Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Mark Cuban is a FILTHY RACIST

tbh an asian dude or even fellow white dude with a hood could scare these white folks at night

in this world, you teach people how to treat you. if you walk around with your pants around your ankles and a pick stuck in your hair, you're gonna get some looks and reactions.

after all, that is what you want, right punk - attention?

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Why are people so threatened by hoodies....
    It's mostly older people.

If you went to school and grew up in the late 90's or 2000's, you know that everyone was wearing hoodies - jocks, thugs, regular people, nerds, everyone - and there was no intent behind it.

I'm guessing it was different in the 80's and below. Hooded sweatshirts probably weren't as common.

Like tattoos in the NBA right now. It's no big deal. Nobody views Lebron as a thug because of his tattoos. But if this was the 70's, he'd be one of the few guys out there with a tattoo and so people would see it as a big deal.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by mattvNJ
    Jalen is a known racist Watch the 30:30 for that Michigan team, i am fairly certain he admits it. It also is the reason he hated duke so much.(predominantly white or "uncle toms" as i think he called them).

Also, Cuban was simply stating that everyone has prejudices and you cant help others overcome that unless you work on your own prejudices. Basically saying every one will always have prejudices, beliefs or stigmas against someone different then them regardless of what they say or do. Its natural. Unfortunate, but naturally in its own right as long as one doesn't harm others, or act maliciously within those beliefs then who the **** cares.
    I don't see how Jalen's a racist. His commentary on 30 for 30 was his perspective as an 18 year old kid from the projects being thrust to the national spotlight. I don't understand how this is lost on so many people that watched it.

With that said, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH HIM? Did he even watch the interview? Its reactions like this that support criticisms against people that think any little comment pertaining to race relations is automatically racism. It seems like he's definitely matured from his Michigan days, but those tweets definitely don't reflect that.

Jalen what a retard..

Standard reaction, that's so racist against black people. Ignore all the facts and context, it's just racist.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Jalen what a retard..

Standard reaction, that's so racist against black people. Ignore all the facts and context, it's just racist.
    What context?

This species has really become retarded

Mark Cuban is a moron. He tried to have a nuanced discussion of race? In America? Americans can't think through the simplest of topics...you expect them to actually put what Cuban said in some sort of context?

NBA rookie of the year

Cuban is fine, just probably should've stayed out of this mess and not used that poorly timed analogy.

Sterling is an old racist dude and the label on him is pretty well deserved. I don't really see what the debate is. No one's saying he's Hitler, but sure he's racist and racist in a way that isn't acceptable in modern society (sorry but times have changed).

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    ...because he admitted that he would cross the street if he saw a black stranger with a hoodie approaching him (or a white dude with tattoos on his face), and explained that everyone has their prejudices and stereotypes.

http://msn.foxsports.com/college-foo...xplodes-052214

DISGUSTING. How long before this guy dons the white robes? The man is a threat to society.

I'M SO OFFENDED!
    For the same reason you have a fire extinguisher in your house...

For the same reason you carry a spare tire...

It may be unlikely, but why take the chance?

Why is that racist?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    For the same reason you have a fire extinguisher in your house...

For the same reason you carry a spare tire...

It may be unlikely, but why take the chance?

Why is that racist?
    That might not be racist in an overt sense, but if you're forbidding your girlfriend (errr ... mistress) from taking a photo with a black celebrity ... odds are you should just wear that "racist" label and stop being such a b*tch about it

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    That might not be racist imitigat sense, but if you're forbidding your girlfriend from taking a photo with a black celebrity ... odds are you should just wear that "racist" label and stop being such a b*tch about it
    No that is racist.

What Cuban said was not. Thats called risk mitigation.

People took Cuban's comments too literal. The prejudice he speaks of isn't about the skin color, it's about what the person is associated with. If you're out wearing a hoodie at night and it's not even chilly out, it doesn't matter if you're black or white or whatever, it's suspicious. Just like if the person with tattoos all over their face is black or white, it doesn't matter, it's odd to a lot of people and you don't want to deal with it.

Fact of the matter is we have our own prejudice to help protect ourselves against certain stereotypes or people we believe are a certain way just by how they looked. When I live in Cincinnati, I lived in the ghetto. You could either walk pass the person in the hoodie at night and take the chance, or take the chance of crossing the street and them noticing you even further because you're trying to avoid them.

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    No that is racist.

What Cuban said was not. Thats called risk mitigation.
    I agree, what Cuban said wasn't racist though Sterling almost certainly is one.

That said, I wonder why Cuban insists on making comments like this ... is he perhaps worried that someone might have a tape on him somewhere? (Cha-ching $$$$ for that person if so).

Say what you want about Cuban, but he's not a senile, ignorant bigot like Sterling. He's the rational, opportunistic, straight-talking businessman, not the same kind of guy.

As for hoodies, there is a racial element to the discussion no doubt. But it has to be said that some clothes and ways of carrying yourself on the street, regardless of skin color, signal intimidation to most folks. They send a mixed message of "look at me but don't look at me the wrong way because I'll punk you". And if you're a normal guy, black or white, you don't want to get intimidated walking down the street. You don't want to be part of any trouble, most likely you don't want any human interaction at all, you just want to get to wherever you want to get to.