Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: Hornets/Rockets/Pacers/Nets Trade w/Murphy, Ariza, Lee, Others...

I also think Darren Collison will have the PG job at Indy. Sorry TJ.

Quote Originally Posted by wang4three
    Troy's Morristown's finest? I don't know. I just think they find Favors not ready for a starting role at the moment and we do need a rebounder. I'm not a big fan of this, but I'm also not a big fan of Courtney Lee. It seems as if Avery wants Terrence at the 2 position anyway.

EDIT: Troy's an expiring contract. Maybe they're clearing cap again?
    I don't think it's a bad trade, but i think it's a nothing trade. Murphy is a slug, he's a guy who gets meaningless numbers on horrible teams. If you tell me he's coming off the bench i'm fine, but i think Favors needs to get the majority of the minutes. For the Nets to become this really really good team, Favors has to be a stud. I just don't want him getting less minutes to try to win 25 games instead of 22.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    This trade is good for everyone but Houston. Why give up Ariza for Lee?
    Get that contract off the books. Lee's a good little player to have on your team and they owe Ariza 6-7 million in each of the next 4 years.

Houston will actually be a good bit under the cap next summer if they dump Ariza. I'm okay with it as a Rockets fan. I thought they overpaid for him all along, but he's still a good player. He was just overpaid and playing a larger role than he should in an ideal world.

Obviously the 1st year play for Budinger was encouraging as it looks like he'll be playing a bigger role if this trade goes through.

I REALLY don't get this trade for NO. Yes, it gets rid of the other PG and gets another player for Paul, but it's a complimentary piece on a team that needs much more than that. They can't get more for Collison than this?

NBA sixth man of the year

I gotta say.....I don't like this trade at all for New Orleans. They gave up the best back-up point guard in the league (and possible future starter if Paul leaves) and they get back a younger version of James Posey (but with 2 more years on his contract). I don't like it. I bet Chris Paul doesn't like it either.

I don't see this making them better.

Not really sure why Jersey wants Murphy, though. At least it's just for a year. Figured they let Favors start right away.

Indiana's the clear winner by finally getting the point guard they've wanted for years.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    I REALLY don't get this trade for NO. Yes, it gets rid of the other PG and gets another player for Paul, but it's a complimentary piece on a team that needs much more than that. They can't get more for Collison than this?
    Ariza is a pretty good player to take a bunch of alley-oops from CP.

They should be able to get more for Collison, but other teams know the Hornets have that logjam that makes him expendable, which is why they will always be lowballed for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101

They should be able to get more for Collison, but other teams know the Hornets have that logjam that makes him expendable, which is why they will always be lowballed for him.
    So don't trade him. It's August 11th. Taking the first deal you can on August 11th?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    So don't trade him. It's August 11th. Taking the first deal you can on August 11th?
    Hey, I'm not saying it's smart. They're trying to do damage control for all the CP3 "make the team better or I'm gone" rumors.

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    I also think Darren Collison will have the PG job at Indy. Sorry TJ.
    I have to agree, in fact I think TJ Ford will be traded before the season starts. They tried to trade him last season, but couldn't find any takers.

I disagree. New Orleans made the mistake of not publicly broadcasting their intentions of dealing Collison, so teams didn't give them their best offers. I can guarantee you Charlotte would have given up much more than Trevor Ariza for the chance to take on a talent like that.

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    I disagree. New Orleans made the mistake of not publicly broadcasting their intentions of dealing Collison, so teams didn't give them their best offers. I can guarantee you Charlotte would have given up much more than Trevor Ariza for the chance to take on a talent like that.
    I'm sure that phone calls are going on constantly that we never hear about.

But, now that there is a "rumor" out there, don't you think other teams hear them and send in their own best offers?

What would Charlotte have given for Collison that New Orleans (or one of the other teams in the four-way) would have wanted?

Quote Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
    I have to agree, in fact I think TJ Ford will be traded before the season starts. They tried to trade him last season, but couldn't find any takers.
    I agree, and I'm glad he wasn't moved since Larry Brown was trying to give up Gerald Wallace to get him. I could still see him ending up in Charlotte if the Pacers are willing to take back Boris Diaw and pay him for an extra year.

I'm sure that phone calls are going on constantly that we never hear about.

But, now that there is a "rumor" out there, don't you think other teams hear them and send in their own best offers?

What would Charlotte have given for Collison that New Orleans (or one of the other teams in the four-way) would have wanted?
    Stephen Jackson for starters. If the Hornets really want to win now Jax is a better piece beside Paul than Ariza. Add in a pick or 2 and you have a much better offer.

I really don't like this trade for any team. NO can get more for Collison right now. His trade value is very high.

Banned

Meh, I woulda given up Wilson Chandler for Collison. He's around the same player as Ariza. The Knicks should've explored a trade like that before signing Felton.