Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    I rule the local playground MASH Transit's Avatar

Default Re: Ricky Rubio haters, Identify yourself

I actually think Rubio will be moderately successful. Depending on he and D. Williams development, the Wolves could be a force to be reckoned with this season.

Kevin Love and Mike Beasely both look great thus far. Solid pieces all around imo.

Saw a basketball once

I don't hate the guy, however people here need to understand that some of us, primarily from Europe are quite familiar with him. I've seen him alot last year also in the Spanish league, and in the euro league. There were times that players just went off him, intantially to make him pull up a shot,something that made hin very insecure and in times made him liability on the court for coach, pascull ,in barcelona.he is more of an all around PG , in a way is game is quite similar to that of rondo. All of that been said, I do think he has alot of potential,All he needs is still work on his shot , and definitely spend alot of time in the weight room .

Quote Originally Posted by billyhoe
    I don't hate the guy, however people here need to understand that some of us, primarily from Europe are quite familiar with him. I've seen him alot last year also in the Spanish league, and in the euro league. There were times that players just went off him, intantially to make him pull up a shot,something that made hin very insecure and in times made him liability on the court for coach, pascull ,in barcelona.he is more of an all around PG , in a way is game is quite similar to that of rondo. All of that been said, I do think he has alot of potential,All he needs is still work on his shot , and definitely spend alot of time in the weight room .
    I acknowledge this but people act like Rubio at age 24 is going to be the exact same as he was playing for Barcelona and don't consider that he's being developed by one of the best coaches in the nba who's going to constantley get him shooting shots with trainers and already talked about wanting to see him bulk up

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    I m saying that Papaloukas isnt that good now ( did you watch his games in Maccabi ) . I didnt watch Huertas much so for me Teodosic is best passer . But can we can both agree that Rubio isnt good passer like these players ?
    Huertas is a better passer than Teodosic IMO. As for Rubio, in Euroleague, as far as best passing Euroleague point guards (not in order)....

Jasikevicius
    Papaloukas
    Huertas
    Spanoulis
    Teodosic

To me those were all better passing point guards in Euroleague than Rubio.

Prigioni and Diamantidis are debatable, about the same level as Rubio in passing. I would put Rubio slightly over Zisis and Rodriguez in passing. Those are the 10 best passing point guards in the Euroleague IMO, if you count Rubio in the list.

So, I would rate Rubio's passing ability as somewhere around 6-8 among the 10 best passing Euroleague point guards.

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    ****ing number 1!!! Rubio hater right here <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I'm admitting I was very very wrong - he's a lot of fun to watch.

why does it always have to be about hate. Why cant the thread title be Ricky Rubio Lovers, Identify yourself

Banned

I'm not a big fan. Just a matter of time before the league figures him out.

Decent playground baller

Meanwhile in 14 NBA games he's 4th in steals per game, 8th in assists per game (5th in assist per 48 minutes) and 11th best rebounder among guards. In 31 minutes per game.

I agree with those thinking Irving is the number 1 candidate to ROY (he's incredible), but both are having a huge impact in their teams. I mean Timberwolves are 6-8 with a hard schedule early on, some easy games they lost because of inexperience and a lot of close games.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    I'm not a big fan. Just a matter of time before the league figures him out.
    how can you u figure out court vision and passing

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by alenleomessi
    how can you u figure out court vision and passing
    Because it's the only thing he's good at?