Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: 10 seconds left, tied up, ball in Jordans hands. Who do you chose to defend him?

Why are people saying Artest?

He's too slow to cover him. Hell

Default Re: 10 seconds left, tied up, ball in Jordans hands. Who do you chose to defend him?

Prime KG

Prime Kobe could stay in front of him...Kobe's longer arms would make MJ miss the pull up.

Pippen. Moreso than other elite perimeter players, he has the most experience guarding MJ on a day to day basis and would be more familiar with his tendencies than anyone else.

Banned

Prime Kobe was just a beast on the defensive end. I think MJ will get his crap blocked by Kobe. This is what basically will happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhqMuo12ex4

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Prime Kobe was just a beast on the defensive end. I think MJ will get his crap blocked by Kobe. This is what basically will happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhqMuo12ex4
    Bulls win

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Prime T-Mac.

He would have done this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rxdSBgXJEQ

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Prime Kobe could stay in front of him...Kobe's longer arms would make MJ miss the pull up.
    MJ past his prime was getting clean looks on Kobe and beating him with the 1st step.

Stop the bullshit lies.

Go back and watch the tapes, Kobe had to hit tough shots on MJ while Mj was getting clean wide open looks.

With 10 seconds to go, Kobe would get beat off the dribble before he knows where his help is.

lebron?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Why are people saying Artest?

He's too slow to cover him. Hell…. Wizards MJ was giving him the business, and this was when Ron was in his physical prime.

Best answer is obviously Pip.

He would be the only one smart enough, good enough, quick enough and tall enough to defend him well.

Bron can't guard MJ, sorry.

Judging from what Marion did to him, there's no way he can defend MJ.

I'd have to say somebody from the 80s-90s with the old school rules tho. Somebody around 6'4 to stay in front of him with that much time on the clock and force him into a trap.

Glove anybody?
    Mad Max?

Anybody outside of Pip will just get beat.
    Artest was pretty quick in Chicago and early Indiana. And i believe there was a quote where MJ said that he wished he could have gone up against Artest's defense when he was in his prime (and MJ played with Artest a lot over the summers when he was making his Wizards comeback).

Also, not saying Lebron could guard MJ, but dismissing him as a defender and using one instance as evidence is ridiculous. Fine, go ahead and say that he didn't cover Marion that well, but he locked down Rose, Pierce, and Igoudala that year. This year he played great against Melo and Granger, and did better than Battier could do against Durant. So, I win 5-1 or 6-1.

Banned

Or what I would do is have another guy cover Jordan.

I would have Kobe as the hawk. He can just watch MJ and prey on him and go for the steal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=739fBtFvqw4

Lakers win.
    Last edited by 9erempiree; 08-28-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Prime T-Mac.

He would have done this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rxdSBgXJEQ
    Man I miss this version of Tmac

College superstar

Pippen or Kobe.

Pippen was the better overall defender, but Kobe is probably one of the best single possession defenders.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonyeuw
    Man I miss this version of Tmac
    Dat chronic back pain.

I blame adidas.

Quote Originally Posted by tmacattack33
    Artest was pretty quick in Chicago and early Indiana.

Not saying Lebron could guard MJ, but dismissing him as a defender and using one instance as evidence is ridiculous. Fine, go ahead and say that he didn't cover Marion that well, but he locked down Rose, Pierce, and Igoudala that year. This year he played great against Melo and Granger, and did better than Battier could do against Durant. So, I win 5-1 or 6-1.
    MJ was beating THAT Artest.

And you're correct about my initial Bron reaction. But I still think he's too slow. The reason he could defend the other players, is because they're inferior to MJ.

Combine Rose's speed, with Iggy's athleticism, Pierce's athleticism, Melo's post game and you can start to get close to MJ.

That's not even counting MJ's superior IQ and instinct.

But I will retract my statement, although I don't think he can defend MJ.