Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Default Re: First athlete to openly come out...

Manti Teo. Seriously though I doubt anyone comes out while playing.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by funnystuff
    You're an idiot.

You cant choose to be gay, you're either born that way or you aren't.
    gtfo fakkit

Not sure why its an issue. What someone does in the bedroom is there business.
    I dont get the whole "openly coming out" bullshit. Its like they have to admit to everyone theyve done the wrong thing in homophobes eyes. Unless OP wants a role model to look up to of the same sexuality?

Then again, I dont care much about what athletes do in there private lives. I watch for the game, not the TMZ gossip

Op is a bosh

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Not sure why its an issue. What someone does in the bedroom is there business.
    I dont get the whole "openly coming out" bullshit. Its like they have to admit to everyone theyve done the wrong thing in homophobes eyes. Unless OP wants a role model to look up to of the same sexuality?

Then again, I dont care much about what athletes do in there private lives. I watch for the game, not the TMZ gossip
    Haha, seriously though, any normal gay person that does come out would probably do so for that very reason.

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Strong possibility that Te'o is gay.
    Agreed, I didn't think much about the gay theories until recently, but it's the scenario that makes the most sense at this point. Between this other guy being gay, Manti's awkward reaction when asked whether he was gay, and the fact that this guy is now making appearances(most likely covering for Manti, imo) and Manti has not publicly taken any shots at the gay guy. Plus, Manti's numerous contradictions lead me to believe he's still not being forthcoming, and his version of events really doesn't make sense.

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    LOL AFL is the national league. But yes Rugby is popular in 2 states.
    You get my gist man, it's the highest national level at that particular sport. Much closer in spirit to NFL too. I'm an AFL fan not an NRL fan too so not going to argue the popularity.

Why does a player have to "come out" with his sexuality? Maybe we should just assume everyone is homosexual, and make all the heterosexual players "come out"?

I mean, honestly, I don't see why people care who these guys are fukcing in their off-time. I watch them because I love basketball, and they are good at the sport. They can fukc animals in their personal life for all I care.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
    You get my gist man, it's the highest national level at that particular sport. Much closer in spirit to NFL too. I'm an AFL fan not an NRL fan too so not going to argue the popularity.
    I'm Australian but have never followed rugby and didn't know this story. I still think Australia's a much different culture compared to American sports teams, comming out here would probably help your career with how PC all our public figures and players have to be. Not sure about NRL but in AFL contracts are handled different to the NBA too.
    I agree with bdreason it makes no difference if someone is or isn't and there shouldn't be any pressure to come out. The only issue is if players are in an environment where they are forced to hide or act against how they want to which could currently be happening to some players.

My PC got blue screened while I was searching "chris bosh gay". I think it's a sign.

No pun intended.
    [COLOR="White"]OMG ITS RUDY GAY! HE IS PROBABLY SUCKING OFF A RAPTOR RIGHT NOW IN MOTER FING TORANTOdrake****you =D[/COLOR]

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    I'm Australian but have never followed rugby and didn't know this story. I still think Australia's a much different culture compared to American sports teams, comming out here would probably help your career with how PC all our public figures and players have to be. Not sure about NRL but in AFL contracts are handled different to the NBA too.
    I agree with bdreason it makes no difference if someone is or isn't and there shouldn't be any pressure to come out. The only issue is if players are in an environment where they are forced to hide or act against how they want to which could currently be happening to some players.

Not sure on how old you are, but I'm 31, I grew up on the east coast and I remember it was quite a big deal at the time. Agreed on how PC we are, but I think the US is pretty similar too. Remember how much of a big deal it was when Kobe called the ref a f@ggot?

And this?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I think coming out would make a player popular with fans, but not as much with those few teammates who are prejudice. I feel like we can't be too far away from a pro to come out though. I'm looking forward to it. I just hope it isn't a player I hate, because then if I continue to hate him people will think I'm homophobic.

Quote Originally Posted by coin24
    Unless OP wants a role model to look up to of the same sexuality?

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

kobe is currently bi sexual, so does that make him gay?