Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default Nemanja Nedovic - "the European Derrick Rose"

He'll probably be in this coming draft. A 6'3" combo guard with elite athleticism out of Serbia. He tested out with a 41" vert. Averaged 16/4/2 on 48% from the field, 35% from 3, and 91% from the FT line.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmVxkbiikaQ

Here's a nasty poster on recent Nets' draftee Bojan Bogdanovic
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhpv8...eature=related

You guys will get a chance to see him play in the u20 European championships next week.
    Last edited by Grinder; 07-10-2011 at 11:40 PM.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Default Re: Nemanja Nedovic - "the European Derrick Rose"

I want to see him in the NBA.. Tony wrotten jr >>>..

for the thread and comparison

I always compared him to Rose too. Great slasher, great athlete, they have almost the same style of play. Both PGs who play more like SGs.

I think that he can become something special, but he needs to mature (mentally)...

Quote Originally Posted by jamal99
    for the thread and comparison

I always compared him to Rose too. Great slasher, great athlete, they have almost the same style of play. Both PGs who play more like SGs.

I think that he can become something special, but he needs to mature (mentally)...
    No man, props to you, you were the first one to bring him to my attention like 2 years ago.

He's 6'4" in shoes so he's no that undersized should he end up playing the 2 full time. I think if he can make a solid improvement in his playmaking ability and decision making while shoring up his perimeter J, he could end up being a top 10 pick next year.

Guys like Nedovic, Satoransky, and Vesely are putting the "unathletic white Euro" stereotype to rest

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder
    He'll probably be in this coming draft. A 6'3" combo guard with elite athleticism out of Serbia. He tested out with a 41" vert. Averaged 16/4/2 on 48% from the field, 35% from 3, and 91% from the FT line.

You guys will get a chance to see him play in the u20 European championships next week.
    I will, live

Just watched that video.

The one crazy thing about this dude is in each dunk clip he literally does not brace for any impact, he literally attacks the rim as if no one is there. Thats a scary thought for a defender knowing you have a dude who is going to hit you at full speed at the basket. Even Derrick Rose is most known for adjusting for contact.

The speed/agility & the way he dunks without any regard reminds me of Steve Francis. He'd hit the rim like a bullet until injuries wore him down.

What is his contract like? Is he the type of guy who'll be able to come over immediately and go in Round 1 or is he the type of guy who goes in Round 2 and the Spurs hold his rights for a few years?
    Last edited by Rowe; 07-11-2011 at 02:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowe
    Just watched that video.

The one crazy thing about this dude is in each dunk clip he literally does not brace for any impact, he literally attacks the rim as if no one is there. Thats a scary thought for a defender knowing you have a dude who is going to hit you at full speed at the basket. Even Derrick Rose is most known for adjusting for contact.

The speed/agility & the way he dunks without any regard reminds me of Steve Francis. He'd hit the rim like a bullet until injuries wore him down.

What is his contract like? Is he the type of guy who'll be able to come over immediately and go in Round 1 or is he the type of guy who goes in Round 2 and the Spurs hold his rights for a few years?
    I like that Francis comparison, but Nedovic is way more polished than Travis Leslie who's pretty much just a spectacular athlete and not much more.

As of now, there's not really a contract issue, the NBA limit of $500,000 should be more than enough to cover a buyout to the Serbian club he's on (if necessary). However, some bigger clubs like Maccabi Tel Aviv and some Italian clubs are showing interested and they'd probably try to enforce some clause that would make it tough for him to come over right away.

I think if he remains with his current club, he'll come over right away for sure if he's a first rounder. If he has even a decent season this year, I can't see him dropping to the 2nd round and being a stash candidate.

He's good, but Rakocevic was better.

He won't amount to anything in the NBA, as long as the NBA coaches continue their racist way of thinking against athletic white European guards. Rakocevic was similar, only better and more talented.

And the NBA just refused to play him when he went there.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

I like that Francis comparison, but Nedovic is way more polished than Travis Leslie who's pretty much just a spectacular athlete and not much more.

As of now, there's not really a contract issue, the NBA limit of $500,000 should be more than enough to cover a buyout to the Serbian club he's on (if necessary). However, some bigger clubs like Maccabi Tel Aviv and some Italian clubs are showing interested and they'd probably try to enforce some clause that would make it tough for him to come over right away.

I think if he remains with his current club, he'll come over right away for sure if he's a first rounder. If he has even a decent season this year, I can't see him dropping to the 2nd round and being a stash candidate.

I don't know about this, next season the draft is deep..

Dude=/= Derrick Rose at all.

Kid's way too slow (in comparison)...not really shifty either.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    He's good, but Rakocevic was better.

He won't amount to anything in the NBA, as long as the NBA coaches continue their racist way of thinking against athletic white European guards. Rakocevic was similar, only better and more talented.

And the NBA just refused to play him when he went there.

C'mon with that B.S. man. No one cares to hear about your infounded and absurd comments.

Parker
    Roddy
    Ginobili
    JJ Barea
    Jose Calderon
    Ricky Rubio
    Batum
    Pietrus

etc, etc.

stfu.

Decent college freshman theaussieguy's Avatar

dude looks light weight but extremely durable, he literally can just bounce off people which is probably why he doesn't seem afraid...in other words he has a lesser chance of breaking anything, which is great i bet he is tough as ***

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    C'mon with that B.S. man. No one cares to hear about your infounded and absurd comments.

Parker
    Roddy
    Ginobili
    JJ Barea
    Jose Calderon
    Ricky Rubio
    Batum
    Pietrus

etc, etc.

stfu.

Rakocevic is way better than those players.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Rakocevic is way better than those players.
    fyl then

Root Of All Evil

The european Derrick Rose?

Please... GRIND HARDER, Grinder.

This dude is nothing like Rose.