Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: SMH @ Kobe Stans

Quote Originally Posted by 7_cody
    How the f*** did Pau Gasol become so overrated?

Anyway, I can't argue with you idiots. You look at stats and that's it. Pau Gasol does not rotate, he does not box out, he didn't do ANTHING he was supposed to do. In fact, he did so horribly when we lost to the Mavericks that even PHIL JACKSON started cussing him out loudly, in front of the team bench, on camera and all. When you can't box out, you can't play defense, you can't catch the ball without turning it over...

Even against the Celtics he played horrible. People forget that everyone played horrible, both teams.
    What are you talking about, man? Here on ISH, Pau Gasol is a "dominant big man".

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    What are you talking about, man? Here on ISH, Pau Gasol is a "dominant big man".

What's dominant is being double teamed every game, so that every opponent designs their entire defense to stop you, so that your teammates are dealing with better floor spacing, easier shot opportunities, so that the best defender is almost always not guarding anyone on the Lakers team except Kobe, so that the entire dynamic of the game is changed in the favor of every Laker except Kobe in regards to individual performance.

What stat keeps track of that again?

...... -crickets- ....

Do you know how Pau Gasol gets treated by the defense? No Coach is going to set up his defense to deny him the ball. It's all about Kobe, and for good reason.

Pau Gasol, a pretty damn good player, is overrated as hell on ISH. He's nowhere near Kobe or Shaq.

The idea that some people actually were making comparisons of the 10' Lakers to hype up Gasol as a dominant big man was more of an to Shaq than anything. The idea of mentioning Prime Shaq and Gasol in the same brings tears to my eyes.

Great PF though

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    You've been here since 2006, have 10,000+ posts, and don't know who RG is?

Lets just say he's been banned from this forum more than a dozen times.
    sorry musta missed that on the last episode of tmz.

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    sorry musta missed that on the last episode of tmz.
    So in essence you enjoy the trolling on this forum. Gotcha. If all 10,593 posts of yours are like this, I can see why you'd be embarrassed to post more often.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    So in essence you enjoy the trolling on this forum. Gotcha. If all 10,593 posts of yours are like this, I can see why you'd be embarrassed to post more often.
    If you've been around since the old board you'd be trolling these threads as well. every kobe discussion possible has been discussed at least 3 or 4 times. Some dozens of times.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    So I was playing some ball today at the rec, and these people were talking bout how LeBron sucks and that Kobe is the best. I inturrupted their conversation and was like, "You can't be serious, right?"

They got all mad at me right off the bat. Started saying that Kobe is the second greatest player behind MJ, that Kobe is better than anyone at the moment and that the Lakers will win at least two more titles, making Kobe the greatest player of all time.

My boy and I ended up whooping their ass though.
    seems like you met some ISH posters...

Honestly I've had some of the dumbest arguments about sports on a ball court.

I remember one time a guy to me just said that greg pop or Phil jackson were never great coaches they just had great players and sat around and did nothing.

I mean how do I even respond to that >.>

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku

By the way people on ISH talk about Pau, you'd think he is the Wilt Chamberlain of our era and averages 50 points and 30 rebounds a game

Pau Gasol isn't even THAT great. He is just okay. It's blatantly obvious that Kobe is the best player on that team by FAR. Anybody that thinks otherwise is retarded.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 7_cody
    How the f*** did Pau Gasol become so overrated?

How dare you insult the most dominant big ever.

Look at his epicness before joining LA:
    0 MVP votes
    0 All-NBA Teams
    1 All-Star appearance
    Not even regarded as top 5 at his own position.
    Not even regarded as a top 15 player.
    Swept in PS three straight seasons

Damn.

Washed up streetballer ACCBaller1403's Avatar

I remember multiple threads on ISH after Pau went to the Lakers and they won their first PS (Post-Shaq) titlle, that Pau was the best PF in the league, shit all over Dirk, even people claiming that he was better than a starting-to-age Duncan.

He was REALLY overrated then. Now? He's underrated by Lakers fans due to his recent poor performance and slightly overrated by everyone outside of LakerLand (or non-bandwagon fans) in a slight to Kobe.

Where is he actually? A top 5 PF that is very skilled but a bit mentally weak. Without him, the Lakers wouldn't have won either of those 2 titles. With him they're contenders, but it's quite obvious that Kobe is the alpha male and leader of that team.

Both sides need to calm down and reach a happy equilibrium instead of making ridiculous arguments like Pau is horrible or Pau was the real Finals MVP. Both are just as crazy as the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    By the way people on ISH talk about Pau, you'd think he is the Wilt Chamberlain of our era and averages 50 points and 30 rebounds a game

Pau Gasol isn't even THAT great. He is just okay. It's blatantly obvious that Kobe is the best player on that team by FAR. Anybody that thinks otherwise is retarded.