs and start playing Fifa, even if you hate soccer you will like playing fifa.
    pes is better

1. Did not read.
    2. Video game forum
    3. NBA Live is not better
    4. 2k15 isnt great by any means, but it doesnt make #3 true

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by NattyPButter
    2K15 pisses me off with how unresponsive the controls are this year. Every move you pull off takes 1 to 2 seconds to happen. I feel like I have no control of my player at all with all these stupid animations. Don't get me started on how stupid your teammate AI is. I don't play Live but may give it a try next year because 2K is to damn animation base and also unrealistic. Getting sick of seeing all the bigs that are scrubs getting in the post and doing turn around J's and hitting them. Bum players playing like they are superstars.
    you ever drive in and clearly tap x to pump fake but 2k takes over and decides you need to shoot it and screws you into a block or miss?

live has been hard as hell so far, nothing comes easy like 2k but overall it's a fun game with much better features

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Listen, I have both games.

the Ultimate Team mode, which is what I bought it for, is dead in that game. It's also Pay to Win system, granted it took a year for 2K to fix their MyTeam system.

Gameplay wise, I don't like Live. Every one feels the same.

National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiseryCityTexas
    seriously 2k 11 and 2k12 are better than 2k15. That's saying something right there. 2k is falling off.
    2k11 is considered the best 2K out there because how much of an improvement ther was. 2k12? Really? Was the worse 2K behind 2k14.

It's 2k11>2k15>2k13>2k12>2k14.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

I've tried Live and it isn't. But it isn't awful and hopefully it will continue to improve because 2K is being some money grubbing piece of shit lately. They need competition.

Remember when NFL 2k5 came out to challenge Madden? I think they set it half the price and the game quality was equal, if not better. Wish someone could give 2K some of it's own medicine.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    Listen, I have both games.

the Ultimate Team mode, which is what I bought it for, is dead in that game. It's also Pay to Win system, granted it took a year for 2K to fix their MyTeam system.

Gameplay wise, I don't like Live. Every one feels the same.
    it's pay to win no more than 2k's is, but is much more viable in terms of getting good fast without having to either pay an assload or put in 20 hrs a week into the game.

I made a UT literally one hour ago and so far already have a team of

MCW (84 ovr), Stauskas (72 ovr), Wroten (71 ovr), Ryan Anderson (70 ovr), Turiaf, 69 ovr

with a bench of guys ranging from Jeremy Lamb and James Young to Chase Budinger.

and I still have 1000 coins to spare and am close to unlocking a pack where I get an item worth 15k coins.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    I've tried Live and it isn't. But it isn't awful and hopefully it will continue to improve because 2K is being some money grubbing piece of shit lately. They need competition.

Remember when NFL 2k5 came out to challenge Madden? I think they set it half the price and the game quality was equal, if not better. Wish someone could give 2K some of it's own medicine.
    Yeah Live is only 30 dollars now and depending on what you want from a basketball game is arguably better.

And NFL 2K5 was 100000000000000x the game that Madden was at the time, at half the price.

2k has just became a big disappointment for me. I can't even play online because of the lag, their default settings are so retardedly unrealistic, you can score 120+ pts in 5 minute quarters just straight jacking up 3's.

The last straw for me in 2k was when, in back to back my career games with the game almost over an error message popped up and I was returned to the main screen because 2k's servers went down so I couldn't ****ing play my career because of their DRM bullshit.

I'm surprised I even bought 2k15 after that shit they pulled in 2k14 tbh. Where they made basically every ****ing thing in the game require VC to do, even something as simple as trading in My GM mode or setting your lineup.

Back to Business

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    2k11 is considered the best 2K out there because how much of an improvement ther was. 2k12? Really? Was the worse 2K behind 2k14.

It's 2k11>2k15>2k13>2k12>2k14.

everybody has a right to voice their opinion but damn this might be the dumbest shit i read all day.

u think 2k15 is better than 2k13 and 2k12? lmao.....im done. enough said

until Live gets a higher rating on IGN than 2k I wont even bring myself to play that franchise.

Live got 5.5/10 while 2k got 7.8/10 (it's lowest rating since 2k10)