Default Re: Are you cultured?

I am a Renaissance man.

Banned

[QUOTE=Im Still Ballin]

[I][CENTER]Je me consid

5-time NBA All-Star

Just have manners and basic respect for human beings.

That's good enough.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
    Just have manners and basic respect for human beings.

That's good enough.
    You're killing it these days. Being cultured also doesn't mean being pretentious.

For example, I've been to probably the most beautiful beaches in the world but am I going to be an ass when offered to go to the beach in Texas and complain that it's nothing like Australia the entire time? Nah. Same with eating sushi in USA etc.

Being cultured will come off naturally to other people because you may view the world different and cause you to carry yourself differently than you did in previous years but at the same time not be unrecognizable to your friends.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    I do yoga, crossfit, pilates, I love eating new food AND I am a world traveler!
    /every chick on tinder

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    You're killing it these days. Being cultured also doesn't mean being pretentious.

For example, I've been to probably the most beautiful beaches in the world but am I going to be an ass when offered to go to the beach in Texas and complain that it's nothing like Australia the entire time? Nah. Same with eating sushi in USA etc.

Being cultured will come off naturally to other people because you may view the world different and cause you to carry yourself differently than you did in previous years but at the same time not be unrecognizable to your friends.
    That's just an indirect form of bragging, thus more boorish than it is cultured.

I don't think there's a better definition of the cultured and independent person than that of Burke:

[QUOTE]A true natural aristocracy is not a separate interest in the state, or separable from it. It is an essential integrant part of any large body rightly constituted. It is formed out of a class of legitimate presumptions, which taken as generalities, must be admitted for actual truths. To be bred in a place of estimation; to see nothing low and sordid from one

Quote Originally Posted by Dresta
    That's just an indirect form of bragging, thus more boorish than it is cultured.

I don't think there's a better definition of the cultured and independent person than that of Burke:

Every successful civilisation has had such a class of people at the helm, and they help to spread civility, because such example encourages emulation. And it unvarying provides better leadership than the petty squabbling and collusion of oligarchs and corrupted career-men we see today.

We've neglected the importance of cultivating superior leadership, and look at the result, throughout the entire "democratic" West.
    Valid perception. It's a delusion of cultured I guess.

I like that guys definition. Thanks for posting.