Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Default 11/09/13 Game Thread: Philadelphia 76ers @ Cleveland Cavaliers, 7:30 PM ET

[COLOR="Blue"]Philadelphia 76ers[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="White"]_[/COLOR]C - Spencer Hawes
    PF - Thaddeus Young
    SF - Evan Turner
    SG - James Anderson
    PG - Michael Carter-Williams

[COLOR="DarkRed"]Cleveland Cavaliers[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="White"]_[/COLOR]C - Anderson Varejao
    PF - Tristan Thompson
    SF - Earl Clark
    SG - Dion Waiters
    PG - Kyrie Irving

Quote Originally Posted by ESPN
    A night after knocking off Cleveland in Andrew Bynum's return to Philadelphia, the 76ers look to continue their success over the Cavaliers by sweeping this home-and-home set.

The surprising Atlantic Division leaders will try to win their first two road games for the first time in 13 years Saturday night when they go after their 10th win in 11 meetings with the Cavaliers.

Following consecutive home losses to Golden State and Washington by a total of 34 points, Philadelphia (4-2) got back on track by cruising to a 94-79 victory over visiting Cleveland (2-4) on Friday.

While they were predicted by most to be among the worst teams in the league, the 76ers are beginning to open some eyes as they sit atop the Atlantic through six games.

"We have a young, hard-working group of guys in here and we all have a lot to prove," said Thaddeus Young, who had 16 points and eight rebounds. "We just need to stick together and I think our confidence is growing with each win."

Evan Turner looks to continue his hot start after posting 22 points, 10 rebounds and five assists Friday. Turner had 23 and 13 rebounds in a 97-87 win in Philadelphia's most recent trip to Cleveland on March 29.

Now the 76ers are hitting the road for the first time since a 109-102 victory at Washington on Nov. 1. They haven't won their first two road contests since a 10-0 start during the 2000-01 season -- the last time they won the division.

Philadelphia seemed to make significant strides defensively Friday, holding the Cavaliers to a season-low 33.3 percent shooting after allowing 108.4 points per game on 45.2 percent shooting in its previous five. The 76ers trailed 28-14 in the first quarter before limiting Cleveland to 51 points over the final three quarters.

"We need some grittiness and some toughness to surface, especially on the road," coach Mike Brown said. "Right now, it's not happening and I don't know if it's because we don't have the home crowd giving us a little extra energy or what it is."

The Cavaliers, however, also have struggled at home against Philadelphia, shooting 41.5 percent and averaging 88.2 points while losing four of five meetings.

Kyrie Irving, scoring a team-high 16.7 per game, hopes to regroup after finishing with a season-low 10 on 4-of-17 shooting. The star guard has averaged 8.8 points while shooting 17 for 60 (28.3 percent) in five games against the 76ers -- all losses.

Bynum finished with four points and five rebounds in his first game back in Philadelphia since sitting out his only season with the 76ers because of bilateral bone bruises in both knees.

The former All-Star center, who signed a two-year, $24 million deal with the Cavaliers in July, is expected to sit out the return leg of this back-to-back in an effort to preserve those ailing knees.

The Cavaliers also might be without top draft pick Anthony Bennett as they look to bounce back by improving to 3-0 at home. They haven't won their first three home games since LeBron James led them to 23 straight victories in Cleveland to open the 2008-09 campaign.

Bennett, 1 for 20 from the field through six games, is uncertain after going down with a sprained right shoulder in Friday's loss.

Default Re: 11/09/13 Game Thread: Philadelphia 76ers @ Cleveland Cavaliers, 7:30 PM ET

Basically to sum it up. The Sixers whooped our ass in Philly. This is a back-to-back now in Cleveland. Cavaliers are without Bynum (rest) and probably Bennett too I'm guessing (shoulder). I would be surprised if we won this game considering how horrible we played for 36 minutes last night.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: 11/09/13 Game Thread: Philadelphia 76ers @ Cleveland Cavaliers, 7:30 PM ET

Hopefully the team's shooting woes end tonight. That especially goes for Kyrie who, with the exception of the last five minutes against Milwaukee, has been pretty horrific when it comes to scoring efficiency. I think when he starts shooting well, the rest of the team will follow.

Lots of growing pains so far this year. I do still think this team has the potential and ability to be good. The question is whether these guys can mesh before they get too far below .500.

I feel like tonight is about as big as it gets for a game in November.

Kyrie starts 1-3... 0-1 on 3 tries.

Wake UP!

Lets go Cavs!

A couple things...

at Varejao on that chase down block. I bet we won't see that again this season.

at the official talking to Varejao when it came back from the TV break. I'm imagining the official say "I didn't call that foul because you're ass flopped hardcore."

Cavs offense is moving, but it's done this the last few games in the first quarter. Can they keep doing it?

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Lets go Cavs!
    Worst fan ever. Don't even try to hide your hope your team is tanking.

Surprising...

Bennett back in the game after spraining his shoulder. I'm curious if he'll score more points this game than he has at all this season...

I have to say this. Out of everyone Miles had stepped out more than anyone. He's taking jumpers without hesitation and just sinking them.

Cavaliers score 30 points in the first quarter this game. Let's see how the next 36 minutes go.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

I'm trying to understand why we had Jack and Dellevedova in at the same time for so long like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I have to say this. Out of everyone Miles had stepped out more than anyone. He's taking jumpers without hesitation and just sinking them.
    I came in the thread specifically to point out how well Miles is playing offensively right now. I doubt many people realize he's averaging 14+ points a game on a red hot 53+% from the field and 40% from range in just 20 minutes a night.

He's been lights-out. Doubt he keeps it up, but then again he's never lived up to his actual talent. Who knows.

If he does keep up this kind of consistency, he's got 6th man of the year potential.

Quote Originally Posted by FatComputerNerd
    I'm trying to understand why we had Jack and Dellevedova in at the same time for so long like that.
    Early in the season... Trying out different lineups to see who meshes well.

Jack is more of a combo than a conventional PG anyway. I don't mind trying different guys together at this stage.

And, we have a Kyrie Irving sighting, offensively.

Great college starter FatComputerNerd's Avatar

Nice pass by kyrie there