Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Shaq Uncut: How it ended in Miami

Shaq would never have made it with the Lakers when Pat Riley was coaching them. Riles was tough then. Heck you know if he rode Kareem, Magic, Coop, Worthy, and the rest of the team; trying to motivate them, he was going to do the same with Shaq. Riles was trying to make Shaq see his unlimited potential. I just know I will not by this book. I am waiting until Kobe drops his book one day.
    Last edited by JellyBean; 11-13-2011 at 10:57 AM.

I always felt like he could have done more with his career, if it wasn't for his nasty lazy streak. When a man is given his frame, and that is combined with his physical gifts, it's hard to replicate the same degree of hunger/tenacity that a smaller man would have.

Plus, Shaq is seemingly a man with a multitude of interests. He never seemed to be the type of live/breathe/sleep basketball. For a man like Riley, he's consumed with winning, and anyone who doesn't share that obsession.....yeah, there were bound to be problems.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    Shaq would never have made it with the Lakers when Pat Riley was coaching them. Riles was tough then. Heck you know if he rode Kareem, Magic, Coop, Worthy, and the rest of the team; trying to motivate them, he was going to do the same with Shaq. Riles was trying to make Shaq see his unlimited potential. I just know I will not by this book. I am waiting until Kobe drops his book one day.

Kobe write a tell all? I wouldn't bet on it.

If he writes a book it will be about the fundamentals of basketball not anything the casual fan would be interest in.