Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: OGT: Nov 27 Toronto Raptors (3-11) vs Houston Rockets (6-7)

Quote Originally Posted by Bcogswell
    Is it just me or does Lowry bug any of you guys? Don't get me wrong I think he is a hell of a player and I'm glad to have him on the team but sometimes I find myself questioning his decision making (forcing shots) and then theres times when he gets mad and he is slow running back on defence.

Speaking in general since we've acquired him, not just tonight.

I agree...if he had another big-time player on the team, it wouldn't happen so much. Harrison Barnes could have been that guy lol. One pick.

Quote Originally Posted by Whoah10115
    I agree...if he had another big-time player on the team, it wouldn't happen so much. Harrison Barnes could have been that guy lol. One pick.
    Oh how I wish we would have won the coin flip.. Barnes would have been a great fit and instant contributor to the team. Oh well, can only hope Ross turns into a good player and that Bargs gets traded (preferably for a SF).

Terrence Ross > DeMar DeRozan

I'm not just saying that from one game, it's what I've seen through their respective skill sets and Ross' college career. Ross might not be quite as explosive as DeMar, but he's a better shooter and can do a lot more on the offensive end than he's been able to show so far this season. I think by the end of next season, Ross will be the go to guy on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    Terrence Ross > DeMar DeRozan

I'm not just saying that from one game, it's what I've seen through their respective skill sets and Ross' college career. Ross might not be quite as explosive as DeMar, but he's a better shooter and can do a lot more on the offensive end than he's been able to show so far this season. I think by the end of next season, Ross will be the go to guy on the wing.

If so, he will be the SF. DeRozan is playing very well and looks like a legitimate starter in this league. And he just got paid.

Bargnani now has to be moved...And they have to want a PF. Maybe Jefferson. Maybe Millsap (better defender and more versatile, probably cheaper). Maybe even a guy like Josh Smith, if Lowry assumes the leadership roles thru it all.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Derozan still can't shoot or create off the dribble. He's basically the exact same player as last year. He is definitely not "playing very well" unless you value inefficient volume scorers. That contract is still ridiculous.

I'd be all for Ross getting a shot over him or any of the garbage small forwards on the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Derozan still can't shoot or create off the dribble. He's basically the exact same player as last year. He is definitely not "playing very well" unless you value inefficient volume scorers. That contract is still ridiculous.

I'd be all for Ross getting a shot over him or any of the garbage small forwards on the roster.

I disagree. He gets to the rim, has good footwork, is athletic and puts it in the basket...on a team that's ass right now.