The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Default why do jordan spiz'ike's cost more than retro air jordan's?

I started paying attention to the sneaker game a few weeks ago after ignoring it for the past decade or so and didn't even know what Jordan Spiz'ikes were all this time.

Jordan Spiz'ike ($174.99)

Air Jordan 4 ($159.99)

The design on the Spiz'ike's does look more elaborate and intricate than most Jordans, but I'm still surprised the official 'Air Jordan' name doesn't trump it in value.
    Last edited by HardwoodLegend; 05-28-2013 at 02:46 AM.

Banned

Default Re: why do jordan spiz'ike's cost more than retro air jordan's?

I've notice that too but I think the spikes are the new Air Jordans, without the name.

They are all hybrids of previous J's. Looks nice. I like the Spikes more than the original one you showed, even though those were one of my favorite J's.

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Not sure, but the Spiz'ike's have some awesome color ways. DJ Augustin was rocking some sick black and yellow ones during the playoffs. Kind of want to pick up a pair, but i dont usually like ballin in jordans considering most of them at bulky and heavy and i would never wear bball sneakers other than on a court. I feel white dudes dont look good rocking basketball shoes as casual wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Levity
    Not sure, but the Spiz'ike's have some awesome color ways. DJ Augustin was rocking some sick black and yellow ones during the playoffs.
    Those were the Air Jordan 4 in 'Thunder' colorway actually.

I feel white dudes dont look good rocking basketball shoes as casual wear.
    Strange fashion rule. Never heard that one, lol.

All depends on what you're wearing. Abercrombie & Fitch type clothing doesn't go well with them. I think Justin Timberlake pulls it off with urban wear.

Joel Madden looks strange in them with his clothing choice.

Tom Cruise should maybe stay away though.

I love my dude Jason Sudeikis for reppin the Jordan's hard though.

nothing jordan brand does for their price range make any sense. they just charge the highest price they can imagine and it doesnt matter. people will buy it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by DuMa
    nothing jordan brand does for their price range make any sense. they just charge the highest price they can imagine and it doesnt matter. people will buy it anyway
    Due to the fact that I'm one of the Jordan brand's hypnotized b*tches, I thank them for their generosity in not raising the prices even further.

They could get away with jacking up the Air Jordan Retros to $200 and still sell out every time. So, I honestly don't know why they don't do that and price everything else in their line just below it.

I genuinely like the way most retro AJ's look and will continue to purchase my favorite models.

I also like a non-AJ shoe that no one else seems to like. It's the only non-AJ shoe I've purchased since it was on sale for $99. The Jordan Flight Luminary.

The comfort is amazing when you try it on for the first time but the more I wear it, the more I hate how high it is though. Definitely not a shoe to play ball in either as the ankle support is flimsy.
    Last edited by HardwoodLegend; 06-15-2013 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
    Due to the fact that I'm one of the Jordan brand's hypnotized b*tches, I thank them for their generosity in not raising the prices even further.

They could get away with jacking up the Air Jordan Retros to $200 and still sell out every time. So, I honestly don't know why they don't do that and price everything else in their line just below it.

I genuinely like the way most retro AJ's look and will continue to purchase my favorite models.

I also like a non-AJ shoe that no one else seems to like. It's the only non-AJ shoe I've purchased since it was on sale for $99. The Jordan Flight Luminary.

The comfort is amazing when you try it on for the first time but the more I wear it, the more I hate how high it is though. Definitely not a shoe to play ball in either as the ankle support is flimsy.
    I hear they are raising the price of J's now though. I refuse to buy another pair of 400% markup shoes but I'll let a fe,ale buy them for me, haha.

God they're fugly, I'll stick to retros

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    I hear they are raising the price of J's now though. I refuse to buy another pair of 400% markup shoes but I'll let a fe,ale buy them for me, haha.
    Where'd you hear that? When will that take effect?

All of the future releases are set at the normal $160.

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    God they're fugly, I'll stick to retros
    Same here.

I didn't even know they had been out for so long. For years, I didn't pay attention to the sneaker game, and nobody I associated with did either.