Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-11-2014, 10:23 PM   #1591
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Ish Official Fit-club

Quote:
Originally Posted by abuC
This thread really died down, I was slacking a little lately but I've turned it around and have been doing well now. I was stronger this time last year, but I think I prefer how I'm built now as I've leaned out a bit, arms are the same size, lost a little chest size but I had more than enough to go around.

I think I've reached a point where I no longer have any goals, and will just to maintenance work to keep myself in shape. I still need to cut a couple more lbs so my abs will really pop, but after that I might make a switch to body weight training just to keep things fresh.
Yeah, I've kinda stop posting in here. Just ran out of things to talk about. But I've been non-stop with the training...been doing 6 days a week for about 3 months now (summer sched.) Going to take some time off in the winter maybe up to a month.

Glad to hear you basically hit your goals. I think I'm still about a year away.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:16 PM   #1592
Im Still Ballin
Banned

Im Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Backs feeling good today so I will go back to low bar and deadlifts today. Wondering what a reasonable goal is for weight/BF%?

I am around 6-1, slightly long limbs. Maybe 90kgs (200 pounds) at 12%? and 500/400/300 Deadlift/Squat/Bench? Long way to go but I'll get there. 200 pounds at 12% is 24 pounds non LBM so 176 LBM, maybe a little higher? 180-190 LBM at 6-1 with slightly long limbs seems pretty end game? Attainable? Would be cool to be 220 at BF between 12-15%? Seems like a bit of a stretch. Wish I was my brothers height, 6-3 exactly.
Im Still Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:40 PM   #1593
NBAplayoffs2001
Undisputed Champion

NBAplayoffs2001 has decent reputationNBAplayoffs2001 has decent reputation

5'9'' 160. About 13% Body Fat. Max bench is about 190. Haven't been inside a gym in forever due to a busy summer. Can't wait to get back.
NBAplayoffs2001 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:27 AM   #1594
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Yeah, I've kinda stop posting in here. Just ran out of things to talk about. But I've been non-stop with the training...been doing 6 days a week for about 3 months now (summer sched.) Going to take some time off in the winter maybe up to a month.

Glad to hear you basically hit your goals. I think I'm still about a year away.

I've been going irregular days, going to ramp it up to 6 days as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
Backs feeling good today so I will go back to low bar and deadlifts today. Wondering what a reasonable goal is for weight/BF%?

I am around 6-1, slightly long limbs. Maybe 90kgs (200 pounds) at 12%? and 500/400/300 Deadlift/Squat/Bench? Long way to go but I'll get there. 200 pounds at 12% is 24 pounds non LBM so 176 LBM, maybe a little higher? 180-190 LBM at 6-1 with slightly long limbs seems pretty end game? Attainable? Would be cool to be 220 at BF between 12-15%? Seems like a bit of a stretch. Wish I was my brothers height, 6-3 exactly.

http://www.weightrainer.net/bodypred.html

Try using that, I'm the same height as you and last year I was 246lbs with about 14% body fat but I have large wrists (8.25") and ankles (11.25") so my frame can hold a lot of mass. I've lost a bit of mass from last year, but I should be around 210-215lbs when I get down to 10-11% body fat.
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 01:58 PM   #1595
2LeTTeRS
Retired Bloggissist

2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster2LeTTeRS is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

So after quitting on my New Years Resolution; both me and my son's mother have started working out about 2 weeks ago using the Daily Burn TBT program and have made dietary changes (i.e. egg whites instead of egg yolk, grilled/baked food instead of fried, no soda and limited amounts of juice, etc. along with smaller portions) and we're both about 5-10 pounds down.

We still have about 20-30 pounds to go (I'm currently 6'3 and about 235); but feeling confident that we'll stick to it this time.
2LeTTeRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:35 AM   #1596
abuC
Cuba

abuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected posterabuC is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
So after quitting on my New Years Resolution; both me and my son's mother have started working out about 2 weeks ago using the Daily Burn TBT program and have made dietary changes (i.e. egg whites instead of egg yolk, grilled/baked food instead of fried, no soda and limited amounts of juice, etc. along with smaller portions) and we're both about 5-10 pounds down.

We still have about 20-30 pounds to go (I'm currently 6'3 and about 235); but feeling confident that we'll stick to it this time.

You want a good insurance plan for hitting your goal weight:

https://www.healthywage.com/

I stand to make $503 by the end of my cut
abuC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 06:31 AM   #1597
Im Still Ballin
Banned

Im Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm Still Ballin has one of the lowest reputations on this board

falling in love with barbell lunges while I progressively recover with a low back injury. In the past I would just not do anything when i hurt my low back, but now that I think about it... kind of stupid, everyone gets niggles, just have to work around them, strengthen the other areas...

Bit homo to do in the gym but who gives a ****, love doing barbell hip thrusts, keeps my glutes extremely activated and strong and plump for the ladies (no homo). Feel when I am strongest at the glutes, everything is distributed better, definitely helps the low back. Swear to god the girls should be doing bb hip thrusts... The mass that can be accumulated from the exercise, oh man. Can load pretty heavy as well, got to be careful with hip hyperextension though, I just use a posterior pelvic tilt and my low back is safe...

Hopefully next week can get back to squatting heavy 3x a week as well as deadlifting again.. Feel like I am going in 1st gear not lifting like that.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:12 AM   #1598
DwnShft2Xcelr8
Next LAL Coach

DwnShft2Xcelr8 has an OK reputation so far

Cycle 2, Week 4 of AllPro's Beginner Routine.
I recently found out that creatine is more impactful than I gave it credit for. I had no idea. I gave up creatine use after ~7 days of usage because I didn't see an immediate impact. Last time I remember using any creatine was in early June.
I'm getting back on it. I wonder how much stronger I would've been now if I hadn't stopped using it.
DwnShft2Xcelr8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 07:18 AM   #1599
Im Still Ballin
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnShft2Xcelr8
Cycle 2, Week 4 of AllPro's Beginner Routine.
I recently found out that creatine is more impactful than I gave it credit for. I had no idea. I gave up creatine use after ~7 days of usage because I didn't see an immediate impact. Last time I remember using any creatine was in early June.
I'm getting back on it. I wonder how much stronger I would've been now if I hadn't stopped using it.
Yeah its one of the actual useful supplements, I didn't worry about loading, just 3-5g a day, saturation levels are the same about 3 weeks later loading vs non. Cheap, effective, if it helps you get a couple more reps in, or a little heavier, that adds up to a lot over time.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: