Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: Welcome to Motor City, Reggie Jackson

I'd offer any of Love,Lamarcus,Kawhii etc., but I don't see any of them coming.

NBA lottery pick

There was an article today saying LMA might actually test the market and consider another team. I don't see how it could be for bargaining reasons. He's already going to get a max offer and Portland can offer the most money. There's reports he's not necessarily happy there though. Love might bounce Cleveland, who knows. It's not for the Pistons though. That wouldn't make much sense unless he was really that mad at the Cavs organization and really wanted to face Lebron a bunch of times. I don't see that. The Spurs aren't letting Leonard go anywhere.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus

I'd take him and Middleton on max deals. Pair them with Porzingis, trade Jennings for Channing Frye.
    Not sure who in their right mind would offer Middleton anything close to a Max deal. Good to great defender, good shooter, good versatility and mindset. I can't see him getting a deal better than say, Deng... Great piece to have though and I would love him back on the Pistons.

NBA lottery pick

I read an article saying that there may be a team that does because there could be a bidding war for him. SF's are tough to come by right now. I don't think it's a smart move though.

Decent college freshman

The analytics love him. He was a top 10 player in the league according to RPM this year. He's a great shooter and great defender. Moves well without the ball and while not a plus shot creator, he's better than a Danny Green or other 3 and D types. Plus we'd be trying to pry him from a division rival via restricted free agency.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    There was an article today saying LMA might actually test the market and consider another team. I don't see how it could be for bargaining reasons. He's already going to get a max offer and Portland can offer the most money. There's reports he's not necessarily happy there though. Love might bounce Cleveland, who knows. It's not for the Pistons though. That wouldn't make much sense unless he was really that mad at the Cavs organization and really wanted to face Lebron a bunch of times. I don't see that. The Spurs aren't letting Leonard go anywhere.
    Hey, I'd offer LMA without question.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    The analytics love him. He was a top 10 player in the league according to RPM this year. He's a great shooter and great defender. Moves well without the ball and while not a plus shot creator, he's better than a Danny Green or other 3 and D types. Plus we'd be trying to pry him from a division rival via restricted free agency.
    I saw the article about the analytics of his play. I'd like to have him back, but definitely not as a max contract player. He's at the right age if he was really smart he'd sign a one or two year deal and let the new CBA kick in and then really get paid. Players salaries are really going to increase after 2017. Then I could see paying him that kind of money.

I just find it hard to offer a player a max when his career best season is what, 14.5 points, 4.5 rebounds on 46% FG%. Granted he is an elite defender, it is still hard to see a player like that transitioning to a max contract player. Also, he has had 1 good year, I am very hesitant to offer players a max contract after just one good year...

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    I just find it hard to offer a player a max when his career best season is what, 14.5 points, 4.5 rebounds on 46% FG%. Granted he is an elite defender, it is still hard to see a player like that transitioning to a max contract player. Also, he has had 1 good year, I am very hesitant to offer players a max contract after just one good year...
    Yea, overpaid a little maybe. But to max Middleton out would be crazy talk as of right now.

Decent college freshman

Its a league where guys like Chandler Parsons get maxed, especially in restricted free agency. I'm far from guaranteeing Middlelton will get the max, but he did shoot 40%+ from 3 in both of the last two years and that has a ton of value in today's NBA. His combination of 3 point shooting and defense at the SF position is exactly what we need too. Plus we'd be prying him from a division rival

He is like... a 5th option on offense, which is perfectly fine - I love the way he plays offense but which other guys in the league can earn a near max deal being a 5th option type of player? Would he have even started this year if Parker didn't go down?

I think he is a great 3 n D guy with great IQ and chemistry - but if players like him start getting close to the max then it is a sad day...

Decent college freshman

Middle market teams usually end up sitting around wishing someone would take their cap space or they give it to someone like Josh Smith. I'd rather overpay a player I truly value(from a division rival) than not spend that money. You have to put a high value on shooters, especially if they defend, if you want to build around Jackson and Drummond.

NBA lottery pick

We gave that player to the division rival in the first place lol. No way is he a max contract player.

Several general managers and executives told SheridanHoops they believe Khris Middleton, who has become a go-to guy for the playoff-bound Milwaukee Bucks, is worth $10 million annually and can get roughly a four-year, $40 million offer this summer as a restricted free agent.
    Based on everything he's shown, he's laying the foundation to be a very good two-way player—if not a great one. That's why an annual salary in the neighborhood of $8 million not only seems reasonable, but it looks like a bargain.
    A few estimates floating around, I think 4 years @ 40 mill would be about the inflated market price for him, someone will be willing to spend this - similar to the Deng contract...

I think I would probably take a long hard look at DeMarre Carroll for the Pistons SF position. 50% FG and 41% 3PT - as well as being a reat wing defender and team player.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    A few estimates floating around, I think 4 years @ 40 mill would be about the inflated market price for him, someone will be willing to spend this - similar to the Deng contract...

I think I would probably take a long hard look at DeMarre Carroll for the Pistons SF position. 50% FG and 41% 3PT - as well as being a reat wing defender and team player.
    I'm a Carroll fan.

If 4/40 is his worth, you have to pay more to get a restricted free agent to leave. Especially from a division rival.A max starts at around 16. Maybe it doesn't get that high, but meeting in the middle and calling it around 13 is far from ridiculous. Not to mention that you are going to have to give him a reason to pick Detroit over a bigger and/or warmer city.

You also have to realize the cap is flying up and thus salaries will too. A guy worth 8-10 mil a few years ago is going to be worth (in percentage of cap) 12-15 mil very soon.