Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Knicks plan to fire Fizdale

per Bleacher Report

Steve Mills plans to fire Fizzy

Default Re: Knicks plan to fire Fizdale

Are the Knicks still in the league?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Why is this leaking? And why don't they just do it already if it's true? Knicks.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Duh, especially after that press conference. Fiz is a big phony anyway. I thought maybe he'd learn and grow from his Memphis stint, but he's as clueless as ever. Just not even close to head coach material, to the point where he's embarrassing both himself and any organization that puts faith in him.

I'd say at this point he's probably not getting another HC chance, so just wild out for the next games and really force em to fire you. 5 pf lineup incoming!

At least he can go home to his instagram model 'hot' wife.

trading porzingis for bunch of trashes alone should get him fired & arrested.

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    Duh, especially after that press conference. Fiz is a big phony anyway. I thought maybe he'd learn and grow from his Memphis stint, but he's as clueless as ever. Just not even close to head coach material.

I'd say at this point he's probably not getting another HC chance, so just wild out for the next games and really force em to fire you. 5 pf lineup incoming!
    So let's say he's awful and deserves to get fired. Do you have faith that the same people that picked this awful coach will now do a good job?

Also: If you are an established coach, would you want this job after the speed with which Fizdale is getting fired? They can, of course, get a coach, and a young ambitious coach could be a good coach, whoever the hot prospect from the NCAA is this year. But would a coach that can pick between NY and NO choose the Knicks? If you can choose between the Kings and the Knicks, do you choose the Knicks? I wouldn't. Minimal talent on the roster and even less loyalty from the front office.

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin
    I do wonder who the Knicks have to show for that deal. They didn't have to do it. Who trades a superstar potential big that can only enter into restricted free agency?

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I do wonder who the Knicks have to show for that deal. They didn't have to do it. Who trades a superstar potential big that can only enter into restricted free agency?
    Weren't they banking on Durant and Kyrie signing and drafting Zion?

So let's say he's awful and deserves to get fired. Do you have faith that the same people that picked this awful coach will now do a good job?

Also: If you are an established coach, would you want this job after the speed with which Fizdale is getting fired? They can, of course, get a coach, and a young ambitious coach could be a good coach, whoever the hot prospect from the NCAA is this year. But would a coach that can pick between NY and NO choose the Knicks? If you can choose between the Kings and the Knicks, do you choose the Knicks? I wouldn't. Minimal talent on the roster and even less loyalty from the front office.
    1) No, I have no faith in that front office. But I'm a Grizz fan and can tell you first hand (well, close to first hand) that Fizdale isn't worth any more longshot hope. There's zero point in giving him any more time. I tried to hold out on bashing him for the first year he was with NY just out of respect that a person can learn and grow, but he's still the same spaz.

2) I think there are a number of top assistants that will always take any head coach opening no matter the circumstances. Someone will believe (rightly or wrongly) that this is their big chance to make a name for themselves. And I believe out of that pool of top assistants, there's a huge percent chance you'll get someone better than David Fizdale. The dude rode being 'tight' with Lebron James and Dwyane Wade (aka he was around and those dudes saw his wife and figured he had it going on) into TWO head coach opportunities.
    Last edited by brooks_thompson; 11-12-2019 at 12:48 AM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bobopenguin
    The trade wasn't as bad as it is made out to be.

I love KP and glad the Mavs got him, but he is so far from a sure thing.

Knicks dumped bad salary, got a young player, an unprotected first, and a top 10 protected first.

I mean...it isn't terrible for a player with KP's injury history.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    The trade wasn't as bad as it is made out to be.

I love KP and glad the Mavs got him, but he is so far from a sure thing.

Knicks dumped bad salary, got a young player, an unprotected first, and a top 10 protected first.

I mean...it isn't terrible for a player with KP's injury history.
    Despite the fact that Fizdale isn't responsible for any of this...I agree with you on the KP move. Guy wanted out, so it's not bad at all. DSj just turned out to be a crappy prospect. NY management still sucks, but moving on from Porzingis like they did doesn't strike me as an egregious decision.

9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Weren't they banking on Durant and Kyrie signing and drafting Zion?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

When the Knicks manage to win 40+ games what they do will become news. Until then...

Wish we could Fire Dolan instead

Yes, of course.

If you're an established coach with a track record, you've basically got a free hand. Nobody will blame you for failing with the Knicks, it's a write off.

If you do manage to succeed, you're a hero in an iconic basketball environment and the Knicks will dish out massive $$$ to keep you.

Knicks job should be a no brainer for anyone, except of course if you're Kerr and have a chance to walk into a dynasty situation instead.