Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Stephen A Smith: Nobody Can Beat The Spurs.

Quote Originally Posted by AMISTILLILL
    And not a **** was given that day.
    Yeah, you're right. Not one shit will be given if the Spurs make the finals, and the ratings will prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Yea lol.. give him props though. It took him a lot to own up and admit that Skip was right and that OKC has no chance in his opinion.
    That only becomes true if spurs do beat the thunder..

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

Miami would have to play like they did yesterday, every game and that's not going to happen. Spurs all around game will prove to be too much for Miami and OKC the way Dallas was for both teams last year. San Antonio is actually very similar to the 2011 Mavs but IMO they are even BETTER.

I have Spurs winning both series in 6... so no like I'm predicting a sweep here. OKC and Miami are ELITE just like OKC. Difference is off the top of my head I can point out multiple weaknesses in those teams, can't say the same for the Spurs. You said they don't defend but they were the 10th ranked defense all season and have been the 1st ranked in the playoffs.
    Of course they're ranked #1 in defense. They've had the privilege of playing the Jazz and Clippers. *yawn*

I'm not saying OKC will win this series, but the notion that they stand no chance against San Antonio is absurd. It's a 6-game series minimum, likely 7.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
    So San Antonio beats a pretty bad Jazz team then steamrolls the most predictable offense in the game and suddenly they're world beaters? Give me a break. They're an elite team no doubt, one of the 3 best in the game, but let's not act like OKC and Miami won't give them a serious run for their money.

Everyone says defensive wins championships. The Spurs don't play defense. OKC and Miami do. Just keep that in mind.

You won't. You have no shot. You never did.

With respect to the OKC fans, your team is not good enough to be champions. Not now.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Of course they're ranked #1 in defense. They've had the privilege of playing the Jazz and Clippers. *yawn*

I'm not saying OKC will win this series, but the notion that they stand no chance against San Antonio is absurd. It's a 6-game series minimum, likely 7.
    Think of this though. You said Clippers are the most predictable offense in the league (I agree) right? OKC struggles with the same thing. Teams know EXACTLY how they are going to beat you and they run the same sets over and over. San Antonio is going to have a full week to game plan for that the way they did for CP3 and the Clippers. Miami is also predictable and plays a lot of ISO. Spurs are going to be ready for both teams.

Thunder & Heat fans think they got a chance. Skinny man & chucker got no chance. Neither does the 300 pound football player & the other guy who falls a lot.

Think of this though. You said Clippers are the most predictable offense in the league (I agree) right? OKC struggles with the same thing. Teams know EXACTLY how they are going to beat you and they run the same sets over and over. San Antonio is going to have a full week to game plan for that the way they did for CP3 and the Clippers. Miami is also predictable and plays a lot of ISO. Spurs are going to be ready for both teams.
    You're comparing OKC's juggernaut offense to the Clippers now? Cmon son. Predictable or not, their versatility has led them to the 2nd most efficient offense in the regular season and the #1 most efficient offense in the postseason. The Clippers don't have that versatility, nor do they have a 3-headed monster even close to the level OKC's big 3 are playing on.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore AlexanderRight's Avatar

So San Antonio beats a pretty bad Jazz team then steamrolls the most predictable offense in the game and suddenly they're world beaters? Give me a break. They're an elite team no doubt, one of the 3 best in the game, but let's not act like OKC and Miami won't give them a serious run for their money.

Everyone says defensive wins championships. The Spurs don't play defense. OKC and Miami do. Just keep that in mind.

You're comparing OKC's juggernaut offense to the Clippers now? Cmon son. Predictable or not, their versatility has led them to the 2nd most efficient offense in the regular season and the #1 most efficient offense in the postseason. The Clippers don't have that versatility, nor do they have a 3-headed monster even close to the level OKC's big 3 are playing on.
    OKC's offense is just a better Clippers offense man. Lots of Iso and PNR. OKC was the 2nd ranked offense, Clippers the 4th. OKC's biggest weakness even more than go to post scoring is ball movement. It's not rare to see this team have games with 10 assists. The Spurs swarm your best players and since OKC isn't a great or willing passing team, it's going to hurt.

Banned

Spurs over Thunder in 5. Spurs over Heat in 4.

OKC's offense is just a better Clippers offense man. Lots of Iso and PNR. OKC was the 2nd ranked offense, Clippers the 4th. OKC's biggest weakness even more than go to post scoring is ball movement. It's not rare to see this team have games with 10 assists. The Spurs swarm your best players and since OKC isn't a great or willing passing team, it's going to hurt.
    4th in the regular season. They're 9th ranked in the postseason. That's not very good.

OKC is only averaging 4 less assists than San Antonio. They've been much less of an iso team in the playoffs.

The Spurs can swarm YOUR best player because there's no one else on the team to pick up the slack. Swarm OKC's best players and you're dead in the water. The Spurs don't have the personnel to defend OKC any differently than Rick Carlisle and Mike Brown have with better defenders, and OKC still has an offensive efficiency of over 100.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore AlexanderRight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    How boring. The Spurs? Snore. A bunch of no-namers playing out of their minds.

I'm not watching a second of the Finals unless Philadelphia or Indiana are involved. And even not then probably.
    You are an embarrassment.

Yep. Their opponents weren't strong. But ppg difference was 11.5 in 2nd round and 16.0 in 1st round.

Aside from last night, 92 was the highest number scored against them. Still they didn't allow a 100+ game.
    They have 4th best DRtg in 2012 playoffs while their pace is higher by 3(average) compared to top 3.
    As for opponents efg%, they're 6th while having best efg% by far. (1st Spurs with .548, 2nd Thunder with .509 and the difference is bigger than "they didn't face a strong team" excuse)

4th in the regular season. They're 9th ranked in the postseason. That's not very good.

OKC is only averaging 4 less assists than San Antonio. They've been much less of an iso team in the playoffs.

The Spurs can swarm YOUR best player because there's no one else on the team to pick up the slack. Swarm OKC's best players and you're dead in the water. The Spurs don't have the personnel to defend OKC any differently than Rick Carlisle and Mike Brown have with better defenders, and OKC still has an offensive efficiency of over 100.
    Clippers 9th in playoffs is pretty damn impressive considering the injuries and opponents. Memphis and SA are top tier defenses and with Memphis lots of grind out games. You'll see next week what it's like to face San Antonio man. They make you pay for EVERYTHING you do.

Good grief man San Antonio is NOT an elite defensive team and they're most definitely not better defensively than LA or Dallas.