Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Why do people use the fact that WWE is fake to denigrate it?

mostly UFC fans trying to feel superior

Quote Originally Posted by BuffaloBill

Those are legos.... still think wrestling is fake?
    I would be dead

Banned

UFC fans are the worst. I like UFC, but I know WWE and UFC have no relation. UFC fans however are so hung up on wrestling its crazy. Go onto any MMA forum and you will see people bashing wrestling on a daily basis. Its pathetic. They are butthurt that WWE is more popular (way more popular around the world, UFC possibly more popular in US). It was funny when a "fake" wrestler Brock Lesnar came into the UFC and wiped out their Heavyweight division Imagine being a group of the worlds best fighters and a actor comes in and dick slaps you all in the face

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverHeat
    UFC fans are the worst. I like UFC, but I know WWE and UFC have no relation. UFC fans however are so hung up on wrestling its crazy. Go onto any MMA forum and you will see people bashing wrestling on a daily basis. Its pathetic. They are butthurt that WWE is more popular (way more popular around the world, UFC possibly more popular in US). It was funny when a "fake" wrestler Brock Lesnar came into the UFC and wiped out their Heavyweight division Imagine being a group of the worlds best fighters and a actor comes in and dick slaps you all in the face
    UFC is just boring, and I could be wrong but I feel like the fad is dying out. The rules have just created a restricted fighting style that is dull and the anti-thesis of entertainment.

wouldnt be surprised to see the sport die out completely in the next 15 years or so.

They bash it because WWE fans are so insecure about their hobby they turn into 15 year old girls every time someone questions their taste. Like just look at your own post.

You deflect to totally irrelevant points, just like the typical Bieber fan. "They are just mad Justin is more popular and has 1 billion views on Youtube with 1 video", "It was funny when a "fake" artist like Justin came along and took the music world by storm", "Imagine being real musicians that put years into their work and a little kid with no vocals comes in and gets more money and fame than you ever did".

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    They bash it because WWE fans are so insecure about their hobby they turn into 15 year old girls every time someone questions their taste. Like just look at your own post.

You deflect to totally irrelevant points, just like the typical Bieber fan. "They are just mad Justin is more popular and has 1 billion views on Youtube with 1 video", "It was funny when a "fake" artist like Justin came along and took the music world by storm", "Imagine being real musicians that put years into their work and a little kid with no vocals comes in and gets more money and fame than you ever did".
    My point is nothing like that. Musical skill is subjective. It is all based on opinion. You can work all your life but if no one likes your style then someone who has starting singing two minutes ago can overtake you. MMA is different since it is judged purely on the skill between the two fighters. Brock Lesnar came in and destroyed the division on his way to a World Heavyweight Title. So acting like MMA guys are way more tough than "fake" wrestlers is not that easy anymore since it was disproven, but the butthurt of MMA fans only flared up and became more painful after that saga.

Also I have never seen UFC mentioned on a WWE forum, yet UFC forums mention wrestling on a daily basis. Why is that?

My point is nothing like that. Musical skill is subjective. It is all based on opinion. You can work all your life but if no one likes your style then someone who has starting singing two minutes ago can overtake you. MMA is different since it is judged purely on the skill between the two fighters. Brock Lesnar came in and destroyed the division on his way to a World Heavyweight Title. So acting like MMA guys are way more tough than "fake" wrestlers is not that easy anymore since it was disproven, but the butthurt of MMA fans only flared up and became more painful after that saga.

Also I have never seen UFC mentioned on a WWE forum, yet UFC forums mention wrestling on a daily basis. Why is that?
    Brock Lesnar didn't really destroy anyone relevant, washed up Carwin/Mir and 50 year old Couture that was half his size. Beating that heavyweight division was same as Pacers getting 1st seed in the current East. Was a weak era, even before Brock people called UFC Heavyweight division absolute garbage for years. But when he faced real contenders in Overeem/Cain we saw what happened, he crawled up in a fetal position like a helpless baby against guys his size. Heavyweight division is the one place where you can get by with size over skill since the weight range is higher.

They mention WWE as a joke, same way we mention RealGM here as such. Usually the "rival" forum/event gets hated just because. Just the way things are.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Brock Lesnar didn't really destroy anyone relevant, washed up Carwin/Mir and 50 year old Couture that was half his size. Beating that heavyweight division was same as Pacers getting 1st seed in the current East. Was a weak era, even before Brock people called UFC Heavyweight division absolute garbage for years. But when he faced real contenders in Overeem/Cain we saw what happened, he crawled up in a fetal position like a helpless baby against guys his size. Heavyweight division is the one place where you can get by with size over skill since the weight range is higher.

They mention WWE as a joke, same way we mention RealGM here as such. Usually the "rival" forum/event gets hated just because. Just the way things are.
    Dude come on. If you have ever been to a UFC forum where they are discussing WWE, you would know they take it way deeper than a joke.

Dude come on. If you have ever been to a UFC forum where they are discussing WWE, you would know they take it way deeper than a joke.
    I only been on Sherdog and that place is like ISH of MMA, all trolling nonsense spam. They even have a dedicated WWE sub forum I think. I don't know of any other forums that even mention WWE though.