Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Troll who tries to provoke you

Default Re: if LBJ wins more championships than Kobe, does he surpass Kobe all-time?

Quote Originally Posted by Odinn
    Hakeem has a case to be ranked over Kobe. I guess 2 or 3 rings (but like Hakeem's ones) will be enough to making a case.
    WTF is this?

Hakeem "won" 2 FMVPs over Ewing & Shaq, marqee match ups & arch-nemesis at same positions. first ballot HOFers.

Kobe "won" 2009 FMVP over weak "magic" line up against trashy backcourt. 2010 FMVP, Kobe barely "collected" it.

How are both FMVPs the same?

Hakeem is not just above Kobe, He is ranked above Shaq too cuz of man handlling future all-time great first ballot HOFer in 1995 NBA Finals.

Default Re: if LBJ wins more championships than Kobe, does he surpass Kobe all-time?

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He just needs to win 2 Finals MVP. He will surpass Kobe in the all time lists because Kobe in his first 2 NBA Finals Appearance put up miserable stats in the NBA Finals.
    Yeah right, he would be at the top of the bball olympus over kobe with that, just like spike Lee reigns the dirctors Olympus

Troll who tries to provoke you

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    Yeah right, he would be at the top of the bball olympus over kobe with that, just like spike Lee reigns the dirctors Olympus
    LBJ collected all the appropriate accolades & trophies at the right time.

Kobe didnt.

If LBJ "wins" & doesnt "collect" 2 FMVPs, he will easily surpass Kobe.

Kobe has done too little in a weak era for 16 years to justify himself even in Top 10 GOATs.

Just the reality & the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Really???

Kobe 3 straight finals appearances, 2 FMVPs, 2 titles..

Lebron... Playoff chokes

Yep real dominance right there
    Because Kobe losing by 39 freaking points in a finals game really isnt a choke

LAwilwintheirlsthomegm

Kobe made 3 finals, win 2 titles and 2 fmvp in a 3 year span with a then one time all-star Gasol; James had to join forces with Wase and Bosh and still dropped an egg last year. Guy is pathetic, he just isn't a winner. People forget that he's a loser until pressure rolls his way, then he chokes yet again.

Comparing Kobe to him is a disgrace, one is a legend and more importantly a winner; James is a very talented choker, who had a horrible personality, is self-entitled and needed Wade's help to try to cement his legacy. Lol

Guy's a joke.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    I'd like to preferably hear from non-Kobe lovers because we all know what their answer is going to be.

Few quick reasons:

1) He already has more MVPs than Kobe.
    2) If LBJ wins 6+ titles, of course he's going to get at least a couple FMVPs as well.
    3) He took an inferior team all the way to the Finals and were top seeded routinely in the East and repeatedly took them deep in the playoffs as well. On the other hand, all Kobe could do without Shaq or the Twin Towers is carry his team up the first round only or not even make the playoffs at all.
    4) etc.
    Just gotta love Lebronyte "logic" if you can even call it that. Yeah...discredit Kobe REAL titles, but praise Lebron's IMAGINARY ones? What the hell kind of stupid sh*t is that?

Then you wonder why nobody takes you morons seriously....EVER.
    Last edited by LakersReign; 05-04-2012 at 11:14 AM.

If LeBron had really won championships,
    would people still have to make so many
    hypothetical scenarios about him being a winner?

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He just needs to win 2 Finals MVP. He will surpass Kobe in the all time lists because Kobe in his first 2 NBA Finals Appearance put up miserable stats in the NBA Finals.

Kobe Bryant 2001 NBA Finals Averages:
    24.6 ppg, 7.8 rpg, 5.8 apg, 1.4 spg, 1.4 bpg

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Really???

Kobe 3 straight finals appearances, 2 FMVPs, 2 titles..

Lebron... Playoff chokes

Yep real dominance right there
    Kobe had Shaq though and then the Twin Towers in all of those championship teams.

Tell me, what did Kobe do when he did not have either? I'll tell you---either no playoff appearance or lost in the first round. Yeah, real dominant there Kobe. You were the real difference maker!

What did LBJ do without Wade and Bosh? Just reached the NBA Finals with Mo Williams as the 2nd best player not to mention top seeded team in the East repeatedly and went deep in the playoffs every year, that's all.

Thank you.
    Last edited by swi7ch; 05-04-2012 at 11:34 AM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    Depends how he wins them... There is no doubt stats wise lebron is good enough to go down as a top 4-5 all time player. Just depends how he wins the titles and how many historic moments he has.

He doesn't need 6 titles to be ranked ahead of kobe of more than magic but how he wins will decide it.

Let's see if he can win one first.

I agree. I say if Lebron wins 4 finals MVP he'll be ahead of Kobe all time. He still has a lot of work to do before he reaches this level. Also, there's a chance that Kobe might win another ring before he retires. I don't think it's possible for Lebron to 7 championships, so he'll just have to dominate every finals he makes it to if he wants to be ranked high all time.
    Last edited by Alamo; 05-04-2012 at 11:39 AM.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Quote Originally Posted by swi7ch
    Kobe had Shaq though and then the Twin Towers in all of those championship teams.

Tell me, what did Kobe do when he did not have either? I'll tell you---either no playoff appearance or lost in the first round. Yeah, real dominant there Kobe. You were the real difference maker!

What did LBJ do without Wade and Bosh? Just reached the NBA Finals with Mo Williams as the 2nd best player not to mention top seeded team in the East repeatedly and went deep in the playoffs every year, that's all.

Thank you.
    ........then they turn right around and cry about how bad those same Cavs supposedly sucked and how bad Lebron had it in Cleveland. Which is exactly why he HAD TO leave and go to Miami. Yeah...that's real logic right there.
    Last edited by LakersReign; 05-04-2012 at 11:42 AM.

3-time NBA All-Star

If he plays at at least the same level as Kobe did in those championship playoff runs, I don't see why not. Of course saying he's going to do that is a big jump. But assuming he does, he's been a better regular season performer and probably a better playoff performer in non-championship playoff runs so it wouldn't be such a jump to say he would surpass Kobe. By the way, he doesn't necessarily have to win more titles then him, just depends on his level of his play and his lack of championships right now is indicative of that. At his current rate, he won't surpass Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    ........then they turn right around and cry about how bad those same Cavs supposedly sucked and how bad Lebron had it in Cleveland. Which is exactly why he HAD TO leave and go to Miami. Yeah...that's real logic right there.

This.

There is no reasoning with a Lebron stan. Just pure retards basically.

In a Lebron stans mind Kobe only won cause he had dominant centres, shaq and gasol/injured bynum.... How shit is Lebron then if he had a top 3 player in Wade and arguably top 5 PF in Bosh

Are you shitting me?

6 championships with 3 MVPs (probably will win more) and probably 6 FMVPs? Surpass Kobe? hahahah.... that surpasses ANYBODY except Michael Jordan.....

With Kobes 1 MVP and 2 FMVPs... Lebron will not need 6 fmvp/championship runs to surpass him.... thats a god damn OVERKILL...
    Last edited by pauk; 05-04-2012 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Are you shitting me?

6 championships with 3 MVPs (probably will win more) and probably 6 FMVPs? Surpass Kobe? hahahah.... that surpasses ANYBODY except Michael Jordan.....

With Kobes 1 MVP and 2 FMVPs... Lebron will not need that many championship runs to surpass him....

And back to reality... 2 finals appearances, 2 completely shit performances

NO TITLES, NO FINALS MVPs. How can you argue on what Lebron MIGHT win