Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Home of the 16

Default Dude gets hit by 90mph fastball in the face

https://twitter.com/ctcase10/status/...904640/photo/1

DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Banned

Default Re: Dude gets hit by 90mph fastball in the face

Closest to getting hit by a car without dying. Probably the most lethal projectile to get hit with; without dying.

Glad he is ok. Besides the swelling looks like he is going to recover just fine.

Looks like the ball is still stuck on his cheek.

Learning to shoot layups

That would make me quit baseball. Damn I bet it hurt like hell!

Reds closer Chapman got hit with a line drive back in the face. Fractured his jaw. He consistently throws over 100mph and owns the hardest recorded pitch in the MLB at 105.

Fastest recorded pitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngubly4hpHw

Chapman hit in face: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRnAXr_CLYk

Look at the batter's reaction.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

How is that not a photoshop?

Banned

Eh cricketers get hit with a much harder cricket ball all the time in a sport where people actively aim for your head as a game strategy. Piers morgan the **** got broken ribs and a broken wrist just trying to face 6 bowls from an old retired pace bowler having a laugh during the last ashes series

I post-up midgets magic chiongson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    first thing that came to mind

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    Eh cricketers get hit with a much harder cricket ball all the time in a sport where people actively aim for your head as a game strategy. Piers morgan the **** got broken ribs and a broken wrist just trying to face 6 bowls from an old retired pace bowler having a laugh during the last ashes series
    Before I seen this thread I was thinking of getting hit by a hard cricket ball to the fingers against the bat handle. Happened to my dad a few times. I think he broke his finger. I think baseball is more dangerous though.

How would it be if the caption said he got hit in the ribs lol

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Before I seen this thread I was thinking of getting hit by a hard cricket ball to the fingers against the bat handle. Happened to my dad a few times. I think he broke his finger. I think baseball is more dangerous though.

How would it be if the caption said he got hit in the ribs lol
    Don't see how you could say it's more dangerous when the balls softer and people aren't really aiming at you? plus you don't have to read the bounce or line off a pitch either. Noone is fielding in close like a silly point or bat pad either. Someone died not that long ago in the pakastani league I think it was fielding in close and got hit in the head. My old man's been concussed and had broken fingers afew times when he played grade cricket back in the day, just part of the game. Most keepers fingers look like a bag of twisties lol

Cricket ball is harder and heavier, and is certainly worse to get hit with.

can

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantomCreep
    100% legit.

Don't see how you could say it's more dangerous when the balls softer and people aren't really aiming at you? plus you don't have to read the bounce or line off a pitch either. Noone is fielding in close like a silly point or bat pad either. Someone died not that long ago in the pakastani league I think it was fielding in close and got hit in the head. My old man's been concussed and had broken fingers afew times when he played grade cricket back in the day, just part of the game. Most keepers fingers look like a bag of twisties lol
    You're right in terms of fielding. But I feel the ball being thrown in baseball is definitely at a faster rate than that of a cricket ball. There's not much cases of people being hit and suffer injuries because the pitchers are professionals. I mean their both dangerous.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    You're right in terms of fielding. But I feel the ball being thrown in baseball is definitely at a faster rate than that of a cricket ball. There's not much cases of people being hit and suffer injuries because the pitchers are professionals. I mean their both dangerous.
    What I mean is in baseball your generally trying to get the ball over the plate and the batter can step away if they lose the ball. In cricket you have to read the ball coming off the pitch and if you lose sight your pretty much stuck wearing it and bowlers are actively trying to hit you to rattle you or get an edge while your trying to get out of the way. The average pitch is baseball is probably like 85-95mph, fast bowlers in cricket can hit that. Sure you get more bowlers in between bowling slower but then you need to factor in that in baseball your only batting for a short period compared to cricket where you may face days at the crease. Both are dangerous for sure, just don't think it's right if people write off cricket and think baseball is way more dangerous or anything (not that you did that).