Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Kiki Vandeweghe: 27 points, 7 assists vs. Worthy & Michael Cooper in 1985 Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Who's better? Only a prime Dirk would be better than Kiki.
    Kevin Love, current Dirk, Pau Gasol, Marc Gasol, etc.

All better players than him, and you know you wouldn't take Kiki over any of them.

Dude was putting up 27ppg on the Blazers, and was considered an afterthought to Clyde. Did he even make a single All NBA team? I'm gonna go ahead and say no.

He is literally cut from the same cloth as Monta Ellis. A player that made a small name for himself putting up some nice 25+ppg seasons on teams no one cared about for the most part, and that played some high tempo ball. I mean Kiki was scoring nearly 20+ppg on a Denver team that had two other 20ppg+ scorers, and ran up a score of 125 points every night. He is a nice player, kinda like Monta, but again, he came and he went.

Default Re: Kiki Vandeweghe: 27 points, 7 assists vs. Worthy & Michael Cooper in 1985 Playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

All better players than him, and you know you wouldn't take Kiki over any of them.

Dude was putting up 27ppg on the Blazers, and was considered an afterthought to Clyde. Did he even make a single All NBA team? I'm gonna go ahead and say no.

He is literally cut from the same cloth as Monta Ellis. A player that made a small name for himself putting up some nice 25+ppg seasons on teams no one cared about for the most part, and that played some high tempo ball. I mean Kiki was scoring nearly 20+ppg on a Denver team that had two other 20ppg+ scorers, and ran up a score of 125 points every night. He is a nice player, kinda like Monta, but again, he came and he went.
    Only have a handful of players (if we don't "exclude" international players) who could've had a better case... and yet you say 'not even close'

And I'd probably wouldn't even take him first, no, but (at his peak) he would've been the best scorer out of the bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking

I can't even argue against this list, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by SHAQisGOAT
    Only have a handful of players (if we don't "exclude" international players) who could've had a better case... and yet you say 'not even close'

And I'd probably wouldn't even take him first, no, but (at his peak) he would've been the best scorer out of the bunch.
    It isn't close though. They are all significantly more prominent and effective players on a basketball court. Sure, there are only a handful, but they are all clearly better.

Keep rolling your eyes though.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    vandeweghe is better than any white guy we have in the league today - just the fact that his performance here vs. Worthy and Cooper evokes references to Mash's performance vs. Pippen, says it all.

btw, vandeweghe destroys mash... i won't dignify the ricky davis comparison with a response...
    ......dirk.....dragic.....Love.....Hayward....Pars ons gortat and the gasol bros! I'm not worried about the state of white ballers. Even Kyle Korver has an ALL STAR level of impact with the way his shooting/movement/size scrambles the defense.

You bitch about the 3 point shot constantly dude. What is your issue with that? You sound like my grandpa bitching through every warriors game.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 11-19-2014 at 11:57 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    ......dirk.....dragic.....Love.....Hayward....Pars ons gortat and the gasol bros! I'm not worried about the state of white ballers. Even Kyle Korver has an ALL STAR level of impact with the way his shooting/movement/size scrambles the defense.

You bitch about the 3 point shot constantly dude. What is your issue with that? You sound like my grandpa bitching through every warriors game.
    kiki crushes hayward... did you see the OP - that's the eye test... then look at the stats - KIKI BLOWS HAYWARD AWAY.

parsons, korver, gortat??... are you kidding me.... ... you've de-legitimized yourself.

and the gasol brothers are from spain...

so all we have left is love... love is a worse scorer, but better rebounder... both suck at D or anything else... so i'd take kiki all day because he can create his own shot better and is a better shot-maker overall (can make a much wider range of shots).
    Last edited by 3ball; 11-21-2014 at 06:53 AM.

and the gasol brothers are from spain...
    ???

thanks OP for demonstrating us how shitty '80s defenses were, allowing this mulltet hobo to be considered an elite scorer in the league

bookmarked