Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Banned

Default Re: Erdogan declares state of emergency

No worries the world is a safer place.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Young
    A Muslim Hitler has potential to eclipse regular Hitler.

Erdogan finally showing his true colours (not that they weren't already long visible to anyone paying attention and whose mind hasn't been distorted by ideological claptrap):

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36925723

Turkey's president has blasted remarks by top US general Joseph Votel in the wake of the failed coup, accusing him of being "on the side of the plotters".

Gen Votel, head of US Central Command, said jailing some military leaders could damage Turkish-American military co-operation.

President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Gen Votel should thank Turkey for securing democracy.

Gen Votel had said on Thursday: "We have certainly had relationships with a lot of Turkish leaders - military leaders in particular. I am concerned about what the impact is on those relationships as we continue."

President Erdogan said on Friday: "It's not up to you to make that decision. Who are you? Know your place! You are taking the side of coup plotters instead of thanking this state for defeating the coup attempt."

He added: "They [the critics] say, 'We worry for [Turkey's] future'. But what are these gentlemen worried about? Whether the numbers of detained and arrested will increase? If they are guilty, they will increase."

Mr Erdogan also said: "My people know who is behind this scheme... they know who the superior intelligence behind it is, and with these statements you are revealing yourselves, you are giving yourselves away."
    They have established a "traitors cemetery" for the deceased coup plotters. I'm not surprised the military has been getting pissed with Erdogan. They are the ones dying in the increasingly violent civil war that is now going on in Turkey (and which no-one bothers to talk about):

https://twitter.com/Conflicts/status/758210300797677568

I've been calling for the need to get Turkey out of NATO for ages now. I remember DonDadda singing Erdogan's praises not long ago--how many times does this idiot have to be completely wrong before he shuts up?